Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
It's kinda funny, even with how much the game has developed in this country in the years since, that 02 squad is still easily the best. That team was nice mix of grizzled european journeyman leadership and fearless youngins.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
It's kinda funny, even with how much the game has developed in this country in the years since, that 02 squad is still easily the best. That team was nice mix of grizzled european journeyman leadership and fearless youngins.
yeah, except in defense Eddie Pope was a rock but Berhalter and Agoos were donkeys.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
was this there "take us serious now" game

pretty much. usa never looked back from that game and that tournament. after that simply "being there" wasnt accepted as success anymore

i remember being extremely nervous watching the second half of the korea/portugal game (thank you park ji-sung) when the portuguese hit the post a few times, my goodness :merchant:

and of course frings. and the usa comprehensively outplayed germany too.

Damn. Even yoyoyo doesn't give a shyt about the CONCACAF Champions League.
not in this silly "8 groups of 3" format. whats the point then, just have a usa/mexico final eight and get it over with

Daps
Reppin
NULL
pretty much. usa never looked back from that game and that tournament. after that simply "being there" wasnt accepted as success anymore

i remember being extremely nervous watching the second half of the korea/portugal game (thank you park ji-sung) when the portuguese hit the post a few times, my goodness :merchant:

and of course frings. and the usa comprehensively outplayed germany too.

not in this silly "8 groups of 3" format. whats the point then, just have a usa/mexico final eight and get it over with

yeah I glad there not just happy to be there anymore and try to go the distants

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Don't worry... USA will become a powerhouse in soccer. It's only a matter of time before the physically gifted short nikkas start seeing a paycheck in that shyt.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Americans in here pretending they watched football in 2002 :usure:

7j3uv.gif

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
this open cup nyrb vs harrisburg stream is bare jokes m8s

"and its a goal kick" (announcer: CORNER KICK)
"come and see montpellier and lion at the red bulls arena"

the announcer calls out stats during the game "corner kick ny" "shot by dax mccarty" "beer sales end in 3 minutes" :wtf:

you heard the announcer crack open a few beers throughout the game

the speaker system blares random music in the middle of the game

:bow: real football Watch Live: Red Bulls vs. Harrisburg City Islanders (7pm ET) | New York Red Bulls

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What i want to know about Brazil is, why do they keep playing all of these bums from the brazillian leagues?

Keep it at Neymar and Ganso and sack the rest, they're shyte.

Cause they don't have much of choice, nothing to do with the Olympics:heh:, they just don't that many good players around.

But according to Holli, there's an abundance of talent in Brasil.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Frush, i really dont know where to begin with you, ill just get one point across and that the World Cup isnt for another two years and right now our promising players are at their make it or break it point.

Our biggest problem is Mano trying to play the 4-3-3 when everyone knows that national teams arent like clubs, where you can play attacking football. If he'd stuck with the same 4-3-3 during all these years of building then we'd be playing some sexy football but since hes gotta test new players, formations, olympics, etc. then he should adopt a more conservative line-up.

Hulk, i believe should play up top, hes got the build to win aerial challenges and can take on a defender or two, and i hope he does go to England, he needs a higher learning curve and i think he can adapt quite well, hes got a canon on his left foot but for godsakes he isnt Messi

This is all well and good, but you are just avoiding my actual point, face it, these players for most part are just functional average players, and you and most Brasilians know this.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
if you look at Brazil's squad from the last few Olympics, you can see a clear drop in quality

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As one of the few people who supported Dunga, he was right in his approach. I was actually thinking about this today(yes I know, what a life I have), while Dunga will always be pragmatic in his approach, maybe just maybe, he looked around and said. We don't have the players to tippy tappy football.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
watching the jubilee concert on abc, it was pretty good. love the ceremonial stuff, laugh and mock the whole tradition but i can dig these displays