Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I'm finding writing all this stuff out quite therapeutic you know.

Certainly helps with the crippling existential crisis i'm going through anyway.

You know...my mind is so consumed atm i've barely even got anticipation for tonight.

The fukking STATE of me.:huhldup:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I sat down to my laptop to get some work done but i feel like continuing my self indulgent scribing instead :smug:

So where was i? Oh right. The next morning i wake up with numerous texts and calls, i'm expecting them all to be along the lines of "please don't tell him" "lets never speak of it again" etc etc, you know, the usual. But friends, this is not what i saw before my weary morning-after eyes. I was confronted with questions, such as "why did we do that?" and "what was that?"

Now at this point, any sane and decent human being would have replied "It was nothing" but there's something i've come to realise in the last few months, i am no decent person. I always held this illusion that i was, but here i am, at the podium in front of my OFT brothers telling you that i am not. Maybe i'm being harsh, maybe it would be more appropriate to say "I'm human", but i have moments of horrifying clarity where i can't help but realise that i can't be, not with some of the things i've done. I'm still young though...blah blah, it won't do to argue with myself, there be a story to regale.

Anyway, i simply reply "I don't know...it was something" and with that one text truly starts a journey i both regret and am perversely proud of in equal measure(like i said, i'm a dikk).

So we exchange a few more texts, they're normal...bordering on flirtatious. It just so transpires that this sunday the 23rd the pub for the football is on the agenda. Nothing like the smooth elixir of larger to facilitate and accelerate infidelity. I'm about 4/5 pints deep now, surrounded by lads watching football, little do they know the treacherous deeds that i'm plotting on my phone. I suddenly say "Meet me", i expect a "i can't..." or something, but i get a "where?"...it's on.

I figured i could use the excuse of alcohol again, this doesn't become a real mistake until i do something/meet her when i'm sober. The clever thing is, she was judge levels of sober. She's in the wrong, but i'm sort of living in that shade of grey still:smug:

Once the pub winds down and our revellers retreat back to their homes i'm on a mission, walking with both anticipation and trepidation at what's to come. I'm drunk so yes i'm walking, i'm not risking my license for this girl, not quite yet anyway. We find a serene place, a bench by the river, which isn't anywhere as romantic as it sounds. We sort of just sit and don't say much for 5 minutes, then as time goes on and words start to flow we move closer and closer, til eventually we're kissing on some random bench near the river. Classy stuff.

Sex doesn't happen. But the way in which we almost agreed to start an affair was business like, we discussed logistics and practicalities. If we'd wrote up a contract it wouldn't have been out of place. But it was not without passion, despite my admittance that i sent that text earlier because i'm a c*nt, there's something there...i don't know what but there is. Chemistry they call it i think. I was a couple of days later treated to the admittance "i would have fukked you right there and then on the bench if you'd wanted to". I like i said mates, FILTH, but oh friends, we will get to that, oh yes we shall:wow:

Sounds something like :smugdraper: would do in the 21st century.

Now your mate whose lil flower you picked, was he a proper friend or a time to time friend

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Sounds something like :smugdraper: would do in the 21st century.

Now your mate whose lil flower you picked, was he a proper friend or a time to time friend

It's weird, i've been on such a #LAD drive the last few months i don't realise what a c*nt i'm being, i just shrug it off and :smug:

But i'm like a shark, i stand still and i die. If i have time to think about what i've done to people who i actually care about, i emotionally plummet. :ohlawd:

He was a proper friend. There have been times in the last 6 years where i would even dare to say he was my best friend, but at the time of this he'd become a time to time friend. It's complicated(and not entertaining enough to myself to include).

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I changed my email on my maxxed account cause it's basically the only fukking site I don't wanna lose in touch with... now I can't get into it without clicking the confirmation email... which they haven't sent me :aicmon: (I may ask the country club board for a favor later if this doesn't pan out)

So I went in search of other sites... which may be the best thing I've done in a wihle

I found all the dudes who left maxxed due to disagreements/the draconian policies, so bookmark these two:

Match of the Days - the better one of the lot, its so plain but it's straight to the point with all the categories

SoccerShouts Forums - this one is more of a proper football forum, more 'extras' so a bit more annoying to get around, but the same deal

Sam Peel

Banned
Daps
Reppin
South London
article-2288293-186EC812000005DC-905_964x430.jpg

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I sat down to my laptop to get some work done but i feel like continuing my self indulgent scribing instead :smug:

So where was i? Oh right. The next morning i wake up with numerous texts and calls, i'm expecting them all to be along the lines of "please don't tell him" "lets never speak of it again" etc etc, you know, the usual. But friends, this is not what i saw before my weary morning-after eyes. I was confronted with questions, such as "why did we do that?" and "what was that?"

Now at this point, any sane and decent human being would have replied "It was nothing" but there's something i've come to realise in the last few months, i am no decent person. I always held this illusion that i was, but here i am, at the podium in front of my OFT brothers telling you that i am not. Maybe i'm being harsh, maybe it would be more appropriate to say "I'm human", but i have moments of horrifying clarity where i can't help but realise that i can't be, not with some of the things i've done. I'm still young though...blah blah, it won't do to argue with myself, there be a story to regale.

Anyway, i simply reply "I don't know...it was something" and with that one text truly starts a journey i both regret and am perversely proud of in equal measure(like i said, i'm a dikk).

So we exchange a few more texts, they're normal...bordering on flirtatious. It just so transpires that this sunday the 23rd the pub for the football is on the agenda. Nothing like the smooth elixir of larger to facilitate and accelerate infidelity. I'm about 4/5 pints deep now, surrounded by lads watching football, little do they know the treacherous deeds that i'm plotting on my phone. I suddenly say "Meet me", i expect a "i can't..." or something, but i get a "where?"...it's on.

I figured i could use the excuse of alcohol again, this doesn't become a real mistake until i do something/meet her when i'm sober. The clever thing is, she was judge levels of sober. She's in the wrong, but i'm sort of living in that shade of grey still:smug:

Once the pub winds down and our revellers retreat back to their homes i'm on a mission, walking with both anticipation and trepidation at what's to come. I'm drunk so yes i'm walking, i'm not risking my license for this girl, not quite yet anyway. We find a serene place, a bench by the river, which isn't anywhere as romantic as it sounds. We sort of just sit and don't say much for 5 minutes, then as time goes on and words start to flow we move closer and closer, til eventually we're kissing on some random bench near the river. Classy stuff.

Sex doesn't happen. But the way in which we almost agreed to start an affair was business like, we discussed logistics and practicalities. If we'd wrote up a contract it wouldn't have been out of place. But it was not without passion, despite my admittance that i sent that text earlier because i'm a c*nt, there's something there...i don't know what but there is. Chemistry they call it i think. I was a couple of days later treated to the admittance "i would have fukked you right there and then on the bench if you'd wanted to". I like i said mates, FILTH, but oh friends, we will get to that, oh yes we shall:wow:
Never understood how one could do that to a friend. And never will honestly but "to each his own" as they said I think.

But just do you, I'm not judging. Because at the end of it you're still (a little) less in the wrong than the girl (she's the one in a relation) but... what's in it for you both ? Can't she just leave the guy so you both can be in a proper relation ? Would you be interested in her if she wasn't with your man ?
:yeshrug:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Brehs, seeing as how I spent a solid amount of my childhood in the neighborhood where the Honda Classic was just played, it's safe to say I'm a charter member of the OFT Country Club.

I watched the coverage of the last round. Was weird. Don't think I'll ever see somewhere I've had sex on broadcast TV again.

That 16th hole fairway :wow:

Never played golf in my life, though.

But we went ham on tennis :ahh:

You savage :win:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
:salute:

i'm actually doing it for my own business plan. i'm strong on ideas, pretty good and getting better on execution, and woefully blind on number-crunching

i've been going to seminars and classes for this stuff and it's exhausting.

:salute: Good luck breh. In class or at seminars do you talk up others?

If you can find someone you trust and work well with to do the numbers work with them. Frees you up to do what you do best.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I considered marketing analyst work. Seems like its nerdy enough for me to thrive.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Real Madrid coming to Old Trafford with murder on their mind :sadcam:

fukk it, i will bet on United again :to:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Never understood how one could do that to a friend. And never will honestly but "to each his own" as they said I think.

But just do you, I'm not judging. Because at the end of it you're still (a little) less in the wrong than the girl (she's the one in a relation) but... what's in it for you both ? Can't she just leave the guy so you both can be in a proper relation ? Would you be interested in her if she wasn't with your man ?
:yeshrug:

I was in a relationship at the time as well(not now), i mentioned it in my first post on the subject.

Nah judge me mate, i'm a dikk for what i've done. Though we weren't THAT cool when it happened, and i also took in to account everything he's ever said to me about her(not complimentary) when i pursued it.

What's in it for us both? SEX my brother, SEX, better sex than we received from our significant others.

As for those last couple of questions, all will be revealed.:merchant: