Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Just youtubed that Redmond goal y'all were posting about....England produces light skinned brehs with elite straight line speed like no tomorrow. :wow:

They should start pushing young mixed boys into track.

[Jimmy] you see it ciiz those pure africans is fukking them white womens....and that extra gluteal muscle...hiphop mus[\thegreek]

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
From what I've seen from him watchin off the box, he does look more of a #10 then your good old British b2b midfielder. What I like about him is that he always wants the ball and is always tryin to move it forward. I think that if he does well enough and has a great 2nd half of the season, where he takes over games, he could be a sleeper pick. But out of the u21 players I think Sterling has the best chance to make it next/go to Rio, providing England dont cock it up.

I think Martinez will end up usin him more than Deulofeu this season, who Barkley is a few months older then

Yeah definitely not a box-to-box midfielder. Get him in the opposition half and he can cause trouble, he looked to have great movement too and good feet to match.

Not totally sold on Sterling yet. I liked him at the start but I feel he could just become 'another English winger' with little end quality but a few tricks and pace. Hopefully he works on his end game, looks like he has a few troubles off the pitch too that he might need to address.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Just heard that Kendrick verse.

shyt sounded like a bootleg Game verse, who was trying to copy sober Recovery Eminem.

Much prefer the "bytch Don't Kill My Vibe (Remix)" verse.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Damien Comoli when asked about the fees for Carroll, Downing and em.... : "no no no....I cant talk about that..." :heh:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Damien Comoli when asked about the fees for Carroll, Downing and em.... : "no no no....I cant talk about that..." :heh:

That was all Kenny imo.

He and Gazidis need to go if we don't have a top striker come September 3rd. They created this mess, fukk em if they don't deliver. Higuain wasn't that dude and neither is Michu or Khloe.

Wenger for not paying the 50 mil, Gazidis for talking a big game and not having anything in the bag. Dude tried to put everything on Arsene and excuse himself.

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
that Kendrick verse :blessed:

I like his verse, want to more rappers just put it out there. Even tho I prefer mine disses on wax.

and tbh i ignored the fukk outta the jay elec verse, he's like your dopefiend cousin that is incredibly smart and could conquer the world, but after the 5th time he comes back from being MIA for 6 months you just wave off all the promises he wants to sell you

Man, I can't rolled with Jay Elect anymore. Agreed with @penfield that Exhibit C is best song in the last 5 years, however his laziness and nitpicking made me to don't care about him.

Last edited:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
He and Gazidis need to go if we don't have a top striker come September 3rd. They created this mess, fukk em if they don't deliver. Higuain wasn't that dude and neither is Michu or Khloe.

Wenger for not paying the 50 mil, Gazidis for talking a big game and not having anything in the bag. Dude tried to put everything on Arsene and excuse himself.
straight up:camby:

im disgusted by them

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Looks like William Wallace will leave Spurs for QPR....:to: sad day in english football
:troll:

---

Cant really fault wenger. Why waste money on players that aren't better than what you have :manny: Suarez and his agent are dumb as fukk though :heh:

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
Cant really fault wenger. Why waste money on players that aren't better than what you have :manny: Suarez and his agent are dumb as fukk though :heh:

I disagree. Read:

To borrow a phrase from American comedian Larry David, Arsenal must be pretty, pretty good.

You see, manager Arsene Wenger often reminds us that he is only looking for 'super quality' to add to his Arsenal squad.

Despite the fact the Gunners finished 16 points behind Premier League champions Manchester United and just one ahead of fifth-placed Tottenham last season, only the very best will do for Wenger.

So far this summer, Yaya Sanogo is the sole player to fulfil Wenger's exacting criteria.

Sanogo is a 20-year-old French striker, who has played 24 senior games in his career for Auxerre, scoring 11 goals. And he cost the best part of nothing, joining Arsenal as a free agent.

Having started the summer with £70million to spend on exciting new stars, Wenger has made over £10m in player sales and is yet to open the cheque book.

Out have gone Gervinho to Roma, Marouane Chamakh to Crystal Palace and Vito Mannone to Sunderland. Andre Santos left for Flamengo and Denilson joined Sao Paulo, while Andrey Arshavin and Sebastien Squillaci were released.

Sure, there have been ambitious failed bids for Luis Suarez and Wayne Rooney, and there is still enough time for Wenger to turn this transfer window into a success.

A Suarez or Rooney would provide Arsenal with a huge boost. Throw in midfielder Luiz Gustavo and a top goalkeeper, and the club could become serious title contenders.

But four days ahead of Arsenal's Premier League opener against Aston Villa, the club may be realising that it's not so easy to teach an old dog new tricks.

Giving Wenger all the money in the world doesn't necessarily mean he will spend it and, so far, he hasn't. If the Frenchman fails to land any of his major targets, then he will have serious questions to answer.

It will be no good calling foul play over Gonzalo Higuain. Real Madrid may well have moved the goalposts in terms of his fee, but they were proved right to do so as Napoli paid the new asking price in full.

If Wenger really found it so unpalatable to spend £30million on Higuain and refuses to pay £50m-plus for Suarez, then there were other cheaper options that have passed him by.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang joined Borussia Dortmund for a fee thought to be in the region of £11m and the 24-year-old scored a hat-trick in his first game for the German club.

Villa will travel to the Emirates with Christian Benteke. Arsenal could have signed him for £25m following the striker's transfer request, but didn't even make an enquiry.

Manchester City bought Alvaro Negredo and Stevan Jovetic, while Tottenham have significantly boosted their fire-power by signing Roberto Soldado.

Wenger may question whether Soldado and Co are 'super quality', but would none of those players improved Arsenal? Really? Wilfried Bony could even prove to be another one that got away at Swansea.

Arsenal deemed Marouane Fellaini's £23.5m Everton buy-out clause too expensive, despite the fact the Belgian would offer Wenger a new dimension in midfield and would ensure the squad is not caught short if either Jack Wilshere or Mikel Arteta pick up injuries.

Stoke goalkeeper Asmir Begovic is valued at around £15m and would walk to the Emirates. He was arguably the best keeper in the Premier League last season, but Wenger is yet to firm up his interest.

Given the very public noises Arsenal made about the level of expenditure available to Wenger this summer, the team has to improve on last season.

Fourth can no longer be good enough. If Robin van Persie, Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri needed reminding why they left the Emirates, then they only had to look at the pictures of Arsenal players celebrating in the dressing room on the final day of last season.

No more pretending fourth place is some sort of imaginary trophy. No more settling for being the best club in North London. Arsenal now have the financial muscle to compete and must show tangible improvement.

That is why talk of extending Wenger's contract that expires at the end of the season is ridiculously premature right now.

He has four days to go until the Arsenal fans may well voice their frustrations again. Then there will be another 16 days for Wenger to finally close some deals and prove he means business.

If indeed Arsenal and Wenger are playing a brave game of transfer brinkmanship that they ultimately win, then this season can be an exciting new era for the club and the manager.

But if not and Arsenal are simply fighting for fourth place and once again know they will be trophyless by April, then Wenger should be allowed to walk away.

I pretty much agree with everything. Wenger wants top quality talent but is unwilling to pay for it. He reminds me of a Haitian with how cheap he is. Even when there is quality at cheap prices, they "aren't quality enough", then those same players go on and star for other teams.