Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Thank God you can't tell the future :heh: Hopefully the kid does well in whatever he does. Switching leagues has a lot to do with going into a different culture and everything. Hey, do you think Arsenal will stay top? City and them Pool cats are surging. And you think Theo can play up front, you guys rolling with Giroud all season, or is Wenger gonna spend big next month?

mmmm I don't think Arsenal will stay top. In fact I have a very strong feeling we're not top right now but I haven't looked at a table for ages.

Rolling with Big Sexy all season. Hoping for Wenget to splash big on a Diego Costa Lewandowski blockbusta though :ohlawdddd:

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
mmmm I don't think Arsenal will stay top. In fact I have a very strong feeling we're not top right now but I haven't looked at a table for ages.

Rolling with Big Sexy all season. Hoping for Wenget to splash big on a Diego Costa Lewandowski blockbusta though :ohlawdddd:

We all know Dortmund is Bayern trainer club, Lewandowski isn't going anywhere except there. You guys got 55 for Diego? Well not got, you guys will ACTUALLY spend that on him?

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
We all know Dortmund is Bayern trainer club, Lewandowski isn't going anywhere except there. You guys got 55 for Diego? Well not got, you guys will ACTUALLY spend that on him?

Do we have 55 for Diego :heh:

Our money as long as FIFA once they hold an impoverished country ransom to hold a bloated international tournament and disappear silently into the night brahh

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Do we have 55 for Diego :heh:

Our money as long as FIFA once they hold an impoverished country ransom to hold a bloated international tournament and disappear silently into the night brahh

Yea, will you guys though?

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
I remember that game, we lost to bolton in the game after we whooped Inter in the CL iirc. . and we always did shyt at the reebok, no? And no, i dont remember them 3 players in particular being trash :stopitslime:

With Bale, he had that shytty record of never being in a winning team for like 35 games, his performances however werent bad in the main - dont let that record make you think he was hot trash :comeon:

I think its a case of the price tag around Lamelas neck. . For 30m im expecting this kid to show atleast something . . .

1) Hot trash is an embillshment but his performances were decent nothing that said World Class player in the making. IIRC Jol started playing him as a LM with Pyo behind him, wasn't exactly stellar but we Malbranque back then who was mister utility who could fill in and play well on the left. The either out of necessity he was moved to LB for awhile, had some decent games (ManU and the freekick against Arsenal) but either due to the team performances or his own adjusting to life in London didn't really push on till 'Arry came thru and Benny got that injury.

2) Now if you do not remember Modric being hot trash and getting outmuscled in his first season, then you've conveniently forgotten that era. He struggled in the midfield sometimes playing with Jenas and looking wack as shyte. Again 'Arry came through and moved him to the left to aid his adjustment and playing time and over time moved centrally and the rest is history.

3) Sandro - Took atleast 3 months of so to adapt. Remember we bought him from Internacional after the Copa, there was a big fuss because we weren't sure when he would come and when he did, he played reserve games and spent time trying to adjust to the league. Had a few sub appearances and that bolton blunder but really didn't come into his own until that AC Milan game where he was unfukkwitable. Again another player given time to adjust and develop.

4) Holtby :comeon: same shyt here breh, came in jan had a nice game against norwich, faded badly but has picked up some form and is looking like a decent player.

Lamela has had maybe 3 starts in the league and is somehow expected to be caught up with league :whoa: new league, new language and new playing style now, kid will come good in time.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Tbf, Dzeko shoots 9/10 times he touches the ball. Some of them are likely to find their way in. Law of large numbers breh. :jawalrus:

yup. Dzeko sucks, City play intuitive football when he's not on the pitch. When he's on the attack is predictable and sloppy, because Dzeko is either going to shoot or attempt a dribble or pass that never works out.