Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I feel like once Juve pull off the first of these big bids of theirs the floodgates will open over the next few years.

With Asamoah and Isla they're already better than they were last year. Those b*stards are back :sadcam:

Pogba done deal too.

Ferguson: "Pogba signed for Juventus a long time ago as far as we're aware. It is disappointing. I don't think he showed us any respect at all to be honest."

He added: "I'm quite happy that if they carry on that way, they're probably better doing it away from us."

:umad:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
:shaq2:

Pen, you need to go ahead a fukk that bytch.

Sex fueled by debauchery is basically like having an orgy, fornicating with all the demons the two of you are exorcising.

And if it does go south, you have a cautionary tale to tell your kids and later bros while at the same time having the memory of the most indulgent moment of your life :manny: Can't lose, really.

:laugh: Couldn't do it though brehs.

We were talking all night, chemistry there and all that but the subject inevitably turned to my friend (who's abroad) and tears started welling up and some anger arose...of course that could have been the time to swoop in but nah, I'm not about that life, plus her friends aren't too bad, so there's always that :ehh:

As for RVP...I guess we should have saw this coming. His statement is a bit funny though, why are they holding more talks after Gazidis is coming back if they know he's not gonna sign? It just seems an odd time to give this statement now. Big loss though obviously, but really we all should have seen it I suppose once the Giroud signing happened.

I'd also like to know what Wenger and RVP disagreed on, and what would've swayed him, 'many aspects' is more than just signing players. I really hope Wenger ends up writing that book on last summer and this one...could give a lot of :ohhh: moments.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
woould love to do that, but you and I both know Arsenal wont replace those guys properly.

of course I will be upset when Theo fukks off, we dont have anyone on our squad better than him and the club wont buy anyone as good or better. You think I would be upset at Theo and Song leaving if we were going to replace them with good players? :rudy:

Thats the point I am making, lol. These guys wont be replaced when they leave. If they were, I wouldnt care but they wont be.

You cant have these dutch types tellin you how to run your club. Its only ever worked for Cruyff and even in the end Barca had enough of him, Ajax was like fukk off when he tried to come back, we needed you after you left Barca back in the mid 90's.

Wengers been too soft on all these younger Arsenal players, they happy to do whatever they want and never progress, its alright coz Uncle Wengz is gunna keep us, then when we find a club we can fukk off.

Arsenal fans too weak aswell coz they lap it up and have submissive support and dont want to rock the boat.

ridge

Daps
that fakkit is looking for an easy trophy

i wish he held the same view as Batigol in regards to him staying at Fiorentina

"To tell you the truth, moving to Real Madrid or Manchester didn't interest me that much, because although there were titles, they were easy to win. They didn't have to fight hard to win them, or even extend themselves slightly. That stopped me from moving. I said, 'no, I'm staying with Fiorentina, and I'll try and win something here, because one title with Fiorentina is worth 10 with Milan or Juventus"

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea

"To tell you the truth, moving to Real Madrid or Manchester didn't interest me that much, because although there were titles, they were easy to win. They didn't have to fight hard to win them, or even extend themselves slightly. That stopped me from moving. I said, 'no, I'm staying with Fiorentina, and I'll try and win something here, because one title with Fiorentina is worth 10 with Milan or Juventus"
.....he said before he went to Roma and later Inter:upsetfavre:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Thats why hes a proper player and what he couldnt do with Fiorentina, he ended up helpin Roma to their 1st title in 17/18 years

ridge

Daps
.....he said before he went to Roma and later Inter:upsetfavre:

i know :mjpls:

but really, arsenal was making moves and picking up players..and the second RVP had a good season and was talked about as a transfer target he decides to shyt on the club he 'loves'

ridge

Daps
If there are any positives to be taken out of the Dutchman's revelation, it is that the Gunners have already secured the signatures of Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud. Wenger will have been hoping, of course, to field his new attacking stars alongside Van Persie, but now the duo face the pressure of having to immediately fill the void.

The two signings make the statement released by Van Persie, in which he announced his decision, all the more puzzling; Wenger and Ivan Gazidis, he claims, do not share the same ambitions regarding the direction in which the club is headed, despite the new arrivals. Yann M'Vila, in addition, has been linked to the club all summer. Short of a Manchester City-style spending spree, which was never a realistic expectation, it is difficult to see what else the Gunners could have done to persuade their captain to stay.

Arsenal, with Van Persie, looked a stronger proposition than they had done in a long time. Wojciech Szczesny finally seemed to have provided a solution in goal, while Laurent Koscielny and Thomas Vermaelen have formed an impressive partnership in front of him. The return of Jack Wilshere was to be looked forward to, although that now is also in doubt.

Most would not have begrudged Van Persie's wish to leave Arsenal in pursuit of trophies – at age 29, his time is running out and he carried the Gunners on his back last season. But to decide in early July, as clubs return for pre-season training, that Wenger is not moving the club forward quickly enough despite his concerted effort to strengthen the squad, does no favours to himself or to the club he professes to love.

Now, once again, Arsenal's summer has been thrown into disarray. Failure to reinvest the money made from Van Persie's probable sale – and the wise decision for Arsenal would be to cash in on the 29-year-old while they can – will only result in a backlash similar to the one suffered after the departure of Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri last summer.

Wenger needs to spend to appease not only supporters but the rest of his squad, but when he has departed from his prudent approach to the transfer market, the results have not always been successful. Per Mertesacker, Andre Santos, Park Chu-Young and Mikel Arteta were last-minute additions ahead of the 2011-12 campaign; only one worked out.

Fabregas, Nasri, Van Persie – who next? For the second consecutive summer, just as Arsenal seemed to be getting back on the right track, their fortunes have suffered another devastating blow.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...van-persie-before-another?source=breakingnews

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
And yet Roma havent won a title since he left. And he was only at Inter for half a season

What's the point though breh?

He made some quote about being Viola4lyfe but then cashed out at the tail end of his career to Roma who like almost everyone else in Serie A was free spending. Didn't they drop like 50-60m alone on players that season? He might as well have went to Real with that sort of Galacticoing.