Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
So I'm trying to go to an United game next month.... how early should I show up?

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
Ayo @Liu Kang I'm in paris atm

Any good decently priced restaurants/grills/places to eat? :ld: anything but italian mate.
Don't leave Paris without eating Macaroons :wow:
macaroonsgal.jpg

:noah:

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You looking for restaurant chains ? Grills ?

LOL. We are the first in antidepressant consumption, that may be why :blessed:

EDIT : Where you at more specifically ? I don't know the prices in LDN but overall japanese restaurants are really cheap and you can eat good and well. If you're in 1st arrondissement, check Les Halles (next to Beaubourg), there is some good stuff here.
Im in bastille...and :salute: to man like @Jax and @beejus

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I see I see. most people here do look skressed.

And i guess restaurant chains breh. The fucc is a 'frunch' btw? I walked past one today. Their food good?
If there are any grill restaurants tho let me know plesse?
You may be talking about "Flunch" ? It's a restaurant chain (a "cafeteria") where you serve yourself like a canteen. I like me some from time to time and it's not expensive. Otherwise, known restaurant chains/grills : El Rancho, Le Paradis du Fruit, Buffalo Grill, La Boucherie, Courtepaille, Hippopotamus... Prices usually the same depending on what you choose. But anyway, hit some cafés, it's cheaper and you really got the french lifestyle feel. If you can during your stay, hit some "crêperies", they are usually cheap and it's different.

EDIT : And if you want some fast foods, it's either Quick, KFC or McDonald's or Burger King (which are back in France since yesterday).
I'm sure Liu will know more places to go, but I recommend L'As du Fallafel. It's close to Notre Dame.
I"m not really into lebanese stuff :D
I'm more into japanese, chinese and morrocan restaurants.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
You may be talking about "Flunch" ? It's a restaurant chain (a "cafeteria") where you serve yourself like a canteen. I like me some from time to time and it's not expensive. Otherwise, known restaurant chains/grills : El Rancho, Le Paradis du Fruit, Buffalo Grill, La Boucherie, Courtepaille, Hippopotamus... Prices usually the same depending on what you choose. But anyway, hit some cafés, it's cheaper and you really got the french lifestyle feel. If you can during your stay, hit some "crêperies", they are usually cheap and it's different.

EDIT : And if you want some fast foods, it's either Quick, KFC or McDonald's or Burger King (which are back in France since yesterday).

Turkish food is good doe, I mean, I only :eat: Kebabs but it still counts :lolbron:

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
Club World Cup is underway in Morrocos lads and Bayern will play shortly against Marcelo Lippi's team Guangzhou, which knocked out Al Ahly in the quarter final of the cup. The O line of the Chinese team is pretty stacked with ex Brazilian league players in Conca, Elkeson and Muirqui.

@Don Rhymus 's Gaylo play tomorrow against Raja Casablanca, the home team that managed to beat Monterrey and eliminate them from the competition. For the interest of all football fans near and far let's hope for a final between mighty Bayern and the home side Raja Casablanca

:smugbiden:

Clapsteel O'Neal

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Ok thanks breh, I'll try to find a japanes place and creperies. :salute:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Turkish food is good doe, I mean, I only :eat: Kebabs but it still counts :lolbron:
Yeah Kebabs are good and there are everywhere lol.
Usually I take me some lamb or some chicken because I'm not really fan of veal like that. Mixed with bulgur it's :ohlawd:

Clapsteel O'Neal

Daps
Reppin
NULL
OK, Bastille, you good if you wanna go out. Plenty of bars, cafés and pubs there.
You can also hit Pigalle/Montmartre, Chatelet/Les Halles, Belleville, St-Michel...
Should I just walk around bastille and find somewhere?

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Should I just walk around bastille and find somewhere?
Yeah, you'll see. I went out a few times in the Bastille area and we basically took a walk and choose where we wanted to go just feeling the atmosphere.
For pubs/cafés, look at the terraces if they are full or not, if people are talking. Look at the interior or listen to the music and if it pleases you and enter one. Drinks are kinda expensive though, beware. 5/6 € average for mojitos, if you can, get in during happy hours.

But there are also plenty of cozy/jazz bars if you just want to spend an evening/night with you and your girl in a quieter place

Anyway, how's your french ? :lolbron:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
@Bury Da Bwoy
Also, for restaurants, usually you have the menu with the prices displayed at the entrance, so you won't be surprised. Read it carefully before entering.