Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Don't know but I know he caused havoc in PSG defense when they met two weeks ago.
And Sissoko does what Matuidi or Pogba or Capoue can do already. We need more vista, more technical ability in our midfield.

To me they add all something different, Sissoko is like Ghetto Prince a more attacker b2b, Pogba is a playmaker, Matuidi is your classical b2b player & Capoue is a dm

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
To me they add all something different, Sissoko is like Ghetto Prince a more attacker b2b, Pogba is a playmaker, Matuidi is your classical b2b player & Capoue is a dm
You're likely right but do you think he brings enough to be in the team ?
I think the 4 are just variations of the same position and a Cabella or a Cabaye fits in a different one and therefore brings another weapon to the team while a Sissoko will just mod an existing one. But that's Deschamps, since Marseille, he relies on a strong midfield and a double pivot so I won't say that what he does isn't logical regarding his past.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
You're likely right but do you think he brings enough to be in the team ?
I think the 4 are just variations of the same position and a Cabella or a Cabaye fits in a different one and therefore brings another weapon to the team while a Sissoko will just mod an existing one. But that's Deschamps, since Marseille, he relies on a strong midfield and a double pivot so I won't say that what he does isn't logical regarding his past.

Sissoko is good as an impact sub when you chasing games, not good enough to be in the startin XI tho compared to everyone else in the squad. The issue that Deschamps has at the moment is that all the talented players that France can choose from, they all in the inexperience age range/international level amd hes still tryin to qualify for a world cup. Belgium got away with forming their team with a bunch of young players because a) In football terms theyre not on France level, b) theyve struggled for a long time, so they had to change it up and they were blessed with a crop all in the same age range all within 5-6 years of each other and still have another 4-6 years to play with each other.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
9YTIXYd.png

Actually wouldn't mind a difficult group again this season as we're far better equipped to deal with it than we were last year.

Think Arsenal's luck has to run out at some stage so can see them in this season's group of death. :yes:

watch City get screwed over once again. Platini can go suck his mudda

Montez

Superstar
Daps
:ohhh: wenger has bid 25m for Di maria....walcott in the middle??

:why: :what:

Thats nonsense breh. Because goin by that logic up till 1996.

Forest > Barca, United

Forest = Inter & Juve

While Arsenal have never been true Giants of European Football, but since the 70's they have made atleast one European Final in the decade. And before Wenger took over Arsenal were Londons biggest and most successful club and the 3rd biggest.behind United & Liverpool

That's all I was saying.

Ultimately, I have little time for the We Want Our Arsenal Back crowd when a good number of them would hate the pre Wenger years.

The Arsenal of today are a much more stable and stronger club going forward than the club was in the 80s and 90s. All this crying and crisis talk does my nut in, Wenger leaves tomorrow and we are one of the best positioned clubs going forward. It's bad but it's not that bad. We just have a manager that can't make a decision and stick to it.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
looks like the best CL ever this year

the only truly weak team I can see is Austria Wien, and maybe Kobenhavn

not even Plzen.