Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's like, exactly my point from jump. It isn't a quality battle verse. It's very fukking average. He didn't actually take any inventive shots, wasn't creative in any way. He literally just said names and said that he wants to outrap them on songs.

That's it.

If Takeover was just "Nas, I'M BETTER THAN YOU!" Complete asscheeks. But instead it was "You the faq model for Karl Kani Esco ads, went from Nasty Nas to Esco's trash", like a litany of dope shyt. It was just more of the "warning shots~!" that this era wets itself over. The promise that maybe this song actually causes the next one to be good, not that this one actually is. He did nothing memorable, nor remarkable.
Just seen the list of people responding to the verse.

Wot the fack is a Tsu Surf? :dwillhuh:

Iman Shumpert raps? :skip:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Just seen the list of people responding to the verse.

Wot the fack is a Tsu Surf? :dwillhuh:

Iman Shumpert raps? :skip:
:snoop: Nothing good will come from this. There will be a million bars spot, and in the end, not a single decent song will have been recorded.

ARE YOU ENTERTAINED?!?!?!?

Tsu Surf is a modern battle rapper, who btw specializes in saying a lot of nothing in a very aggressive manner. So yeah, RIGHT up his alley, this.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
That's like, exactly my point from jump. It isn't a quality battle verse. It's very fukking average. He didn't actually take any inventive shots, wasn't creative in any way. He literally just said names and said that he wants to outrap them on songs.

That's it.
I stand corrected then, I thought you meant they were no objective quality in that track.
But most diss tracks (I'm not talking about battle rappers), aren't really creative IMO. The most known (Hit 'em up, The Bridge is Over, Ether, No Vaseline) are more homophobic insults than anything...
Takeover is one of the few that's kinda clever (with "I used to love HER", "Let's Go", "War with God"...) but I get your point.

[...]He did nothing memorable, nor remarkable.
Memorable no, but remarkable I say yes.
In this era ? That pop shyt then apologizing era ? The twitter beef / my account got hacked era ? A main rapper calling out other main rappers by names with no subs at all ?
That's pretty remarkable and that's why I think people are hyped.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
I stand corrected then, I thought you meant they were no objective quality in that track.
But most diss tracks (I'm not talking about battle rappers), aren't really creative IMO. The most known (Hit 'em up, The Bridge is Over, Ether, No Vaseline) are more homophobic insults than anything...
Takeover is one of the few that's kinda clever (with "I used to love HER", "Let's Go", "War with God"...) but I get your point.

In this era ? That pop shyt then apologizing era ? The twitter beef / my account got hacked era ? A main rapper calling out other main rappers by names with no subs at all ?
But bro, he apologized BEFORE he popped shyt, which is makes it even more unremarkable. He called them all his boys, said he does songs with them (and insinuated he still will), but then just said he's going to outrap them.

Like, fukk every part of that.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:snoop: Nothing good will come from this.

ARE YOU ENTERTAINED?!?!?!?
Waiting for that Ryan Babel struggle verse :blessed:

Tbh he prefaced everything with a "ya'll my homies :whoa: got mad love for ya'll doe :whoa: it's just competition init :whoa: ".

Took the sting right out of it. :ld:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
Surf is a overrated battle rapper with like 6 figure twitter followers. He's good but he has waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy too many stans that hype him up. Plus he cool with Budden.
Why didn't you tell me Daylyt was on Summer Madness?

This is the best news I've heard since the advent of the Subway $5 footlong.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Surf is a overrated battle rapper with like 6 figure twitter followers. He's good but he has waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy too many stans that hype him up. Plus he cool with Budden.

No new battle rappers :mjpls:

When it comes to battle rap I'm stuck in the mid-noughties Smack DVD era. :blessed:

Shea Davis >>>>>>>>>>>

So many lols were had to that video :pachaha:

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
:whoo: jus caught up on rhe URL battles, clips muuuurked verb , i had chills watching verb struggle to get the crowd on his side

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
No new battle rappers :mjpls:

When it comes to battle rap I'm stuck in the mid-noughties Smack DVD era. :blessed:

Shea Davis >>>>>>>>>>>

So many lols were had to that video :pachaha:

I think Shea is like Smacks cousin. I didnt know he was a rapper, the 1st I saw of him was from the Rikers documentary

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
But bro, he apologized BEFORE he popped shyt, which is makes it even more unremarkable. He called them all his boys, said he does songs with them (and insinuated he still will), but then just said he's going to outrap them.

Like, fukk every part of that.
Waiting for that Ryan Babel struggle verse :blessed:

Tbh he prefaced everything with a "ya'll my homies :whoa: got mad love for ya'll doe :whoa: it's just competition init :whoa: ".

Took the sting right out of it. :ld:

We didnt hear the same stuff then :
I'm usually homeboys with the same nikkas I'm rhymin' wit
But
this is hip hop and them nikkas should know what time it is
And that goes for Jermaine Cole, Big KRIT, Wale
Pusha T, Meek Millz, A$AP Rocky, Drake
Big Sean, Jay Electron', Tyler, Mac Miller
I got love for you all but I'm tryna murder you nikkas
Tryna make sure your core fans never heard of you nikkas
They dont wanna hear not one more noun or verb from you nikkas
What is competition? I'm tryna raise the bar high
Who tryna jump and get it?
Maybe that's I'm not understanding well, but I don't see no apologizing... :wtf:
You never heard of something like "nothing matters before a "but"" ?
EDIT : Yes, he's friend with them but that doesn't change the fact that he's calling them out and baiting them.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
That battle, was the worst.

The best URL battles tend to be between mid-tier dudes.

:whoa: i fukked up and watched verb v arsonal first then verb v holla again theeen clips v verb i was tryna see a win trifecta. be real tho clips had some potent lines /the earth line/ghostface line etc.