Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
You're right.
His finishing has him on the cusp though.:ufdup:

I'm willing to say that his finishing is so shyte that it makes him overall shyte :yeshrug::yeshrug::yeshrug:

I'm gonna get quoted to death about how he's one step away from being world class but fukk it. What's his strike rate like 2 goals in 33 games? :scusthov:

For a supposed striker that's dreadful

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
You're right.
His finishing has him on the cusp though.:ufdup:

:rudy:

So you just goin to ignore his workrate and ability to play across the forward line? Afterall he was the only United forward to turn up for the Real games while his 2 more illustrious teammates Gooney and Van Rape went on holiday.

Welbeck would probably be better off leavin United, atleast it would give him the chance to play as a #9 alot more

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I'm willing to say that his finishing is so shyte that it makes him overall shyte :yeshrug::yeshrug::yeshrug:

I'm gonna get quoted to death about how he's one step away from being world class but fukk it. What's his strike rate like 2 goals in 33 games? :scusthov:

For a supposed striker that's dreadful

:whoa: Hes no way near world class, he has to add goals and consistently for about 2-3 seasons for that. But for United hes more often played out wide than thru the centre, not an excuse for his lack of goals but for a forward they need a set position on the pitch regularly that they know that they will play week in week out. No point playin up top one week then out week the next week then off the striker the week after that. Especially when you a young player strugglin for goals.

When he plays for England as striker he looks more of a threat tbh. But even now for them hes been shifted out to the wing :snoop:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
:whoa: Hes no way near world class, he has to add goals and consistently for about 2-3 seasons for that. But for United hes more often played out wide than thru the centre, not an excuse for his lack of goals but for a forward they need a set position on the pitch regularly that they know that they will play week in week out. No point playin up top one week then out week the next week then off the striker the week after that. Especially when you a young player strugglin for goals.

When he plays for England as striker he looks more of a threat tbh. But even now for them hes been shifted out to the wing :snoop:

Roy Hodgson is a tactical genius :pachaha: he doens't seem to realize that UTD plays him out wide due to necessity rather than purely tactical reasons. :heh:

best PL side for him to move to would either be tottenham or Arsenal but i doubt SAF would do business with them. He should have never signed that contract at the beginning of this season. But then again who would turn down 75K/week.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Roy Hodgson is a tactical genius :pachaha: he doens't seem to realize that UTD plays him out wide due to necessity rather than purely tactical reasons. :heh:

best PL side for him to move to would either be tottenham or Arsenal but i doubt SAF would do business with them. He should have never signed that contract at the beginning of this season. But then again who would turn down 75K/week.

I think hes been shifted out to the left for England recently to accommodate formation shift from Woys 442/4411 to a 433/4213 and move Gooney upfront as hes not as effective behind the striker at international level vs good teams. Also with Woy being naturally defensive coach he likes his wide players who give that industrious trackin back, hence James Milner being automatic starter under him.

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
TBH Im not surprised Miliband quit, not because of Di Canio, thats just a convenient excuse IMO. He resigned as an MP and is finished with politics this week already & moving to NY for work. All hes doin is tying up loose ends in this country
He gets £125k for 15 days work a year... no matter how paid you are, it'd be fairly easy/tempting to travel back for 2 weeks per year to earn £100k+

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Welbeck to me is a less selfish D Sturridge.

Has pace, work rate and (unlike Sturridge) links up well... but you know he's gonna miss 8 chances out of 10.

For someone who is probably most effective using his pace on the shoulder of the last man, that lack of finishing ability is a deal breaker.