Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
I can't quite remember if I posted this before (memory is shyt on here) but J. Cole is the embodiment and face of every lame millennial hip-hop fan out there. They are those fans who are always blindly praising hip-hop. They are distinctly different though, from old hip hop heads, who you can give a modicum of respect simply because they actually lived through the 90s.

These millennial hip hop fans serve as the footmen for boring rap music and standing up for generic tasteless bullshyt like Joey Bada$$, Wale, and of course J.Cole. They also are eager to genuflect to "legends" of the game, always celebrating people like Mary J. Blige, Jay-Z, Nas ("Let Nas Down" is one of the greatest yet sad concepts for a rap song I've ever heard. A song that is exclusively made up of bytch ass lines that depict pathetic servility and latent homosexuality, it's a wonder how Nas even decided to get on the remix), artists who have lived off their names for years now but are provided a new spotlight due to people giving them misplaced respect. It's hard to articulate these fans that I'm talking about, but I know it when I see it.

I mean really, who gives a fukk about TLC? Yet it would not be surprising in the least to see a J.Cole interview, humbly talking about TLC as legends, bathing in the celestial light of the people who had a hand in penning classics like, "No Scrubs". He's a fukking embarrassment, him and his contemporaries.
I was just pointing out a song that had a bit more personnel:skip:

I am a millennial hip hop fan:guilty: I am a J.cole fan :sadcam: I do kinda sorta like Badass:merchant:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
the thing about joey badass, wale, j. cole is that they dont make BAD music, but they more often than not make boring music imo.

like WHAT is inspired about what they do? its kinda like jazz musicians in their 30s that have no desire to do anything other than try to reach the level of perfection that the OGs got to - coltrane, miles, thelonius. which is cool in a way, they obviously made great music, but what good are you doing the music by stopping there and not innovating?

joey badass is a fukking cover band for god's sakes. j. cole is just a whiner.

and pink flag is a great album, heard that when i was 10 and was like :merchant: :wtf:

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got In,feel lean.

Lately I finished training (finished cab driver knowledge in feb, been driving cab since may), so now I buy CDs every week, it's weird,, I've bought nothing for 10 years,but i've got money, so now I'm buying, i've bought 50 CDs in 2 months. (Focused on CDs I knew I liked but arctic monkeys first 2, nas lost tapes, stillmatic, OAsis, pet sounds, the dark side of the moon, the carnival, the understanding, the villian in black, the sagas of klashnekoff, etc, loads more)

I've realised I enjoy music more when I've paid for it.

Last edited:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
the thing about joey badass, wale, j. cole is that they dont make BAD music, but they more often than not make boring music imo.

like WHAT is inspired about what they do? its kinda like jazz musicians in their 30s that have no desire to do anything other than try to reach the level of perfection that the OGs got to - coltrane, miles, thelonius. which is cool in a way, they obviously made great music, but what good are you doing the music by stopping there and not innovating?

joey badass is a fukking cover band for god's sakes. j. cole is just a whiner.
this is true of every genre of commercial music since the late 90s, imo

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Dizzee Rascal, Wiley brehs.

Is it just me or is MLS :flabbynsick: this season. There can be a thing like too much parity.

Table halfway through: 37, 34, 33, 32, 32, 32, 32, 31, 31, 30, 29 etc

Games today: 1-1, 0-0, 0-0, 0-0, 2-0, 4-1

losing patience with it, there are more weeks when scores are like this than when there are legendary weeks like 3 weeks ago.

rah rah MLS but this year has been a struggle. I've always wanted it more Eredivisie than Argentine First Division.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps

the fukkery at the end of RSL/KC

ref fukked that up though, playing 7 minutes extra time

the mormons were furious and started throwing stuff on the field :wow:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
:wow: Brehs fukk all this noise.

Clubbing in New York is dead. Has been dead for quite some time. The last days of The Tunnel, Club USA, Limelight etc etc left our greatest city with a vapid, soulless, and underwhelming dance scene. With the clubs, the music also left. That "I'm pretty sure this was created by gays for gays but gawt damn it's funky" warehouse disco sound vanished, and nothing replaced it. Trying to link two steps together in a rhythmic fashion on a given New York dance floor is a lonely experience. You're surrounded by New Yorkers who are only BARELY able to pretend that what's happening is fantastic. From people so prolific in pretension, it's a sad sight.

But, from that very loneliness, from that very sense of wondering and longing, comes the wave of the year. It's cold. It's mechanical. But it's not standoffish. It wants warmth. It wants a soul. It wants you. It needs you. But it doesn't have you, not yet, atleast.

As those opening synths echo, the air is cold, your outfit is crisp, not a hair out of place, and you look ever so gq as you nod to the music, threatening as are all other to break out into a robotic and emotionless two step. And she's there, all the way on the other side of an empty dancefloor.

As it comes to a close, sweat and alcohol look one in the same as stains on your shirt, the air is thick and heavy, your body moves in ungainly patterns, and you've never been seen outside of your house looking worse, but you're looking worse with her, together, body to body.

And it's wonderful.

You never know what the next song may bring, so for right then, you don't let go.

You just let this bridge take you to the other side.