Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
Tbf Erik took 6-7 months to adjust to life in Serie A, so i expect him to take atleast that same amount to get to grips with the EPL. Plus you musta forgot about how hot trash Bale and Modric were when they first came to Spurs...shyt even Sandro was garbage i remember him losing the ball to Kevin Davies and him scoring right after that and ppl wanted him sold right after that :snoop: patience breh , hopefully Tim can help them all settle and gel.

I remember that game, we lost to bolton in the game after we whooped Inter in the CL iirc. . and we always did shyt at the reebok, no? And no, i dont remember them 3 players in particular being trash :stopitslime:

With Bale, he had that shytty record of never being in a winning team for like 35 games, his performances however werent bad in the main - dont let that record make you think he was hot trash :comeon:

I think its a case of the price tag around Lamelas neck. . For 30m im expecting this kid to show atleast something . . .

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Don't get a whole bunch of chances to catch Tottenham because I work every other weekend, but to judge a player in his first year is unfair. On top of losing a manager in the process. I know football isn't like most sports. They're less patient with progression, but you have to be reasonable when you an investment with anything in life, I don't see a footballer as any different. Say if van Persie's second season was his first, would have United been calling for his head? That's my general thoughts on the situation.

I see:ehh:

On to more pertinent questions. How you feeling about Dario Conca's inclusion into the top 100 players in the world by the guardian?

Also, your thoughts on IBWM's top 100 player list

http://inbedwithmaradona.com/journal/2013/12/18/ibwm100-for-2014

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
I see:ehh:

On to more pertinent questions. How you feeling about Dario Conca's inclusion into the top 100 players in the world by the guardian?

Also, your thoughts on IBWM's top 100 player list

http://inbedwithmaradona.com/journal/2013/12/18/ibwm100-for-2014

Never heard of him, and I'm not that versed in most other leagues let alone country. Never heard of this Dario Conca.

Edit: Looking through the list I see names I know. Notice Chelsea has a whole fleet of Belgian players on loan which is kind of scary. I'm happy to see Adnan on there, hopefully next year Moyes keeps this tradition going of letting young guys play. Force this vets to step up or move out.

Last edited:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Never heard of him, and I'm not that versed in most other leagues let alone country. Never heard of this Dario Conca.

:what: he's one of the most exciting 30 year olds on the planet :what:

Have you had the chance to catch Moussa Konate's matches this year for Genoa? I have this strange feeling about him but I wanted to see what the OFT brehs thought.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
:what: he's one of the most exciting 30 year olds on the planet :what:

Have you had the chance to catch Moussa Konate's matches this year for Genoa? I have this strange feeling about him but I wanted to see what the OFT brehs thought.

The places I go for things like that are here, and Redcafe.. never heard of the kid :yeshrug: I'll do the whole youtube/wikipedia thing tomorrow. I have no desire to watch Genoa. What kind of strange feeling do you have? Like what is your intrest at all?

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
The places I go for things like that are here, and Redcafe.. never heard of the kid :yeshrug: I'll do the whole youtube/wikipedia thing tomorrow. I have no desire to watch Genoa. What kind of strange feeling do you have? Like what is your intrest at all?

I just have this strange feeling that he'll go the route of most African players i.e. make a big splash in a random European league, then his brother gets kidnapped in a botched drug raid back in Africa then he fritters off into obscurity.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
I just have this strange feeling that he'll go the route of most African players i.e. make a big splash in a random European league, then his brother gets kidnapped in a botched drug raid back in Africa then he fritters off into obscurity.

Thank God you can't tell the future :heh: Hopefully the kid does well in whatever he does. Switching leagues has a lot to do with going into a different culture and everything. Hey, do you think Arsenal will stay top? City and them Pool cats are surging. And you think Theo can play up front, you guys rolling with Giroud all season, or is Wenger gonna spend big next month?