Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Multiple sources within Major League Soccer have informed NBC Sports’ ProSoccerTalk that Tottenham Hotspur will receive a $9 million transfer fee for the U.S. captain’s services – roughly 95 percent of the £6 million Spurs reportedly paid for Dempsey last summer. To complete the unexpected move, Seattle have guaranteed the 30-year-old attacker $32 million over the next four seasons, making him one of the most expensive players in league history.

So levy took a 500,000 loss on this deal :patrice: ....prolly wrote it off as deuce's goals against Manu.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
If Dempsey went to the MLS last year, maybe youd have a point. However he flattered to decieve in that fluke season at fulham where he got 20, he was flabby and sick at spurs last year. He couldnt really cut it at a top club
this is where i have massive problems with generalizations

you're telling me a guy with no preseason who was supposedly shyt but scored a silly amount of important goals didnt make it when he outscored adebayor and was more consistent than defoe all season

yet somehow its adebayor and defoe and holtby who stay on but dempsey who goes after signing 3 promising players but that havent played 1 minute of english football put together

this is where i think an anti-american bias comes into play whether people recognize it or not

-----

im liking the music brehs, something different

concise

Veteran
Daps
funny, that little part where she's talking towards the end is like...a (presumable?) french speaker...speaking portuguese from angola/portugal...imitating an accent from rio...and written phonetically if you read the video's lyrics

language bro :mindblown:

The pronunciations in this song really threw me all the way off, starting at the very top. "Viens dancer" sounds like it got slurred into 1 word.

@Liu Kang - you ever heard an accent like that?

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
Seattle have guaranteed the 30-year-old attacker $32 million over the next four seasons, making him one of the most expensive players in league history.

:dwillhuh:
$8mil/yr???

This is why hes going over there. Pretty sure at spurs he was on £60k/wk = $5mil/yr . . . No chance that Everton would be able to match Seattles offer . . .shyt, theres no way any premier league team would pay that much for Dempsey :pachaha:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
unrelated/related note, I followed this whole saga from the first post on a certain spurs message board where the ITK came out of left field and no on believed it..... where it then spread to twitter and I was :aicmon: at how MIRACULOUSLY a bunch of respected journos I followed got instant "scoops" and "exclusives" on the situation from their "sources" and from there it just spread to every single site and newspaper

last few days really inspired me to get my own site started because i realized its all a bunch of bullshyt out there

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
unrelated/related note, I followed this whole saga from the first post on a certain spurs message board where the ITK came out of left field and no on believed it..... where it then spread to twitter and I was :aicmon: at how MIRACULOUSLY a bunch of respected journos I followed got instant "scoops" and "exclusives" on the situation from their "sources" and from there it just spread to every single site and newspaper

last few days really inspired me to get my own site started because i realized its all a bunch of bullshyt out there
Breh you can literally start a whole shytstorm of a story over one post,or tweet or rumor. I see it all the time in the boxing/MMA circles. People start speculating on other peoples speculation.

Inception journalism :ohhh:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
The pronunciations in this song really threw me all the way off, starting at the very top. "Viens dancer" sounds like it got slurred into 1 word.

@Liu Kang - you ever heard an accent like that?
based on her name, i should revise that last statement, i think she's a portuguese speaker speaking french, not the other way around

concise

Veteran
Daps

another song that had me entranced not too long ago:

based on her name, i should revise that last statement, i think she's a portuguese speaker speaking french, not the other way around

from her website:
Née en France un printemps 1985, Jennifer Dias est transcendée par les influences musicales de ses racines, le Cap-Vert. Bercée par les rythmes Soul et Funky des vinyles de son père, elle développe très tôt un goût prononcé pour la musique sous toutes ses formes. Elle prend des cours de danse dès l’âge de huit ans et, six années plus tard, elle prendra ses premiers cours de chant. Combiner ces deux facettes du monde musical l’enchante et ça se voit autant que ça se ressent ! En 2003 elle intègre une compagnie musicale parisienne en tant que danseuse, chanteuse Jazz. Pendant les 5 années qui suivirent, elle multipliera les représentations à travers les continents. Elle participera également à plusieurs compilations qui lui permettront de d'interpréter ses chansons partout dans le monde. Jennifer travaille aujourd’hui, en auto-production sur son premier album solo aux sonorités R’N’B et Kizomba. Une alliance hors du commun qui confère à sa voix suave un environnement atypique. C’est avec le soutien perpétuel de ses proches, qu’elle se donne entièrement et travaille sans relâche. D’aucuns imaginent, à tort ou à raison, que le talent à lui seul suffit à sortir du lot. Jennifer quant à elle pense que s’il n’est pas accompagné de passion et de persévérance, il sera vain!

Cape Verde roots, born in France ... explains things :ehh:

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
this is where i have massive problems with generalizations

you're telling me a guy with no preseason who was supposedly shyt but scored a silly amount of important goals didnt make it when he outscored adebayor and was more consistent than defoe all season

yet somehow its adebayor and defoe and holtby who stay on but dempsey who goes after signing 3 promising players but that havent played 1 minute of english football put together

this is where i think an anti-american bias comes into play whether people recognize it or not

-----

im liking the music brehs, something different

Im a spurs fan, your a Dempsey fan. Im coming at this from a team perspective - he was frustrating to watch. He was a poacher for many of his goals iirc, and he was as bad as defoe at his link up play imo. He's not a bad player, but he wasnt great at spurs (a bit like when we got peinaar)

And dont worry, adebayor, defoe and holtby will be seeing plenty of the bench this season. Ade was lucky he fit our system last year. Soldado gonna run the front line