Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
BcGr0y9IMAAC1z1.jpg

Just ain't the same :leostare:

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
1) Hot trash is an embillshment but his performances were decent nothing that said World Class player in the making. IIRC Jol started playing him as a LM with Pyo behind him, wasn't exactly stellar but we Malbranque back then who was mister utility who could fill in and play well on the left. The either out of necessity he was moved to LB for awhile, had some decent games (ManU and the freekick against Arsenal) but either due to the team performances or his own adjusting to life in London didn't really push on till 'Arry came thru and Benny got that injury.

2) Now if you do not remember Modric being hot trash and getting outmuscled in his first season, then you've conveniently forgotten that era. He struggled in the midfield sometimes playing with Jenas and looking wack as shyte. Again 'Arry came through and moved him to the left to aid his adjustment and playing time and over time moved centrally and the rest is history.

3) Sandro - Took atleast 3 months of so to adapt. Remember we bought him from Internacional after the Copa, there was a big fuss because we weren't sure when he would come and when he did, he played reserve games and spent time trying to adjust to the league. Had a few sub appearances and that bolton blunder but really didn't come into his own until that AC Milan game where he was unfukkwitable. Again another player given time to adjust and develop.

4) Holtby :comeon: same shyt here breh, came in jan had a nice game against norwich, faded badly but has picked up some form and is looking like a decent player.

Lamela has had maybe 3 starts in the league and is somehow expected to be caught up with league :whoa: new league, new language and new playing style now, kid will come good in time.

Most of what youve posted is on point :ehh:

Still though, on Bale - he hardly played his first season with us iirc . .And jol was fired like 2 months into that season too. You're right, nothing about him said world class . . . we got him as a pup. Lamela on the otherhand at this point is further progressed in his game, killed it at Roma, played for the Arge national team, however has shown nothing of his potential skill/class in his first 5 months at spurs. Literally nothing, its quite worrying. Soldado for example, has been poor but from some of his play you know he's got it in his bag.Lamela gonna be like Gio Dos Santos, shyt for tottenham but good for whoever else

Trying to find some stats to back up lamela so far this season, cant find much apart from - http://www.squawka.com/players/erik-lamela#performance-score#tottenham-hotspur-(current)#english-barclays-premier-league#8#season-2013/2014#64#all-matches#1-17#by-match

:troll:

How this dude got a negative score :dwillhuh:

Sandro came to us after the season had begun i think, and was burnt out from winning the copa liba with inter. He didnt take that long to settle in :yeshrug: . That away game at the san siro with Sandro + wilson fukking palacios bossing AC :wow: :blessed:shyt was incredible. Had loadsa players missing iirc

Last edited:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Getting some really good movies coming through now. I want to see Wolf of Wall Street (that 3 hour run time though :whoa:)

American Hustle looks alright, might check that out. That new Spike Jonze movie looks right up my alley. Anchorman 2 perhaps, I dunno. I'll catch it at a matinee likely.

They're making a sequel to 21 Jump Street though :ohhh: trailer is a bit mehh

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Most of what youve posted is on point :ehh:

Still though, on Bale - he hardly played his first season with us iirc . .And jol was fired like 2 months into that season too. You're right, nothing about him said world class . . . we got him as a pup. Lamela on the otherhand at this point is further progressed in his game, killed it at Roma, played for the Arge national team, however has shown nothing of his potential skill/class in his first 5 months at spurs. Literally nothing, its quite worrying. Soldado for example, has been poor but from some of his play you know he's got it in his bag.Lamela gonna be like Gio Dos Santos, shyt for tottenham but good for whoever else

Trying to find some stats to back up lamela so far this season, cant find much apart from - http://www.squawka.com/players/erik-lamela#performance-score#tottenham-hotspur-(current)#english-barclays-premier-league#8#season-2013/2014#64#all-matches#1-17#by-match

:troll:

How this dude got a negative score :dwillhuh:

Sandro came to us after the season had begun i think, and was burnt out from winning the copa liba with inter. He didnt take that long to settle in :yeshrug: . That away game at the san siro with Sandro + wilson fukking palacios bossing AC :wow: :blessed:shyt was incredible. Had loadsa players missing iirc

Nah breh, i wouldn't sweat it, Erik has been vetted by Baldini and scouts. The fukked up thing was AVB was overcoaching out players, giving them 20 diff instructions instead of trusting them do their thing. It's no wonder Tim got the team playing better by using the ol "go out and run abit " line that 'Arry pioneered , we just need Verts/Sandro/Kabs to return from injury and make sure we play

Capoue ---- Dembele

Lamela---------------- ----------------------------- Eriksen

Ade-------- Soldado

:wow: breh the team would kill most squads.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Getting some really good movies coming through now. I want to see Wolf of Wall Street (that 3 hour run time though :whoa:)

American Hustle looks alright, might check that out. That new Spike Jonze movie looks right up my alley. Anchorman 2 perhaps, I dunno. I'll catch it at a matinee likely.

that Anchorman 2 is pretty funny. Me and the girl i was with were the only black people in the theater tho.

I wanna see American Hustle too.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

Anchorman 2 is hilarious.

Her is really dope.

Im seeing Wolf of Wall Street either Christmas day or that Thursday.