Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Are we really going to act like if last night was in a proper tournament that Spain wouldn't have bored there way to victory?

Sad but true.

Great atmosphere last night but it won't help when they have to play vs this years champions league final tbf. Germany will smash 'em.

Tbh it's not out of the realms of possibility that Messi walks in to Brazil, shows them up on their own turf and cements his GOAT status in the process :manny:

At this point i'd put Brazil 5th favourites behind Spain, Germany, Argentina and England.

I.AM.PIFF

You're minor, we're major
Supporter
Daps
Are we really going to act like if last night was in a proper tournament that Spain wouldn't have bored there way to victory?

Sad but true.

Great atmosphere last night but it won't help when they have to play vs this years champions league final tbf. Germany will smash 'em.

Tbh it's not out of the realms of possibility that Messi walks in to Brazil, shows them up on their own turf and cements his GOAT status in the process :manny:

At this point i'd put Brazil 5th favourites behind Spain, Germany, Argentina and England.

:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

NegMawon

Rookie
Daps
Will be interesting to see if Spain adapts and becomes more direct with their attack against better teams Tiki taka got shredded on both the club and national team level ..the last 210 minutes they scored zero goals the only time they showed any life at all was when Navas came on .. Their back line is straight garbage if their midfield can't keep possession ....They will be there next year but can't see them beating Germany, Brazil, Italy or Argentina

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Will be interesting to see if Spain adapts and becomes more direct with their attack against better teams Tiki taka got shredded on both the club and national team level ..the last 210 minutes they scored zero goals the only time they showed any life at all was when Navas came on .. Their back line is straight garbage if their midfield can't keep possession ....They will be there next year but can't see them beating Germany, Brazil, Italy or Argentina

They have no strikers. Soldado isnt troubling the top defences, Torres is bushes status, Villa, Messi has ruined his career and he hasnt looked the same since his injury. Who else is there? They need to start playin the young brehs, like Isco, Thiago, Martinez because they fresher, bring new ideas into the team and the fact that they havent travelled allover the world and playing over 350-400 games in about 6 years like Xavi & Iniesta have.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
I like Nymar a lot. Dude is just passionate and hungry to win. He should have gone to a team like City or a AC Milan. Barca should not have Neymar, dude gonna turn into a flopper/cheater in no time but he gonna outshine Messi smth serious. Can't wait for him to show Messi is a product of the system not as good as people believe.

Brasil chegou

i2drNde1Cg8tx.gif

NegMawon

Rookie
Daps
Barca next year is gonna b something serious with that False 9 formation ..Neymar will def have a chance to outshine Messi because he ll have a lot of space to run in on the wings ..I can see Messi's goal tally drop and his assists go up there's no fullbacks la Liga that's gonna be able to contain Neymar 1 v 1

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Neymar is not outshining the Midget Overlord. Hes already killed 2 of the greatest strikers of the 2000- era in Ibra and Villa's Barcas careers. :mjpls: You really think these Iberians are goin to defer to Neymar because hes got the hype :ufdup:

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
I never understood why so many of yall want Messi to be seen as a fraud :patrice:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I never understood why so many of yall want Messi to be seen as a fraud :patrice:

He's overhyped and how can he be the GOAT player when he isnt even the GOAT player from his own Country. And that GAWD who only took the NT to 2 World Cup Finals in a row, the 2nd one when he was injured for the whole tournament. Took a team from the South of Italy with little history and gave them their only League titles and european trophy to date, while playin in the most dirtiest league of them all.

While Messi's doing it at a club that was winning titles before he made his pro debut and he only plays with 2 of the greatest Spanish midifielders of alltime at club level.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
There is a huge difference between being the GOAT and being a fraud and Messi can exist without having to be either one. I don't see why he can't just be a good/great player without all of this extra shyt

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
IT WAS 10 YEARS AGO TODAY
Mon 01 Jul 2013

With a formal share offer, published on this website late on Tuesday 1 July 2003, it was announced to the world that Chelsea Football Club was embarking on a new era, and sparking a new age for English football too.

The published share offer was a mandatory one for all the remaining shares which were in many hands, and in due course Roman Abramovich became the sole owner.

TEN YEARS OF ROMAN ABRAMOVICH - THE STATISTICS 2003/04 - 2012/13

596 competitive matches
371 wins
131 draws
94 defeats
1,139 goals scored
489 goals conceded
62.2 per cent win percentage (compared to our all-time 43.1 per cent)

18 major semi-finals
11 major finals
11 major trophies
9 managers
86 players made their debut - 20 (23 per cent) of which came from the Academy
Reached the FA Youth Cup final four times in the last six seasons, winning it twice.
U19s NextGen Series finalists
FA Premier Reserve League National Champions

Chelsea's trophies
2003/04
2004/05 - Premier League, League Cup
2005/06 - Premier League, Community Shield
2006/07 - FA Cup, League Cup
2007/08
2008/09 - FA Cup
2009/10 - Premier League, FA Cup, Community Shield, FA Youth Cup
2010/11 - FA Premier Reserve League
2011/12 - Champions League, FA Cup, FA Youth Cup
2012/13 - Europa League

0,,10268~12042859,00.jpg

Came through and
mysmilie_4654.gif

Best owner EVER. :salute:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
There is a huge difference between being the GOAT and being a fraud and Messi can exist without having to be either one. I don't see why he can't just be a good/great player without all of this extra shyt

Blame the media and fanboys.

He's in the same spot that :sadbron: was at before the Heat won last year :gladbron:

actually scrap that,

Hes in the same spot as :childplease: before he won the 2 rings without :shaq:

But those 2 rings aint more CL, they = the World Cup