Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Apologies for the length, but I come back from playing LA Noire for the past 5 hours and heard that they were having demonstrations all over the country today for Trayvon?? :dahell:

Didn't even hear about it honestly. Wonder if anyone from the coli went.

The one thing that disgusted me about the Trayvon thing was a post being circulated throughout Facebook about this dude who was a 'thug' and then went on to become a MD. tbh, I wasn't all that emotionally invested, or interested at all in the Trayvon case from the beginning, or when the verdict was read. The FB post was a perfectly fine story, he was a kid who I guess was a thug who is a doctor now (though the only thing that tipped readers off about that was that he had one of those dual photos with a pic of his old self mugging a camera in a durag and then that was set next to a recent picture of him holding a clipboard and in a white coat. Very med school, very MD.)

Anyway, he had a two or three paragraph salvo about his life and how he could've been Trayvon but he wasn't Trayvon. The entire thing was so offensive. When you discuss a case like this on a social networking site it automatically converts from being about a young kid being killed, to you. YOU could have been Trayvon. I could have been shot. I could have died. I, I, I, I, Me. But the thing is he wasn't killed, he wasn't even in the state, the case had nothing to do with him. I'm not trying to downplay the fact that the specter of race manipulated the outcome of the case, or naively trying to ignore the realities of being black in America. But it's bad when people try to make the case about themselves, something that inevitably happens on FB and twitter which is hard to avoid. It's even doubly obnoxious when people humblebrag about their glorious monied vocational paths stretching out before them and trying to exploit a murder case to further their own careerist motives through self-promotion on a social media site.

Then another pacspit worthy tidbit is seeing Jay-Z and his glossed up hoodrat being the focal point of most of the stories I've seen about the rallies today. If it wasn't already apparent that these rallies and demonstrations were going to peter out next week once the media doesn't care anymore, it certainly accelerates the attention expiration date once you glop on a liberal helping of celebrity trivia on top. People whose very existence and movements within our culture is pure piffle. Thank god Jay didn't shout out the NSA on MCHG or else I would've already forgotten about the sinister fukks. It's always a trainwreck when the glitterati try to come down with the unwashed commoners to unite for a common cause, essentially because it's impossible to do just that. If anything, the sleb looks woefully out of place, looking around, craning their necks, gawping, casually traipsing through the crowded demonstration looking like they just wandered into an art festival after their brunch of bottomless mimosas and coke.

I got a flashback to when Kanye was at Occupy Wall Street which was just farcical upon recollection. The movement was already an impotent mess, but then you have Kanye with Russell Simmons, who was speaking for Kanye. While the other rich guy is speaking for the other rich guy, Kanye has his best puppy dog eyes on display, with a face that says, "Hey guys I'm compassionate, concerned, and not at all out of touch!" all the while he does not utter a word like some billionaire mute pre-teen kid upset that his eccentric parents dragged him out of the house to go hang out with 'the help.'

Kanye rubbing shoulders with Zizek, you couldn't make it up :snoop:

Last edited:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
moratti is a vinegar-filled twat :heh: i dont believe that conversation happened for a second :heh:

also @Capitol i dont care about prodigy's bruises on his face, he makes grimey music and is an interesting character :unsure:
You listened to his audiobook?

Only listened to a few parts but it's jokes, especially his school stories :laugh:

Part one here if you brehs wanna listen:

Last edited:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Apologies for the length, but I come back from playing LA Noire for the past 5 hours and heard that they were having demonstrations all over the country today for Trayvon?? :dahell:

The one thing that disgusted me about the Trayvon thing was a post being circulated throughout Facebook about this dude who was a 'thug' and then went on to become a MD. tbh, I wasn't all that emotionally invested, or interested at all in the Trayvon case from the beginning, or when the verdict was read. The FB post was a perfectly fine story, he was a kid who I guess was a thug ho is a doctor now (though the only thing that tipped readers off about that was that he had one of those dual photos with a pic of his old self mugging a camera in a durag and then that was set next to a recent picture of him holding a clipboard and in a white coat. Very med school, very MD.)

Anyway, he had a two or three paragraph salvo about his life and how he could've been Trayvon but he wasn't Trayvon. The entire thing was so offensive. When you discuss a case like this on a social networking site it automatically converts from being about a young kid being killed, to you. YOU could have been Trayvon. I could have been shot. I could have died. I, I, I, I, Me. But the thing is he wasn't killed, he wasn't even in the state, the case had nothing to do with him. I'm not trying to downplay the fact that the specter of race manipulated the outcome of the case, or naively trying to ignore the realities of being black in America. But it's bad when people try to make the case about themselves, something that inevitably happens on FB and twitter which is hard to avoid. It's even doubly obnoxious when people humblebrag about their glorious monied vocational paths stretching out before them and trying to exploit a murder case to further their own careerist motives through self-promotion on a social media site.

Then another pacspit worthy tidbit is seeing Jay-Z and his glossed up hoodrat being the focal point of most of the stories I've seen about the rallies today. If it wasn't already apparent that these rallies and demonstrations were going to peter out next week once the media doesn't care anymore, it certainly accelerates the attention expiration date once you glop on a liberal helping of celebrity trivia on top. People whose very existence and movements within our culture is pure piffle. Thank god Jay didn't shout out the NSA on MCHG or else I would've already forgotten about the sinister fukks. It's always a trainwreck when the glitterati try to come down with the unwashed commoners to unite for a common cause, essentially because it's impossible to do just that. If anything, the sleb looks woefully out of place, looking around, craning their necks, gawping, casually traipsing through the crowded demonstration looking like they just wandered into an art festival after their brunch of bottomless mimosas and coke.

I got a flashback to when Kanye was at Occupy Wall Street which was just farcical upon recollection. The movement was already an impotent mess, but then you have Kanye with Russell Simmons, who was speaking for Kanye. While the other rich guy is speaking for the other rich guy, Kanye has his best puppy dog eyes on display, with a face that says, "Hey guys I'm compassionate, concerned, and not at all out of touch!" all the while he does not utter a word like some billionaire mute pre-teen kid upset that his eccentric parents dragged him out of the house to go hang out with 'the help.'

:whoa: I'm no fan of Beyonce, but how's she a hoodrat? You're sounding very flyover American right now breh.

concise

Veteran
Daps

The one thing that disgusted me about the Trayvon thing was a post being circulated throughout Facebook about this dude who was a 'thug' and then went on to become a MD. tbh, I wasn't all that emotionally invested, or interested at all in the Trayvon case from the beginning, or when the verdict was read. The FB post was a perfectly fine story, he was a kid who I guess was a thug ho is a doctor now (though the only thing that tipped readers off about that was that he had one of those dual photos with a pic of his old self mugging a camera in a durag and then that was set next to a recent picture of him holding a clipboard and in a white coat. Very med school, very MD.)

I don't see the what's so offensive about that fb post. That could've been Obama 35 years ago. :manny:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Thiago ----> Fabregas -------> Modric ------------------------------------------------------------------------------>>>>>>> now we after Cabaye :dead: :to:

Last edited:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Spurs buy unknown, overrated Dutch winger as a panic buy after missing their 4th striker target of the season. Fans hail move as one that will finally put them over the top. Apparently Bale Lennon Sandro Dempsey Paulinho Dembele Huddlestone Parker Holtby Sigurdsson Townsend Falque isn't enough.

This is all gonna explode and I can't wait to see the bloody aftermath. Especially when you got like 7 bona fide starters unhappy on the bench. Ain't no amount of man management gonna help :lolbron:

The tension already got to them last season, let's see what happens!

Last edited:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Facking hell, De Bruyne just scored a banger but seems to have seriously injured himself in the process. Looks like a serious knee injury. :to:

EDIT: Anybody else having trouble typing? Slow as fook. :damn:

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Facking hell, De Bruyne just scored a banger but seems to have seriously injured himself in the process. Looks like a serious knee injury. :to:

EDIT: Anybody else having trouble typing? Slow as fook. :damn:
:bryan::bryan::bryan:

I really don't get why the Trayvon case evolved into....whatever this is right now.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
:yawn: when people complain about the long season then spend a month playing nothing friendlies

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
:whoa: I'm no fan of Beyonce, but how's she a hoodrat? You're sounding very flyover American right now breh.

She's essentially for hoodrats by hoodrats. Though I'm always slightly surprised at how white people adore Beyonce.

Note: I'm not saying only black people can be hoodrats

I don't see the what's so offensive about that fb post. That could've been Obama 35 years ago. :manny:

I'm just simply trying to point out the selfishness of the post. What was his endgame with pointlessly inserting himself into a case like that? A case that had nothing to do with him at all?

To be brutally cynical, it's easy to believe that his first thoughts about the verdict were, "hey, that could've been me! I could've died!" His post was self-centeredness and mawkish hallmark card bullshyt disguised as genuine empathy and understanding.

And people try to do that all the time, wedge themselves into something that had nothing to do with them. Hey guys, I didn't get on a plane a few weeks ago, but imagine if I did? Yo that could've been me on that crashed SFO flight :ohhh: it's nonsense and detracts from the actual victims and story.

Last edited:

concise

Veteran
Daps
I'm just simply trying to point out the selfishness of the post. What was his endgame with pointlessly inserting himself into a case like that? A case that had nothing to do with him at all?

To be brutally cynical, it's easy to believe that his first thoughts about the verdict were, "hey, that could've been me! I could've died!" His post was self-centeredness and mawkish hallmark card bullshyt disguised as genuine empathy and understanding.

And people try to do that all the time, wedge themselves into something that had nothing to do with them. Hey guys, I didn't get on a plane a few weeks ago, but imagine if I did? Yo that could've been me on that crashed SFO flight :ohhh: it's nonsense and detracts from the actual victims and story.

It is kinda selfish, but I don't see the problem. a black guy is far more likely to be profiled by some maniac than to be in a plane crash.

And is there a link/screenshot to this post?