Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Interesting stuff brehs, I feel like the French West Indies gets really overlooked in the Anglophone world, could be the opposite in France.

I know he's Congolese, but this was a fire party track :whew:

Even if born in Congo, Matador is french breh :ufdup: He represented France in Eurovision in 2010 :russ: Contest that we're losing since decades to the eastern european countries :beli:
But there was a "Coupé / Décalé" wave a few years ago, which he was part of when Magic System blew in France. Coupé Décalé is an ivorian dance music genre and was introduced in France via Magic System with this song :

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know he's French breh, but I was just pre-empting someone telling me he's not from Guadeloupe :laugh:

Premier Gaou might be one of the most popular French hits ever, I heard that shyt in Dubai in the early 00's.

concise

Veteran
Daps
Konpa?
EYs8O.png

now that's repetitive as hell.
main song section, 7 minute Keyboard breakdown, "men jazz la - a hahaahaa", next keyboard breakdown, outro...

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Konpa?
EYs8O.png

now that's repetitive as hell.
main song section, 7 minute Keyboard breakdown, "men jazz la - a hahaahaa", next keyboard breakdown, outro...
You hatin on Compas but praising Zouk Love ? Then, I can't respect you as a man, sorry :hmm:
Compas may be repetitive as hell but at least, it's music with instruments and it's great in concert. On the opposite, you don't really need talent to do zouk love, you only need to be a good looking female and "sing" about love. fukk modern zouk love :boss:

I know he's French breh, but I was just pre-empting someone telling me he's not from Guadeloupe :laugh:

Premier Gaou might be one of the most popular French hits ever, I heard that shyt in Dubai in the early 00's.
It's not french, it's ivorian. Magic System like most of Coupé Décalé bands is an ivorian band. I think they coming from Abidjan.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You hatin on Compas but praising Zouk Love ? Then, I can't respect you as a man, sorry :hmm:
Compas may be repetitive as hell but at least, it's music with instruments and it's great in concert. On the opposite, you don't really need talent to do zouk love, you only need to be a good looking female and "sing" about love. fukk modern zouk love :boss:

It's not french, it's ivorian. Magic System like most of Coupé Décalé bands is an ivorian band. I think they coming from Abidjan.
I meant Francophone . That song is guaranteed to play at any African party you go to, no matter the nationality.

Football related, this video they made with CIV's team in 2006 was pretty funny:

They also had that collabo with Cheb Khaled that had a Ribery cameo lol.

Another one of their Rai collabos I used to hear often:

concise

Veteran
Daps

:yeshrug: mwen pa ka di anyen dé bagay sa. Li bon pou quelque minit, men genyen on lé le'w fatigué ak sa. "KOTÉ FANATIK YO!!!!!!!!! PUT YOUR HANDS UP! PUT YOUR HANDS UP!"