Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The right back/right winger get rinsed :leon:

Amazing, although why are they playing with a ball that big and on a pitch that big, at that age? That's what we do wrong here (UK/England).

Anyway, Modric is reportedly off to Real Madrid.

They've obviously graduated to using a full sized pitch from indoor football/small sided games. Technique is telling.

Nothing wrong with playing on full sized pitches at that age if they’ve been properly educated and coached first. Much different to just being given a ball and being told to get on with it which has been the English way.

Good piece from the Guardian yesterday about Futsal and its growing influence in England - Could futsal be the key to unlocking talent in England's next generation? | Football | guardian.co.uk

If I have a son he's playing futsal from when he starts walking. :jawalrus:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
They've obviously graduated to using a full sized pitch from indoor football/small sided games. Technique is telling.

Nothing wrong with playing on full sized pitches at that age if they’ve been properly educated and coached first. Much different to just being given a ball and being told to get on with it which has been the English way.

Good piece from the Guardian yesterday about Futsal and its growing influence in England - Could futsal be the key to unlocking talent in England's next generation? | Football | guardian.co.uk

Futsal been knockin about on Eurosport since the mid 90's. I dont know how it took so fukkin long considerin the amount of 5/6 aside is played in this country. Tbh alot of the shyt they thinkin about now i thought of 10-12 years ago.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Futsal been knockin about on Eurosport since the mid 90's. I dont know how it took so fukkin long considerin the amount of 5/6 aside is played in this country. Tbh alot of the shyt they thinkin about now i thought of 10-12 years ago.

You been watching the beach soccer on ESPN? England was getting smashed by Bulgaria the other day :dead:

Joke at every level. :russ:

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
The right back/right winger get rinsed :leon:

Amazing, although why are they playing with a ball that big and on a pitch that big, at that age? That's what we do wrong here (UK/England).

Anyway, Modric is reportedly off to Real Madrid.

Stay blessed Luka!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Glad Modric is playing with a proper team so he can show off his talents

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK

This article today sums up another part that's wrong with English football

Off the ball movement: The great English disease | The Football Ramble Blog

Our players are like statues half the time. Haven't got a clue.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Who needs Modric when you've got Huddlestone coming back from injury?

Nah, whoses in it? Anyone decent? Have any of the English lads said fukk it and built sandcastles to protect the goals

Just seen a few minutes here and there. Bare teams involved, looks like jokes tbh.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Decent enough theory but I've stopped reading here:

Technical ability is not the issue. After all, Scott Parker came to prominence thanks to a McDonalds advert where he juggled the ball here there and everywhere. There are facets of Steven Gerrard’s passing that could be claimed to be the equal of Xavi or Pirlo.

I'm out :bryan:

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Who needs Modric when you've got Huddlestone coming back from injury?

Just seen a few minutes here and there. Bare teams involved, looks like jokes tbh.

Oh so you seen the youtube clips as well eh?:youngsabo:

BOBN

Pro
Daps

Technical ability is not the issue. After all, Scott Parker came to prominence thanks to a McDonalds advert where he juggled the ball here there and everywhere. There are facets of Steven Gerrard’s passing that could be claimed to be the equal of Xavi or Pirlo...
*clicks [X]*

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

About fukkin time, this was bought up. All these ex pros and jouralists keep on pumpin out the technical jargon. But thats not the main problem its the movement and the football IQ which does go hand in hand. But mainly movement which is the most important factor tbh

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
facets of his passing, probably pointing towards Gerrards ability to pass a long ball (although he does love a hollywood ball). Pirlo and Xavi > Gerrard, all day long for me. The point the article is trying to make is valid anyway.