Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Welbeck to me is a less selfish D Sturridge.

Has pace, work rate and (unlike Sturridge) links up well... but you know he's gonna miss 8 chances out of 10.

For someone who is probably most effective using his pace on the shoulder of the last man, that lack of finishing ability is a deal breaker.

:comeon:

you can't compare Welbeck to Sturridge. Sturridge by all account should be a top top class forward. He has got pace, decent height, skills and technique. Its just that his decision making is non-existant: He'll make the wrong decision 9.99999 out of 10 :mindblown: shyt, he's already in Rodgers' doghouse :mjpls: ask @SCORCH and other chelsea fans on here about sturridge.
Sturridge's work rate is :snoop: too.

Welbeck just lack finishing. And it doesn't seem it'll improve with being consistently played out of position.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But how often does he play in that position for club tho?
i know he doesn't get the chance and i don't deny it's pure prejudice that i'm writing his chances off before he's got it.

a game at emirates sticks in my mind where they came and beat us but Welbeck (even with our shyt defence) came up blank and missed about 4 sitters.

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:comeon:

you can't compare Welbeck to Sturridge. Sturridge by all account should be a top top class forward. He has got pace, decent height, skills and technique. Its just that his decision making is non-existant: He'll make the wrong decision 9.99999 out of 10 :mindblown: shyt, he's already in Rodgers' doghouse :mjpls: ask @SCORCH and other chelsea fans on here about sturridge.
Sturridge's work rate is :snoop: too.

Welbeck just lack finishing. And it doesn't seem it'll improve with being consistently played out of position.
i don't buy that you can always take someone who can't finish and that they will somehow develop it by playing up there....

he should be put in the same bracket as someone like Adebayor, who you can tell will never be clinical, no matter how much he's picked as a CF.

compared to someone like pre-leg break Eduardo who you could immediately tell knew how to score a goal and had all the instincts to do it repeatedly.

Welbeck has all the attributes he needs... but he fukks up cos he's weak mentally when he needs a bit of composure... that's why I liken him to Sturridge, who rather than bottling it, just makes poor choices.

Last edited by a moderator:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
i don't buy that you can always take someone who can't finish and that they will somehow develop it by playing up there....

he should be put in the same bracket as someone like Adebayor, who you can tell will never be clinical, no matter how much he's picked as a CF.

compared to someone like pre-leg break Eduardo who you could immediately tell knew how to score a goal and had all the instincts to do it repeatedly.

Welbeck has all the attributes he needs... but he fukks up cos he's weak mentally when he needs a bit of composure... that's why I liken him to Sturridge, who rather than bottling it, just makes poor choices.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emosxCswvDg[/ame]

is that a kid who lacks composure?? when he was younger he had finishing skills. dont know what happened.

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
let's not try and illustrate ability based on 43 second YouTube clips, otherwise I'll dig out that Adebayor goal of the season one and we can pretend he's a top class striker.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
If one Chelsea team had to win today I'd have preferred the youth in all honesty.

Rafael-Benitez-4.jpg

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
let's not try and illustrate ability based on 43 second YouTube clips, otherwise I'll dig out that Adebayor goal of the season one and we can pretend he's a top class striker.
:leostare:
Adebayor was a top class striker before Wenger refused to give him more money :birdman:

He started well at City but his national team bus got shot up.

-----

If Mourinho doesn't return to Chelsea. Chelsea fans who would you rather have as your next manager? Moyes or Rafa ? :youngsabo:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know, I can just see you when Ba scored :gladbron: then it hit you a few seconds later :snoop: :sadcam:

Cech save you was :damn: :upsetfavre:

Full time :why:

Ba's goal was glorious. Put in a proper shift today, deserved his goal.

Cech's save was unfukkingbelievable and the fact that it denied that twat his customary goal against us made it even sweeter. Never has a player as bad as Hernandez terrorised us. I can understand great players have good records against certain teams but that shower of shyte scoring a goal every time we play them was becoming farcical.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Ba's goal was glorious. Put in a proper shift today, deserved his goal.

Cech's save was unfukkingbelievable and the fact that it denied that twat his customary goal against us made it even sweeter. Never has a player as bad as Hernandez terrorised us. I can understand great players have good records against certain teams but that shower of shyte scoring a goal every time we play them was becoming farcical.

Better record than Messi has vs you lot :skip:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Better record than Messi has vs you lot :skip:

0 goals in about 9 games*. :blessed:

Cech has him shook as fack. Look how precise he tried to be with the pen last season, Cech's length put him off completely.

*not that he hasn't played well against us. Tore Del Horno a new one in 06 and caused problems all night.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
0 goals in about 9 games*. :blessed:

Cech has him shook as fack. Look how precise he tried to be with the pen last season, Cech's length put him off completely.

*not that he hasn't played well against us. Tore Del Horno a new one in 06 and caused problems all night.

Thats because he was still new back then. Del Hornos Chlesea career died that night