Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Sam Peel

Banned
Daps
Reppin
South London
15_rg2c8.jpg

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
I love reading the reaction threads when a new album pops up or something like Kendrick's verse come out. If it's something that is by a consensus determined to be 'good' and someone comes out and says that it is mediocre/overrated blah blah blah, then you will usually always see a post berating the dissenter, bullying or criticizing him usually something along the lines of, 'ol, wanna be different ass nikka; attention whore ass nikka'

But then I realized that these are probably the same people who like to criticize when people conform. It's mostly displayed when people knock on millennials, saying that they all suffer from groupthink, or everyone is a follower. Well which is it then? Perhaps this is just on the coli, or it's just that old thing about people only accepting opinions that affirm their own :yeshrug:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Is really average :ld:

Jay Elec kinda comprehensively outdid him. He just wasn't shouting with an ANGRY VOICE calling out a bunch of rappers for a friendly competition. Kendrick as some sort of ferocious lyricist might become the biggest lie in rap. He has a nice flow, but he's a million times better doing shyt about his story than he is at freestyle type verses where he just...says stuff.

Really brehs, that was super mediocre.[...]
I think people are hyped about this mostly because the verse was kinda unusual. Yes it's not technically great, the angry voice is too forced IMO and the fly/parachute metaphor at the end is so-so but still, it's unusual.
- Unusual because it wasn't subliminal at all, calling out names in this bubble gum era of hip hop got everybody friends with everybodys should at least earn him some points. He's a major rapper (I think he sold a mill of his last album, not sure though) calling out other major rappers.
- Unusual because, a west coast artist claim the KONY title... and doing it the NY way. The West as always been the epitome of either gang banging verses (gangsta rap) or laid back verses (g-funk) while NY was always about that lyricist/word play stuff above all. This day, rappers who supposed to be NY main artists like French Montana (and it's been this way since the DJ Khaled wave (Fat Joe is a prime example)) produced bullshyt like "Ain't worry banana" or "Pop that" with that mumbling/hashed flow, that repetitive lyrics, that half time feeled/hi hats all over the places type of beat, easy/hash tag status chorus. I'm a huge south head (been a Pastor Troy and 3-6 head for a long time so this is no hate to the south at all) but this sound should stay where it is. I'm all for diversity but the uniformization of rap is horrendous : they all want that banger to sell their album and they all use the same formula. That Chicago drill music, the current east coast sound, all have the southern vibe. I'm not even talking about ASAP because they been saying they were influenced by the H.
- Unusual because it's about competition, not about being the best and shytting on the average joe the way rappers usually do ("i take your bytch with ease", "I earn more in a minute that you in a decade", "my entry carpet is bigger than your appartement" and stuff), but trying to bring the best to the competition by friendly taunting them. It's the early 80's hip hop spirit, battle stuff.

I don't listen to rap like that anymore so I may be wrong, but I don't think this verse should be dismissed like that because it's more of a symbol in the Swag/Drill/Club rap era. That may be a spark for major rappers to sharpen their pen game and go back to the essence of rap which was writing and creativity and that's why people are hyped.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I think people are hyped about this mostly because the verse was kinda unusual. Yes it's not technically great, the angry voice is too forced IMO and the fly/parachute metaphor at the end is so-so but still, it's unusual.
- Unusual because it wasn't subliminal at all, calling out names in this bubble gum era of hip hop got everybody friends with everybodys should at least earn him some points. He's a major rapper (I think he sold a mill of his last album, not sure though) calling out other major rappers.
- Unusual because, a west coast artist claim the KONY title... and doing it the NY way. The West as always been the epitome of either gang banging verses (gangsta rap) or laid back verses (g-funk) while NY was always about that lyricist/word play stuff above all. This day, rappers who supposed to be NY main artists like French Montana (and it's been this way since the DJ Khaled wave (Fat Joe is a prime example)) produced bullshyt like "Ain't worry banana" or "Pop that" with that mumbling/hashed flow, that repetitive lyrics, that half time feeled/hi hats all over the places type of beat, easy/hash tag status chorus. I'm a huge south head (been a Pastor Troy and 3-6 head for a long time so this is no hate to the south at all) but this sound should stay where it is. I'm all for diversity but the uniformization of rap is horrendous : they all want that banger to sell their album and they all use the same formula. That Chicago drill music, the current east coast sound, all have the southern vibe. I'm not even talking about ASAP because they been saying they were influenced by the H.
- Unusual because it's about competition, not about being the best and shytting on the average joe the way rappers usually do ("i take your bytch with ease", "I earn more in a minute that you in a decade", "my entry carpet is bigger than your appartement" and stuff), but trying to bring the best to the competition by friendly taunting them. It's the early 80's hip hop spirit, battle stuff.

I don't listen to rap like that anymore so I may be wrong, but I don't think this verse should be dismissed like that because it's more of a symbol in the Swag/Drill/Club rap era. That may be a spark for major rappers to sharpen their pen game and go back to the essence of rap which was writing and creativity and that's why people are hyped.
unfortunately most of the good things that would come from this have already been undercut by people ALREADY calling this a "classic moment in hip hop". it literally took a few hours for something to be deemed classic :snoop: and now we have every rapper under the sun trying to blow off this, all on the same beat. this is supposed to be the gateway to a new age, and all i hear is rappers making similar songs over the same beat :why: we're back in the early 2000s mixtape era :why:

how pathetic do you have to be as a man to respond to a song within a few hours, especially one that didn't even mention you :russ:

it really says something to me that rappers are all of a sudden like :lupe: i gotta get on my a-game, kendrick called me out :lupe: what the fukk were you doing before, throwing songs out there and hoping they'd stick? someone has to say your name on wax for you to be creative? and what's creative about remaking the song he called you out on in the first place? :why:

the whole thing is just HYPE HYPE HYPE

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
So i finally caught up on this Control hype thang.

So these rapper brehs are all :lupe: because one of their peers said I'm tryin to kill brehs when I'm tracks with them, isnt that the way its suppose to be anyway :ld: No wonder Ive jsut stuck to battle rap over the past couple of years

Last edited:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
A couple of things about Kendricks verse.

Starts off using that Outkast style of voice over
Sounded like Game/Vinnie Paz
Talks about being the KONY but his verse is filled with British references