Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
So most americans have never had a meat and potato pie? a sausage roll? a cornish pasty?

They're so commonplace over here that it makes it weird to think about :ohhh:

Pastry :bow:

Can't have too much though:flabbynsick:
yeah, I think those with African and Caribbean parents may have consumed this as youths, but not those with families that have been here for generations. I dont like meat and potato pie. Prefer the meat pies the Caribbean people make.

Also, saw two films this weekend. Spiderman, very good. Really enjoyable, even if it is "too soon."

I also saw an advanced screening for the movie Ruby Sparks. I really liked this movie altho I doubt everyone else would. Guy is a writer who is working on a new book. Starts having dreams about this girl, and he writes a story about her. Girl shows up in his life and ensuing love starts. THe girl is real as everyone sees her, but it exposes a lot about the writer (Calvin) being an a$$hole of a person. Not violent, and he doesnt do stuff to alter her physically but he changes her personality which makes things worse, imo. Good movie, and the stars and director were there afterwards for a Q&A (the people who directed Little Miss Sunshine). Good movie, recommend it.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Twitter war between members of WFD. More like Kenny vs the backroom staff.

Apparently the show was sold to some company, who then was making some stupid decisions. Venkys-like. Steven left cause he didn't like what they were doing, Kenny wanted to leave the same time but they convinced them not to, shows numbers went down 10% after Steven left so it was a ripple but not a big deal, then when Kenny left the show's #'s dove off a cliff. A lot of behind the scenes money stuff, apparently this company trusted Rafa enough to make him some sort of executive on the show and things just spiraled from there. Apparently the show had 3,000 subscribers @ 50/year.

And since Cohen/Hassan left they bypassed that smart dude (forgot his name) for the woman who knew nothing, then they brought in the guy from yahoo, then it's been a merry-go-round of hosts and they'll probably be shutting it down soon.

Kenny went on a nice rant about how they fukked things up, worth reading I think. @KennyWFDLive - still haven't found a replacement, smh.

Kenny Hassan ‏@KennyWFDLive

WFD was given 1 YEARS of subscribers a brand new studio and an unparalleled guest list by Steven and myself. 8 mos later, they destroyed it.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Still on the fence about spiderman. Some have told me it's good, others told me it's too lovey dovey, I'll probably go see Ted first I think (even though Ted doesn't really seem like a movie you'd have to see in a theater, but I guess you could say that about all comedies).

One of my friends went and saw Savages, said it was horrible. I could have told him that from the trailers ffs, any movie with Travolta in this day and age:snoop:

Pretty soon though all focus will be shifted to The Dark Knight Rises...and the LCD Soundsystem movie :takedat:

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC

Fabio Borini is likely (note likely) to become Rodgers' first signing as ‪#LFC‬ manager. Deal not done yet though.

:wow: We building somethin brehs

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Still on the fence about spiderman. Some have told me it's good, others told me it's too lovey dovey, I'll probably go see Ted first I think (even though Ted doesn't really seem like a movie you'd have to see in a theater, but I guess you could say that about all comedies).

One of my friends went and saw Savages, said it was horrible. I could have told him that from the trailers ffs, any movie with Travolta in this day and age:snoop:

Pretty soon though all focus will be shifted to The Dark Knight Rises...and the LCD Soundsystem movie :takedat:

it is.

I wanted to give it a pass because it was pretty entertaining but that ending :why:

Del Toro, Hayek, and Travolta were pretty good tho. Blake Lively has a few sex scenes (no nudity except those dudes asses :snoop: ). Travolta doesnt have a scene with another woman.

Im just glad I didnt pay for it

Ted is hilarious.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
How much they talkin about with Borini?!

Him and Dempsey in for 15m would be some good business

Meanwhile, for about the same price

Shinji-Kagawa_1.jpg

Yeah, great business:whistle:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Would be sad to see Borini end up at Liverpool tbh, he is quality.

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
Rumoured fee about 8/9m. He was co-owned by parma and roma a few weeks back. They had to do a blind auction and I Roma got him for just over 6mil.

Scorch, he's more of a poacher type striker right?

I only seen this dude a few times for Swansea and I think once for Roma. Really encouraged by what i've heard and the fact he was in the Italy squad and he's just turned 21.

Ohms Law

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#Byrd Gang
To my uk brehs with sky tv. Does anybody know a way where i could sabotage my sky box so that no one else could watch it when im not home??? :mjpls:
And im not tlaking about using the pin. I don't need people to even think i might be behind it.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah poacher is a decent description but he's got good ability as well. His link up play is decent too. Scores goals and has already proven he works in Rodgers' set-up, can't go wrong really. At worst he'd be a decent squad player providing competition for places. Could easily develop into a 20 a season goalscorer and probably will.

One of the few young players we've produced of any quality and he ends up leaving. :why:

That's the end of Andy Carroll then. He was never going to fit in with Rodgers' style anway. I'd put money coli cash on him being sold in January.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
To my uk brehs with sky tv. Does anybody know a way where i could sabotage my sky box so that no one else could watch it when im not home??? :mjpls:
And im not tlaking about using the pin. I don't need people to even think i might be behind it.

Someone not chipping in with that sky bill then? :pachaha:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK

SledgeHammer.jpeg