Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Listened to that Danny Brown album :scusthov:

I think I'm finally done with rap :wow:

Every rap album I listen to is just underwhelming as fukk :wow:

Could just be me but is anyone else as bored with it as I am? And there were big releases this year too :what: Kanye, Jay, Drake, Cole, Wayne, Action Bronson, Lil Wyte and Jelly Roll, Danny Brown, Earl, Tyler, Pusha, Ferg, Big Sean, that fukking Roots and Elvis Costello album.

None of them did nothing for me....I guess I knew this day would always come :ehh:

listen to roc marciano

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
its why she runs so weird. they too big :noah:

people's token answer is 'youre getting older' butttttt.......... there HAS been a massive decrease in overall quality right? pretty sure of that

btw, dyou think leroux mightve gotten implants ? i dont remember them being as.. :whoo:
nah, they been big. I been following her since she was in HS. (:shaq:) and they've always been huge. I really dont know how she can play with those, but I enjoy watching her try.:takedat:

and nah, rap standards have fallen. I still consider myself a hip hop nerd, and even I dont get excited unless :ahh: drops something. Everyone else im very skeptical about.

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
Brehs if police want to see my friend for a hit and run (unattended vehicle) and he doesn't show up what happens? :patrice:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps

Could just be me but is anyone else as bored with it as I am? And there were big releases this year too :what: Kanye, Jay, Drake, Cole, Wayne, Action Bronson, Lil Wyte and Jelly Roll, Danny Brown, Earl, Tyler, Pusha, Ferg, Big Sean, that fukking Roots and Elvis Costello album.

None of them did nothing for me....I guess I knew this day would always come :ehh:
Done with rap for years now. From time to time there's a track or an album that gets me :ehh: (lately, it was Troy Ave's NYC song) but overall I don't care.
I remember 10 years ago when I began to be heavy on dancehall (mind you I was heavy in rap since the Tical album) even if I was still listening to rap regularly but if began to fade when I discovered grime and all the UK scene (2 step, garage, dnb and so on). Then that's when it became almost null when I switched to down tempo / left field / progressive (house, rock) stuff. Now I've added electro / dubstep / brostep / post-rock and some other genres to the mix and I'm good.
Tastes evolve and I'm sure I wouldn't trust a male in his late 20s still heavy on that gangsta rap shyt.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
people's token answer is 'youre getting older' butttttt.......... there HAS been a massive decrease in overall quality right? pretty sure of that[...]
True.
Wu Tang dropped Triumph as a single in 97. Triumph. As a single. No chorus, just them straight spitting fire (I still know Deck verse by heart to this day and SCREAMED it when I saw the WU performing Triumph live. :bryan:

IMO, rap quality definitely decreased with the fall of NY (or the rise of the south depending on how you see it) when it became more about who could have the clubs on smash rather than have heads bumping. That's was because Lil Jon and ATL, then it's was DJ Khaled and Miami (now it's all the Swag Rap). I don't blame nobody because music evolves but I can't help but think they crushed NY and lyricism.

Because you had mad NY cats trying to catch the wave to sell and that's when NY kinda lost its sound because it began diluted. For example, I still remember that Never scared remix featuring Cam, Kiss and Busta which was awkward because well they were riding a crunk beat with the typical NY flow (well Busta except maybe because he can ride all type of beats but that was not his best performance anyway) and they didn't FIT.

But I think the last shock I had in rap was when Rozay's Mafia Music dropped. shyt litterally had me :ohhh:. A Miami rapper spitting on a smooth progressive beat with no hook at all. That's why I try to give a listen to Ross every time he drops something.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
its why she runs so weird. they too big :noah:

nah, they been big. I been following her since she was in HS. (:shaq:) and they've always been huge. I really dont know how she can play with those, but I enjoy watching her try.:takedat:

:wow: She always looks like she is one step away from being face down in grass (
shaq.png
)

is she still on that :mjpls: not that it mattered

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
:wow: She always looks like she is one step away from being face down in grass (
shaq.png
)

is she still on that :mjpls: not that it mattered
DC needs to field a women's soccer team and sign her up.

I'd hang out in Arlington and find out if she still on that :mjpls:

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
True.
Wu Tang dropped Triumph as a single in 97. Triumph. As a single. No chorus, just them straight spitting fire (I still know Deck verse by heart to this day and SCREAMED it when I saw the WU performing Triumph live. :bryan:

IMO, rap quality definitely decreased with the fall of NY (or the rise of the south depending on how you see it) when it became more about who could have the clubs on smash rather than have heads bumping. That's was because Lil Jon and ATL, then it's was DJ Khaled and Miami (now it's all the Swag Rap). I don't blame nobody because music evolves but I can't help but think they crushed NY and lyricism.

Because you had mad NY cats trying to catch the wave to sell and that's when NY kinda lost its sound because it began diluted. For example, I still remember that Never scared remix featuring Cam, Kiss and Busta which was awkward because well they were riding a crunk beat with the typical NY flow (well Busta except maybe because he can ride all type of beats but that was not his best performance anyway) and they didn't FIT.

But I think the last shock I had in rap was when Rozay's Mafia Music dropped. shyt litterally had me :ohhh:. A Miami rapper spitting on a smooth progressive beat with no hook at all. That's why I try to give a listen to Ross every time he drops something.

I still listen to wu tang daily :manny:

this swag rap shyt aint for me

still guys like roc marciano making that real rap right now aswell

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Watching these nerd journos go into a rage on twitter when Blatter clearly doesn't even believe what he's saying and obviously in :troll: mode won't ever not be amusing

Its despicable! Disgusting! Outrageous!!! I don't even know what to say anymore!!! while you look at their profile pictures of some pudgy white face with glasses, probably never spanked a bytch hard or punched someone in the face or ever done a bit of crack

When you run out if superlatives it really dilutes your message after a while. You can't be THAT incredulous can you?

bunch of
yx2lXxX.jpg

lookin ass nikkas (tweets irrelevant)

Gandolpiffini

Banned
Daps
Reppin
BLVCK SCVLE
The new ransom and statik selektah is aight , action Bronson is dropping the blue chips pt 2 soon but yeah 99.8% of hip hop is now garbage , moved well on from it

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL

if we keep it all the way super real, rap as a genre has been shyt since 2004

The only hip hop artists that I genuinely get excited when something drops from them (whether it be song, ep or album) is ugly mane and death grips...and the former is retiring at the end of the year and the latter seems to be stretching the idea of what rap is so much its starting to become hard to call it rap. Nas is my favorite rapper ever, and I'm not even interested in any new albums he's got coming out anymore. He let me down with Life is Good, I was stuck with the :wow: face at how much praise that album got, its so generic and all over the place, nearly amateurish in its approach...you listen to an album like stillmatic before you listen to that and the quality difference is like night and day. Also, in terms of excitement for about a 2 month period I thought odd future was gonna change everything, but then I twigged on to them being just some corny troll faccits that can barely make decent music.

But in saying all of this, rap isn't the only genre that is boring atm

grime is infested by hipster producers recycling wiley circa 2002 samples, guys trying to figure out the best way to sell out like some common hoes and brehs trying to do their best D-Block impersinations over bootleg in da club style dr dre beats. i fuccing can't stand uk hip hop.

dubstep is either rehashing rebore bootleg knockoffs of coki riddims (brostep) or rehashing kryptic minds 'one of us' album (dungeon smh)

on this side of the pond...house and techno are just sh1t. all the dubstep producers that were worth anything just decided to flood the house scene with their bollocks

and i'm not into any other genres so i couldn't give my opinion on that.

Chelsea wolfe is good tho...I like her, a lot

I haven't heard pusha's album yet but I have actually been impressed by the singles so far.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
shaq.png
)

[...]
:ohhh:

That's the reason she went for a low header instead of a volley :ehh:
I still listen to wu tang daily :manny:

this swag rap shyt aint for me

still guys like roc marciano making that real rap right now aswell
You may be interested in the new Kendrick x Pusha track then
Good and simple stuff (same with the video), maybe I'll try to give Kendrick shyt a listen because the 9 / 10 wordplay he did on it was great. I don't particularly like his voice which I found forced at times but he shows good potential.

This is the Troy Ave song I was talking about earlier :

I don't necessarely hate on rap these days but I'm just mad at the lack of diversity tbh. When ATL blew up, there was still a Cali, a NY or a Houston sound. I followed rappers because they had an identity (dope boy (Jay), laid back (Snoop), funny (Busta), lyrical (Nas), gangsta (50), political (Dead Prez), swag (Camron) horrorcore (3-6) and so on). But as the sells decreased (or as piracy increased depending) rappers started to do what sold the most (ie club shyt and therefore crunk shyt because that what was the best at the time) and lost their identity just to be trend followers... Now these current rappers just look and sound alike to me. The best example was when rappers started to (over)use the supa dupa flow. That was a fad that lasted like what, 4 months ? And then everybody let that stuff go... That was ridiculous.