Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
They need to hurry up and announce Shinji's squad number so I can rock a grown ass man's name on my back.

I'm taking special pride in this as I may have been the first mawfukka on Earth to call for Young Nippon-Sama to join the squad. Do you know how much Chicha is going to eat now that we can actually play through the middle? :krs:

We did it :sadbron:

We got a player better than Hazard for half the price:noah:

Now we just need to get Lord Carrick a proper breh to lock down the midfield beside him and it's over over for the streets. I'm gonna study traditional Basque witchcraft to see if I can cook up a brew that'll bring Bilboa crippling financial issues. Bielsa's extension looks like it might have inspired too much confidence.

The best part about this is the fukking Wes talk can now finally die.

m8 enjoy the lad and put a few pence on hernandez to hit 20 goals next season

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
henderson won't be sold, he plays further back than sigurdsson. siggy plays the hole in a 4-2-3-1 whereas hendo plays as 1 of the 2 base cms. he has nowhere near the creativity of siggy

shelvey is in trouble as siggy is a like for like but better. he'll get loaned or need to figure out how to play alongside lucas/hendo but that patient buildup doesn't fit his best trait

spearing is done. so long jay

liverpool's midfield/attack will look like

Lucas-Hendo
suarez-siggy/shelvey-maxi/downing/new signing/???
carroll

Why are you trying so hard to retire Gerrard? He will play ahead of siggurdson guaranteed.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
so why would he be sold at a loss if the squad have no better replacement and he suits the style of the new manager?

Did I say he'll be sold right away? WHATS WRONG WITH YOUR EYES??????

Everytime I seen him play there hes been outclassed when he comes up against superior players and tries his best Beckham/Gerrard impresonation with the Hollywood balls. Plus he runs like a retard and if you gunna run like a retard atleast be good to deflect from the fact that you run like a retard. David Platt ran with camp wrists, but he scored goals.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
20120611_600.jpg

laughing stock of the world brehs :yeshrug:

The problem with England are there expectations are too high. They have an entitlement complex...they believe because the game was created there that it's their birth right to dominate the sport. Instead of humbling themselves and admitting the truth (that they are nobodies in the grand scheme of things) they continue to stay deluded thinking they are one or two players away from hoisting the world cup. They are arrogant and snobbish in their approach to the game and that is why they lack innovation like the Brazilians, Italians, and Spaniards. A team like the Ghana Black Stars are closer to winning the world cup than England are. Just Watch!

emoney

custom user title
Daps
I think the biggest reason i'd want England to win something is because of how mad it would make the world.

Can you imagine the levels of seething.

this is an example of the delusional state of mind that England media and fans suffer under

the rest of the world is not thinking about England

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
They need to seriously look at how they develop players, because the current methods aren't working, and won't be working anytime soon.

Daps
Why are you trying so hard to retire Gerrard? He will play ahead of siggurdson guaranteed.

gerrard's lack of fitness does him in. him/siggy/suarez could all play together in that attacking band, changing positions etc but how many games are you relying on him to play

Did I say he'll be sold right away? WHATS WRONG WITH YOUR EYES??????

Everytime I seen him play there hes been outclassed when he comes up against superior players and tries his best Beckham/Gerrard impresonation with the Hollywood balls. Plus he runs like a retard and if you gunna run like a retard atleast be good to deflect from the fact that you run like a retard. David Platt ran with camp wrists, but he scored goals.

he's outclassed bc he's 21 thrown into the fire at a position he doesn't play. give him a run at cm next season and let's see how he grows. as for hollywood balls, the criticism was the exact opposite last season. he played too safe, too many sideways and backwards passes for a certain faction

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
The problem with England are there expectations are too high. They have an entitlement complex...they believe because the game was created there that it's their birth right to dominate the sport. Instead of humbling themselves and admitting the truth (that they are nobodies in the grand scheme of things) they continue to stay deluded thinking they are one or two players away from hoisting the world cup. They are arrogant and snobbish in their approach to the game and that is why they lack innovation like the Brazilians, Italians, and Spaniards. A team like the Ghana Black Stars are closer to winning the world cup than England are. Just Watch!

:pachaha:

(Excluding pen shootouts) Only Brasil and Germany have beaten England in the knockout stages in the last 20 years of tournaments.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
watching perlaza is a struggle breh

I honestly couldn't tell you one thing Danny's done well in the last 12 months. He's been complete shyt.

I went back and watched every one of his goals, and almost every single one were a result of a) a major defensive error or b)Le Toux making a nice assist. He's completely incapable of beating a defender one on one and scoring.

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:pachaha:

(Excluding pen shootouts) Only Brasil and Germany have beaten England in the knockout stages in the last 20 years of tournaments.
2010... wasn't so much that germany beat em, but the ease with which they did it. compare this to 96 and 90, you can see that england had gone backwards. germany weren't that much better than they used to be either (if at all... 90 germany were good)

2008... no one beat them because they couldn't beat croatia and em.

2006/2004.... did lose to portugal on penalties... had legitimately great players even if the team as a collective wasn't world class. but then you gotta look at a guy like rooney getting sent off... if your best player's a psycho moron, that will hamper you.

2002... narrow defeat to brazil but class told. this was one of their best chances to drop some greece tactics and get through.

1998... penalties again. dubious reffing. genuinely good squad.

1994... no homo.

so yes... but then there's a lot of distance between getting draws after 120 minutes of the quarter finals/second round and actually winning those 3 extra matches and lifting a trophy.

england aren't "the biggest disappointment" or any of that nonsense... just a good side who perform pretty much as expected.... which becomes disappointing when you see other good sides consistently exceed expectations.