Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
yoyooyo any new blogs stumbled upon that are worth looking at?

I've realized ever since Surreal Football died (:to:) and moved to that fcf website I haven't read a blog in months. The writing is alright there, not enough Scott Oliver, no more Pranay Sanklecha.

Sid Lowe tweeted this blog about football stadiums in Spain, which is sorta nichey enough that it might be sorta interesting (probably not): Estadios de Fútbol en España

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
yoyooyo any new blogs stumbled upon that are worth looking at?

I've realized ever since Surreal Football died (:to:) and moved to that fcf website I haven't read a blog in months. The writing is alright there, not enough Scott Oliver, no more Pranay Sanklecha.

Sid Lowe tweeted this blog about football stadiums in Spain, which is sorta nichey enough that it might be sorta interesting (probably not): Estadios de Fútbol en España

I haven't been checking for football blogs this summer to be honest, ahven't even thought about clicking my football bookmarks tbh. MLS, MLS Extratime, and The Blizzard 5 been my soccer tings.

concise

Veteran
Daps
Edit: I see when you post a link it doesn't post the headline anymore... coli = sohh 2.0

"Henry Relishes the New in New York"

I was just about to ask if you turned that feature off, but it seems to be true for now.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I was lying in bed yesterday hungover to fukk watching NY Red Bulls v Seattle(i think).

Was so fukking dull, jesus. Even with the goals...just boring as hell.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I was lying in bed yesterday hungover to fukk watching NY Red Bulls v Seattle(i think).

Was so fukking dull, jesus. Even with the goals...just boring as hell.

agree. it was so suffocating outside though, i dont know how they play football in that weather. and to think theres a game on wednesday at 1pm too :snoop: fukking idiots who scheduled that

concise

Veteran
Daps
agree. it was so suffocating outside though, i dont know how they play football in that weather. and to think theres a game on wednesday at 1pm too :snoop: fukking idiots who scheduled that

93 degrees forecasted for that day :russ:

I thought they stopped with these afternoon summertime kickoffs, especially after this one game I remember a couple of years ago, I think was a 12.30 or so kickoff at Giants Stadium against Colorado and almost nothing happened.

Looking at the prices, why would it be more expensive to sit in the upper level behind the supporters section? Why should someone pay more to sit behind those noisemakers?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
is there a reason for the midweek, daytime games?

Twellmen was getting on henry for complaining about it saying, "its summer in America, so of course its going to be hot"

may have been the stupidest thing Ive heard on TV yesterday because you obviously make it worse by playing it in daylight.

DC just cant win in Houston :snoop:

concise

Veteran
Daps
is there a reason for the midweek, daytime games?

Twellmen was getting on henry for complaining about it saying, "its summer in America, so of course its going to be hot"

may have been the stupidest thing Ive heard on TV yesterday because you obviously make it worse by playing it in daylight.

DC just cant win in Houston :snoop:

It's probably an experiment that will be revealed later.
Found 1 article which references it:

NOT WANTING TO REPEAT HISTORY* Conrad a little frustrated, disappointed Red Bulls are trying mid-week summer matinee again

edit: headline posted

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is my first time in here I don't give a damn about Soccer but it's good to see it getting alot of love on the site. :cook: