Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kelly

Or is it a bird

Yeah Lass, Kelly Cates, really enjoying it. Ian ain't arguing with the callers(ala Savage) and the callers actually like and have respect for him(unlike Savage and Green), and whoever is screening the callers is doing a good job.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
I will never understood this sounding dated thing. For most part you can tell what era every songs were made, it's either good or bad.

shyt most of the music I listen to are old, but if it sounds good, then it sounds good. Honestly to most new music just sounds more glossy, and more technical, but what I've always notice is that most music made after everything went digital, sounds messy ass fukk on systems. The basslines are just loud and drowns out everything, it's so grating.

I think there could be a difference between dated and timeless music (well, obviously). There's old music that still sounds brilliant today, people that were ahead of their time etc.

But I definitely think something can be dated.

Like, when I think of dated, I think of some shyt like this

But I was listening to "Get Down" by Nas today and that song is over 10 years old and still sounds as good as it did when I first heard it back in 02 (best rap song I've heard this year tbh). Perhaps it just boils down to good and bad...I guess sorta what you said.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
@penfield, thats a classic song and even more classic sample. :ufdup:

Get Down still thumps to me too.

Saw Gravity tonight. Amazing movie, 4/5. Had me the entire movie.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
@penfield, thats a classic song and even more classic sample. :ufdup:

Get Down still thumps to me too.

Saw Gravity tonight. Amazing movie, 4/5. Had me the entire movie.

I still have yet to make it through that entire song :laugh:

Original is classic though. Every time I hear that song I always wonder how Prince came up with that shyt :dwillhuh:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I still have yet to make it through that entire song :laugh:

Original is classic though. Every time I hear that song I always wonder how Prince came up with that shyt :dwillhuh:
That era was kind of post-funk and black radio was playing post-funk songs. That song is obvs different from a lot of those post-funk songs but in that era you had bands like the original Cameo, Parliament, Rick James, and Zapp that were popular. Also Controversy was kind of a post-funk album.

Also Prince is a bit of a genius. :manny:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think there could be a difference between dated and timeless music (well, obviously). There's old music that still sounds brilliant today, people that were ahead of their time etc.

I honestly can't stand that "ahead of their time" saying, it's just good music.

Take this song for example, the moment this song comes on, you know it was made in the early 90's, all the trademarks of 90's Garage/House tunes are there. And when you play it with newer stuff, you can tell the difference, but it's fukking good.