Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Messi dodging taxes like he's Apple. Slimy little fukker. Though I think the people who showed up outside the courts to cheer him on as he went to court for defrauding the state should bear a bit more criticism. Ol pity the billionaire ass motherfukkers.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Messi dodging taxes like he's Apple. Slimy little fukker. Though I think the people who showed up outside the courts to cheer him on as he went to court for defrauding the state should bear a bit more criticism. Ol pity the billionaire ass motherfukkers.
see: fiftyleven page thread on kanye in the booth

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Also, finally got round to reading the Mourinho-AVB stories today (as today I was busy as fukk..that phone just would not stop ringing :wow:)

This thought came to me some time ago but I thought of it again today in that perhaps that the AVB-Mourinho relationship has affected Mourinho more than we think. He left when Mou was at Inter, you never know, that shyt could've shaken him, or at least, AVB was a damn good scout. I just don't think it's too much of a stretch to think of AVB as an integral part of Mourinho's cabinet.

That said, I do like both of them a lot. I like AVB mainly because he could be any one of us. Never played professionally, just watching matches and stuffing intricate tactical sticky note explanations on some dude's mailbox and you get a break and now you're managing top flight football. It's actually sorta amazing when you think about it. And he's not as big a faq as Erik Spoelstra.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
I just know the story that's been told on all the newspapers.

Grew up, English grandmother, didn't like how Robson was running Porto and it just so happened that he lived in the same apartment as him, would wait on the stairwell for him to come. He would sketch out tactics and explanations for Robson and put it in his mailbox, Robson helped him learn at Ipswich and Scotland. Mourinho became coach at Porto and he asked AVB to come along, rest is history.

Might have to wait for the autobiography. Speaking of football books, that Sid Lowe Barcelona-RM book sounds to be a banger.

The Bergkamp book that came out this week as well.

Last edited:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
thanks, those stories are interesting to me. no way that'd be able to happen here.

if anyone wants football books, i got a bunch i wanna throw away/give away

i'll send em over to anyone who wants them (tho i understand if no one replies :laugh:)

7wfk3iD.jpg

get my vuvuzela in the back :stopitslime:

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
I'm looking for to being able to check out the Madrid Derby (Atletico on You Hoes) and seeing how Messi and friends play. Haven't got a chance to catch them since the Atletico game. So Cesc and Neymar are basically Messi's back-up dancers? I'm looking at the assist for them, and it seems they're making the Midget Overlord the King again.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I would be more impressed with this feud if Mourinho wasn't so petulant in every pre/post match interview (it doesn't really shock or matter anymore), AVB came off as very childish as well.

Although I gotta give AVB props for hitting Mourinho with the Robson stories, that really seems to piss Jose off. AVB is out there stealing Mourinho's life story as well as taking away any credif from Mourinho by bringing up Robson as influence and Mourinho can't stand it.

But they have to tone down their personal/childish/ego driven cat fight and get back to real mind games.

Mind Games :blessed: