Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
On another note does anyone have a boss that you feel is just fukking incompetent?

I mean, that's rather easy to answer, or at least a boss who is so far out of touch, or at such a level where they forget basic ass shyt? It's the Peter Principle I reckon on one hand and just being, like I said, out of touch on the other.

I went into my boss's (well not my boss, AVP I guess is her official title, she's up there) office today with some paperwork like, "Ay, I think you have to take care of this, I really can't"

I set the paper down on her desk and was like, "You have to sign off on that right?"

She looked at me like I'd just given her a blanket with small pox or something like, "Errr, Tim isn't here? I mean...yeah, yeah...I can do this
QkqAYyB.png
"

I just hate shyt like that. Like really? It's your literally your job to do what I just asked! Literally!!

I swagged on her though, as I left called her a position lower than she is like I was oblivious :cool:

Then she was paid several grand more on her paycheck and drove off in her car while I walked home..so I'm not sure who won really :patrice:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
I've still only heard Above the Clouds or whatever the fukk it's called by Blu & Exile. But that was back in high school iirc.

I had his Valentine's day mixtape where it was a bunch of songs ranging from 0:30 seconds to 2:15 and random ass movie sound bytes and Blu mumbling over the tracks. That was the last I ever heard of him :yeshrug:

OFT's first band Haim though just came out with an album, banger :wow:
LANK?!?!?!?!

I heard a snippet of a joint in a youtube add and nearly lost myself.

"Go Slow" and "Forever" held me all the way down this summer :to:

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
I don't find Blu's music listenable. That one mixtape he did a few years back that everyone dikkrode into Bolivia is still in my itunes, and I scroll by it in disgust. Just another breh who can put words together well, but the whole "music" aspect is just ignored.

:dwillhuh: You came to this conclusion after one mixtape? "Below the Heavens" was far from just a lyrical exercise , shyt was exemplary in the whole sense. Sonically it was/is astounding, and at times the backdrop of Exile's production overwhelms what he has to say ( credit to Exile). If you don't fukk with him, thas cool but tryna say he doesn't make "music" is undermining what he achieved with that album and with some of the other quality projects he put out.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
:dwillhuh: You came to this conclusion after one mixtape? "Below the Heavens" was far from just a lyrical exercise , shyt was exemplary in the whole sense. Sonically it was/is astounding, and at times the backdrop of Exile's production overwhelms what he has to say ( credit to Exile). If you don't fukk with him, thas cool but tryna say he doesn't make "music" is undermining what he achieved with that album and with some of the other quality projects he put out.

Nah, it's paper thin, lukewarm garbage. Exile doesn't do anything that any wannabe Dilla hadn't been doing for about a decade on myspace, and Blu doesn't do anything that any other rhyming all his syllables rapping to rap ass rapper does.

Like, there's just absolutely nothing special about this project. It's just all meh everything.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and I would give anything to go back to 2010 and slap man like loefah, joy orbison, pangaea. They were on the cusp of creating a new genre and completely bottled it. Hyph Mngo was supposed to be the genesis:to:

ahh well

They kinda did tho, but things really just got weird around 2011, the whole Borstep, Funky, and Electro/Euro Dance thing, just knocked everything out of wack.

Essentially the whole 140 scene was birthed out of that sound. Long as my guys(Anti Social & extended family) are still doing their thing, i'm all good.

But i'm done with dealing with genres, it's just impossible today for genres that are mainly followed by young people to really grow(explains why the Soulful/Deep House scene as a whole has always been consistent, and has always evolved naturally, their audience has and will always been older than other genres). I was lucky enough to experience Hip-Hop, Drum & Bass, Reggae before they got turned upside down.

What's happen honestly, is that too many fukkers are making and releasing music, most genres before the digital age, really only had a handful of people who were really putting out music on a prolific level. But now so much music is out there, and so many people are coming into genres without any knowledge of the history or culture of the genres.

What I notice in particular with a lot of English Electronic/Dance/ Urban(whatever)genres is that. A genre starts off very multicultural, leaning heavily towards the Black side, then within a couple of years, you get young White males, who are very different from the Whites who where there from beginning coming in. And they totally change the sound and style of the genre, mainly in more Industrial or fast and louder way. And shyt splinters, you get ten different Sub-Genres, then you have a big Old Skool revival period, cause the genre has evolved into shyt or everyone just run out of ideas(ala Drum & Bass)

Or everyone wants to go mainstream, and the genre gets completely fukked. Worst thing that happen to Grime was Dizzee's mainstream success, fukked up the head of just about every Grime artist after him. Same for UK Garage around 1999 to 2001, and you saw it with the Funky scene too. Bad Company, Pendulum their success to me crippled D&B.

Last edited:

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They kinda did tho, but things really just got weird around 2011, the whole Borstep, Funky, and Electro/Euro Dance thing, just knocked everything out of wack.

Essentially the whole 140 scene was birthed out of that sound. Long as my guys(Anti Social & extended family) are still doing their thing, i'm all good.

But i'm done with dealing with genres, it's just impossible today for genres that are mainly followed by young people to really grow(explains why the Soulful/Deep House scene as a whole has always been consistent, and has always evolved naturally, their audience has and will always been older than other genres). I was lucky enough to experience Hip-Hop, Drum & Bass, Reggae before they got turned upside down.

What's happen honestly, is that too many fukkers are making and releasing music, most genres before the digital age, really only had a handful of people who were really putting out music on a prolific level. But now so much music is out there, and so many people are coming into genres without any knowledge of the history or culture of the genres.

What I notice in particular with a lot of English Electronic/Dance/ Urban(whatever)genres is that. A genre starts off very multicultural, leaning heavily towards the Black side, then within a couple of years, you get young White males, who are very different from the Whites who where there from beginning coming in. And they totally change the sound and style of the genre, mainly in more Industrial or fast and louder way. And shyt splinters, you get ten different Sub-Genres, then you have a big Old Skool revival period, cause the genre has evolved into shyt or everyone just run out of ideas(ala Drum & Bass)

Or everyone wants to go mainstream, and the genre gets completely fukked. Worst thing that happen to Grime was Dizzee's mainstream success, fukked up the head of just about every Grime artist after him. Same for UK Garage around 1999 to 2001, and you saw it with the Funky scene too. Bad Company, Pendulum their success to me crippled D&B.
Yeah c/s 100%

I think another huge factor that you didn't directly state but touched on is that because of the internet, new sound movements don't ever grow out of a local scene anymore, which is pretty vital. In order for a genre to become its own thing in its own right, it needs an area or city where a lot of people are naturally thinking on the same wavelength (croydon = dubstep, grime = east london, hip hop = new york). If its just brehs on the internet from all over the world doing it in the beginning, it'll just be all over the place and lack the focus of an immediate community that a genre needs in order to grow and florish (hence 'futuregarage and especially hipster grime)

And I somewhat agree with you anout joy o and dem. But, they didn't do it in the way they were supposed to. The uk underground has always been progressive and followed a strict cycle of life as it were. We really should be in the prime years of another genre thats on par with grime, jungle, garage etc etc...that's how its always been, but instead we're in pugatory and got people constantly trying to revive genres like garage that should stay dead. They had their time and place.

Everyone thought SWAMP81 was going to save everhthing, and in the end it became the nails and coffin.

Night slugs has the potential to turn it all around but not the characters who would actually get it done, like say a skream, wiley etc

Last edited:

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You brehs have the worst taste in rap music :lupe:
Tbf tho breh breh, every piece of music youve posted about in oft has been garbage to me, so it goes both ways :yeshrug:

You and penfield are 150% right about below the heavens tho. Such a boring poor mans rappity rap rap album that doesn't have any real substance. I'd rather listen to trap lord than that. Honestly.

Roc marciano is crap as well

Btw, on another note from sh1ting all over eachothers tastes in music. What happens if I push the snitch button on one of my own posts? :lupe:

Last edited:

BOBN

Pro
Daps
Below The Heavens in the real deal to me (if you drop your standards accordingly considering these new brehs):manny:

Its like Ronaldo. We all know deep down he doesnt excite us but we accept he is great when we remember pretty much every league thus player is shyt

Last edited:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
@mastermind you see Gravity? 98% on Rotten Tomatoes :patrice:

I'm probably gonna check it out here in a week or two but wanted to see what you said first.
yes breh, posted about it on Monday. Outstanding movie. See it in Imax 3D. I saw it in movie IMAX 3D, but I think imma goto one of a bigger IMAX 3D screens in the area to catch it again.

The movie keeps you on edge throughout and I really got caught in it. (even dodged that space debris :wow:)

It reminded me of Hubble 3D. Dont know if you ever seen that, but its also kind of a must see. (although its just a doc with Leo narrating.)

5 mics.