Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
:whoo: brehs gonna have to start watching hull now, my hudd stanning is gonna reach yoyo/dempsey levels this season :whoo:

He's so good, I maintain him + Siggy + Dempsey on the field and y'all wouldnt even have needed Bale, would've been playing like Arsenal except getting results

Silky smooth football, if only he'd gone to Fulham instead

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
what time does the Portugal/Holland match start and does anyone have a link?
Iraq vs. Chile 12:45 p.m. ESPN Deportes
Colombia vs. Serbia 2 p.m. beIN Sport Spanish (tape at 4:45 on beIN Sport)
Bosnia-Herzegovina vs. United States 2:30 p.m. ESPN2, UniMas, WatchESPN
Germany vs. Paraguay 2:30 p.m. Galavision, www.ESPN3.com
Austria vs. Greece 2:30 p.m. GolTV
Italy vs. Argentina 2:30 p.m. Univision Deportes
Switzerland vs. Brazil 2:40 p.m. beIN Sport (tape at 9 on beIN Sport Spanish)
England vs. Scotland 3 p.m. Fox Soccer, Fox Deportes,(tape at 8 on Fox Soccer, tape at 9 on Fox Deportes)
Belgium vs. France 3 p.m. www.ESPN3.com (tape at 5:30 on ESPN Deportes)
Portugal vs. Netherlands 3:30 p.m. ESPN Deportes, www.ESPN3.com
Northern Ireland vs. Russia 3:40 p.m. www.ESPN3.com (World Cup qualifier)
Ecuador vs. Spain 4 p.m. beIN Sport Spanish (tape at 9 on beIN Sport)
Sweden vs. Norway 4:30 p.m. GolTV
Mexico vs. Ivory Coast 9 p.m. ESPN2, UniMas (tape at 11 on ESPN3.com)

Who ever thought a friendly would be important? Apparently Egypt approached their friendly like a WCQ, cause with a win they'd be seeded in the 1st pot. They're winning 2-0 against Uganda. Bob :win:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Deal with it :yeshrug:

It isn't though bro. No one has run New York since 50, and no one will. They are not the taste makers. All the top NY artists make southern music. There's just no impact to this. It's like conquering an island with no inhabitants. He's talking about killing people...but killing no one.
It's the symbol breh.
The US planted a US flag on the moon which meant "the US did it", it's an empty gesture, but it's symbolic.

Isn't that...the problem here?

I'm sure the two of you are of the opinion that rap isn't good.

What do you want of it? Loud shouty battle verses constructed entirely to fit this knee-jerk reactionary world that can be adequately stanned in 140 characters, easily digestible....or actual quality?

Like, that comparison is kind of perfect, and it's damning. As I MUCH preferred the Jordan era of great basketball compared to the legion of idiots in armsleeves and cornrolls showing off their handlez because highlights became more important than W's.
It's not the same, really.
Kendrick's goal with that verse was not to be the best lyrically speaking, it's was about having an impact.
The flow and the content served the purpose perfectly and were what made his verse stood out because that's what he meant. You're talking about "quality". Do you really think that this verse doesn't have quality regarding its battle-oriented purpose ? I'm not saying they are the same but, Was there was no quality on "Ether", "No Vaseline", "Can-I-bus" or "Real muthafukking G's" ? They were not "lyrical" in the sense of "actual skills" ( wordplay/schemes/metaphors etc.) because they didn't mean to be, but can you really say they weren't quality ?

Jay Elec's intent WAS to be lyrical and that's why it was the best technically speaking in that track.
The comparison would have fit if Kendrick took the Big Sean route with the spitting just to show off with no substance but he didn't.

EDIT :
I also hate the epiphenomenon era where people would rather talk about the play that will made it to nba.com's top 10 or the Poster dunk rather than the actual result but breh, image and highlights were also a factor in the NBA back then. The Worm was more image-obsessed than any Iverson type and Blake Griffin ain't got shyt on Shawn Kemp with the posters and the attitude.
I mean it's like in football, Youtube consecrated the Joga Bonito and skill obsessed players but they were already existing, they were in the dark. :manny:

Last edited:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I think we're gonna get raped by Belgium tonight. We're so bad lately :sadcam:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
It's the symbol breh.
The US planted a US flag on the moon which meant "the US did it", it's an empty gesture, but it's symbolic.

It's not the same, really.
Kendrick's goal with that verse was not to be the best lyrically speaking, it's was about having an impact.
The flow and the content served the purpose perfectly and were what made his verse stood out because that's what he meant. You're talking about "quality". Do you really think that this verse doesn't have quality regarding its battle-oriented purpose ? I'm not saying they are the same but, Was there was no quality on "Ether", "No Vaseline", "Can-I-bus" or "Real muthafukking G's" ? They were not "lyrical" in the sense of "actual skills" ( wordplay/schemes/metaphors etc.) because they didn't mean to be, but can you really say they weren't quality
That's like, exactly my point from jump. It isn't a quality battle verse. It's very fukking average. He didn't actually take any inventive shots, wasn't creative in any way. He literally just said names and said that he wants to outrap them on songs.

That's it.

If Takeover was just "Nas, I'M BETTER THAN YOU!" Complete asscheeks. But instead it was "You the faq model for Karl Kani Esco ads, went from Nasty Nas to Esco's trash", like a litany of dope shyt. It was just more of the "warning shots~!" that this era wets itself over. The promise that maybe this song actually causes the next one to be good, not that this one actually is. He did nothing memorable, nor remarkable.