Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Also, calling himself KONY.....and? Like...who the fukk is going to be upset at that? Red Cafe? Saigon? Maino? Fabulous? He called himself the king of a city that has been irrelevant for a million years.
lets be honest about this. there is something symbolic about saying you are KONY. Its rap lure, and has been since forever.

The fact that NYC is irrelevant and he felt bold enough to say he is KONY, despite being from LA should spark a fire up there asses. Thats the point. "NY rap scene is dead, fukk you all I own it now from Cali."

That was the statement. No one gives a fukk about King of Atlanta or King of Miami or King of Memphis or King of Houston, except the rappers from there. Everyone has given a fukk about KONY.

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
Bendtner has more goals than Higuain in 23 less appearances fam. 7 goals in 8 years in the CL, I can divide. If Arsenal only needed a striker I could understand but we need someone who has vision, can drop deep, and influence play. Higuain doesn't do that. Suarez was perfect, Rooney fits that mold too but he's a fat drunk with a c*nt agent.

The youtube scouts are saying good things about Luis Muriel :manny: Udinese usually sell cheap.

Gervinho Podolski tbf he's hard to watch anywhere.
Hands off of Muriel. :birdman:

We're linked with him assuming we sell Gooney. :scheme:

It literally makes no sense to still have Gooney on the squad. If you look at the situation from any angle, it would be best to sell him. I have no clue why he's still on the team.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Everyone has given a fukk about KONY.
No, I'm sorry :ld:

We never gave a shyt about who the KONY was down here. Maybe it's different if where you're from (if not from NY) was held down by east coast music, but aside from BIG hits we were doing our own shyt.

Now, in hindsight I can respect the weight such a mythical title holds, but saying some shyt about it now is like a wrestler coming out like "GODDAMMIT I AM THE NWA CHAMPION!"

Sure it meant everything 20 years ago, and it meant more THEN than the WWE title means now, but it means absofukkinglutely nothing now, and calling out the WWE title would actually earn you the ire of capable people prepared to do something about it.

It's all a harmless nostalgia kick. It means nothing. Nothing. And that's why nothing will happen as a result of it. shyt is just....whatever.

One route earns you a Papoose verse in retaliation.
One earns you a T.I. verse in retaliation.

Guess which avenue he took?
No one has had the gall to say shyt about Atlanta, THAT would have been something. In a verse where he calls out new rappers, he conveniently ignored the new mecca. Which face it. It is.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
No, I'm sorry :ld:

We never gave a shyt about who the KONY was down here. Maybe it's different if where you're from (if not from NY) was held down by east coast music, but aside from BIG hits we were doing our own shyt.

Now, in hindsight I can respect the weight such a mythical title holds, but saying some shyt about it now is like a wrestler coming out like "GODDAMMIT I AM THE NWA CHAMPION!"

Sure it meant everything 20 years ago, and it meant more THEN than the WWE title means now, but it means absofukkinglutely nothing now, and calling out the WWE title would actually earn you the ire of capable people prepared to do something about it.

It's all a harmless nostalgia kick. It means nothing. Nothing. And that's why nothing will happen as a result of it. shyt is just....whatever.

One route earns you a Papoose verse in retaliation.
One earns you a T.I. verse in retaliation.

Guess which avenue he took?
No one has had the gall to say shyt about Atlanta, THAT would have been something. In a verse where he calls out new rappers, he conveniently ignored the new mecca. Which face it. It is.
being King of NY means something to a lot of people. Obviously to us on the east coast, but it also meant something to a kid from LA too.

Im being real, those other cities are really not that important when it comes to "x rapper runs this city."

Its always New York.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
[...]
And I really don't see how this is some sort of kickstarter for a new era. I refuse to believe such an average ass verse can have so much impact. As a matter of fact, I plainly don't want it to. You know what happened when everyone was trying to be super lyrical? The early 2000's mixtape era happened, and all of that shyt is unbearable. I'd hope people were trying to emulate Kendrick putting out a great album instead.[...]

And I also don't want lyricism back for the sake of it, but just main rappers to stop with those ABC rhymes, rap is ALSO about writing and that part is forgotten too often. I agree that rappers should focused about making good rap albums but in order to do that they need to get back to writing ! Kendrick did not have a great album with radio hits or club bangers. Nowadays, most albums are just a collection of singles without any coherence and it's due to the importance of singles aka songs to dance on.
Rappers these days don't have substance and some depth in their lyrics and without writing skills and competition to bring the best out of them, they won't never have some.

Let's take Wu Tang for an example. "Enter the 36 chambers" is a highly lyrical album and do people complain about it ? Nope, and that's the type of lyrical rap I want... above all from NY rappers. I was not talking about Papoose-type of lyricism.
And I'm happy that Joell Ortiz and Lupe responded. Why? Kendrick called out a bunch of dudes who quite fukking obviously wouldn't blast black. When it comes to "new nikkas" Lupe is the best rapper of them all and Kendrick didn't have the nerve to mention him.
Lupe Fiasco is NOT a "new nikka". Food & Liquor was out in 2006 ! Dude is 31 and been in the game for a long time now... And Ortizz is 33 yo nobody... :beli:
Krit, Lamar, Sean, Drake, Tyler, Meek and them are all in their 20s (that's why I was :rudy:ing at Jay Elec and Pusha being called out while they were obviously not "new nikkas"...)

Also, calling himself KONY.....and? Like...who the fukk is going to be upset at that? Red Cafe? Saigon? Maino? Fabulous? He called himself the king of a city that has been irrelevant for a million years.

Go ahead and call yourself the King of Atlanta if you're feeling unfukkwitable. Every Atlanta rapper in and out of jail would've been dropping 16's and loading 9's before his verse finished.
NY is the birthplace of hip-hop, that still means something.
Yeah it's irrelevant as a city and a regional sound for years now but everybody and their momma from NY has called themselves KONY, so the "title" may still have some type of meaning. Even Busta Rhymes claims it :pachaha:
But you right, it may mean nothing to the NY new gen, it was just taunting from a coast representant to the opposite coasts, that's what strikes me in the reference.

And again, at the end of the day, Jay Elec actually had a better verse.
Jay may have had the best verse, but Kendrick's one stood out. It's not about who's the best but who had more impact. Yes, the Bulls dominated the Sixers in march 97 but what everybody recalled is AI crossing Jordan.[/quote]

Last edited:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
lets be honest about this. there is something symbolic about saying you are KONY. Its rap lure, and has been since forever.

The fact that NYC is irrelevant and he felt bold enough to say he is KONY, despite being from LA should spark a fire up there asses. Thats the point. "NY rap scene is dead, fukk you all I own it now from Cali."

That was the statement. No one gives a fukk about King of Atlanta or King of Miami or King of Memphis or King of Houston, except the rappers from there. Everyone has given a fukk about KONY.
That's what I meant, you said it better than me.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Jay may have had the best verse, but Kendrick's one stood out. It's not about who's the best but who had more impact. Yes, the Bulls dominated the Sixers in march 97 but what everybody recalled is AI crossing Jordan.
indeed

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Im passing on Muriel. Even at his age, the only forward from Udinese i'd be happy with is Di Natale da gawd.

EDIT: I m not serious btw. Id take both ina heartbeat :noah:

Last edited:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Deal with it :yeshrug:
being King of NY means something to a lot of people. Obviously to us on the east coast, but it also meant something to a kid from LA too.

Im being real, those other cities are really not that important when it comes to "x rapper runs this city."

Its always New York.
It isn't though bro. No one has run New York since 50, and no one will. They are not the taste makers. All the top NY artists make southern music. There's just no impact to this. It's like conquering an island with no inhabitants. He's talking about killing people...but killing no one.
Isn't that...the problem here?

I'm sure the two of you are of the opinion that rap isn't good.

What do you want of it? Loud shouty battle verses constructed entirely to fit this knee-jerk reactionary world that can be adequately stanned in 140 characters, easily digestible....or actual quality?

Like, that comparison is kind of perfect, and it's damning. As I MUCH preferred the Jordan era of great basketball compared to the legion of idiots in armsleeves and cornrolls showing off their handlez because highlights became more important than W's.