Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
I initially thought the same, and still do to some extent tbh, but I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was unhinged.

Surprised so many have romanticised his actions and death, searched his name up on twitter and all the morons are at it.

Yeah, I guess that's a way of explaining things, it somewhat explains why he would go out in the woods without a compass or a map. Either he really wasn't afraid of dying, come what will, or he was incredibly naive. I mean the bit with him trying to cross the river (I'm still going off wiki) when there was a tram a quarter mile away from where he crossed is just stupid :dahell:

Plus I think white people love him here in the states because white people love camping and 'getting away' from the cities, technology etc. going back to those gritty roots, living off the land blah blah blah. Never understood camping myself, always thought it was pretending to be homeless for a few days.

You talking about the articles or about the docs ?

I saw the first few episodes of the HBO show. I read their website pretty regularly for a few months then saw that Rob Delaney was writing for them and haven't bothered since and I've watched a good bit of their videos online. I'll admit I did actually find the North Korea one to be ok. Still didn't really learn all that much from it but some parts were fascinating.

Perhaps if they collaborated with some scholars on presenting and writing instead of relying on the Vice founder wandering around some swamp in Africa in tattered jeans and a band t-shirt and other flunkie journalists who approach everything with a childlike sense of wonderment and awe, they could hit that sweet spot of in-depth reporting that also has that Vice sort of style and edge (ugh).

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
:ohhh: thats exactly how i pictured him too

not that i fap to his projected image or anything :whoa:
wink.gif

I briefly had my picture on twitter a while back tbh tbf

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
:wow: to all my OFT brehs who are going thru it,keep ur heads up and bump this, always seems to put me in the right mood

Bump that instead if you want your mood to be lifted :

:stylin:

Yeah they bit the soukous guitar style and their album was disappointing but that song :ahh:

If you want more :
SOUKOUS !

Ndombolo dance is so much better than that deculturized twerking bullshyt :scusthov:

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Soul of a hippie 8 bouta be flooded with songs like this, producer homie sent me a care package of laidback/soulful tracks :banderas:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
[...]
I saw the first few episodes of the HBO show. I read their website pretty regularly for a few months then saw that Rob Delaney was writing for them and haven't bothered since and I've watched a good bit of their videos online. I'll admit I did actually find the North Korea one to be ok. Still didn't really learn all that much from it but some parts were fascinating.

Perhaps if they collaborated with some scholars on presenting and writing instead of relying on the Vice founder wandering around some swamp in Africa in tattered jeans and a band t-shirt and other flunkie journalists who approach everything with a childlike sense of wonderment and awe, they could hit that sweet spot of in-depth reporting that also has that Vice sort of style and edge (ugh).
I feel you.
They are more into that Gonzo journalism than actual objective reporting. Honestly, that's what I liked when I first noticed them because it was an interesting point of view and they weren't scared to go to difficult places and talk about difficult subject matters. But now they've gone the easy route with their formula : harsh subject (drugs, prostitution, violence, crime) + 1st person reporting + exotic place = Vice documentary. I don't really follow them but yeah lately the quality has really gone down and the naiveté which was refreshening before is kinda boring now. It's like when they had a documentary about "the world's scariest drug" and they were so into it that they didn't even made some research to put things in perspective and realized they were just talking about Datura which is a known deliriant plant. I was :beli: at the whole doc.