Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Montez

Superstar
Daps
any business majors in here? also @Montez i take it you're in marketing? i'm about to dive into market research with absolutely zero experience. got any tenets to live by? do's and don'ts?
@Hollister you got a business plan or are you running things day-to-day?

Market research is the way to go. There is a greater reliance on numbers and there is so much data out there no one knows how to really capture what's out there so you can make inroads.

Its not smart to have big tv campaigns when phones tell you everything you need to know. Ill be honest I am a company right now that I struggle to see why we exist given market changes and all the info Google has.

The lack of experience isn't issue if you have a good work ethic and the ability to sell your strengths. Most of my experience was in Finance and I was able to say Im good with excel and here is how I can help you. Starting out folks dont worry too much about that if you have an appetite to learn. Also know the story behind the numbers - tons of heads can spit out spreadsheets but don't know whats going on.

Work late - white people like that
Dress well. Shows respect for the work place and the job. People notice.
Have a plan - where do you want to go, what do you want to learn, etc. If you dont you just making someone else rich.
Don't be too picky - You can learn something at every spot or meet someone who can help you. Sometime you just want your foot in a door.
Don't be a p*ssy. I played it safe at one spot and I regretted it. Dont be afraid to speak up or make mistakes. I hated asking questions in the beginning smh.
Don't work for a big company early. You can get lost and they're slow to react.
Try a bunch of roles. You pick up more stuff and gives you a better idea of what you want to do.
You're going to be like this :why: a lot but its a growing pain.

I would rather work for a client because I can watch a product develop. Agency side has its perks (discounts on damn near everything) but it can be boring if you work for a shytty client or product.

Last edited by a moderator:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Have a plan - where do you want to go, what do you want to learn, etc. If you dont you just making someone else rich.
Don't be too picky - You can learn something at every spot or meet someone who can help you. Sometime you just want your foot in a door.
Don't be a p*ssy. I played it safe at one spot and I regretted it. Dont be afraid to speak up or make mistakes. I hated asking questions in the beginning smh.
Try a bunch of roles. You pick up more stuff and gives you a better idea of what you want to do.

i2FW44AuERydU.gif

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Sorry to keep harping on this but how do you suggest going about getting into PR etc. or other things to do with a journalism/comm degree? Is it simply doing unpaid internships until you luck up and get a job?

I'm weighing options at the moment
gif.png
Search for comm jobs breh. Maybe for nonprofits.

If you want PR jobs, there are a lot of PR firms. But they gonna pay you dirt low to start. Check out linkedin for jobs with different companies. You can make a really good career there.

You can also be an editor for an organization too. A lot of fed gov agencies need that, as well as big companies.

I'm alright looking, and broke.

It's all charisma, tbh.

Or I should say, it was all charisma. For the past year and a half my reputation has grown. So now when I meet a new collection of wild ass girls, my old collection goes on about how amazing I am and spit game for me :noah:

Like this past month, where I've started chilling with these late 20-somethings who all work in the same hair salon and do commendable amounts of coke. One randomly complimented me on my haircut (the flattop plays :wow:) and my brehette for life swooped in and started rattling off my rap sheet. Spent yesterday at one of their houses where the music was all vinyl and they made all local farm product tacos :blessed:

this nikka :ohlawd:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
god damn i would kill myself if i had to go to law school

:yeshrug:

times a million. :bryan:

Darren ‏@DarrenArsenal1
.@justinbieber How selfish and obnoxious can you be keeping your audience waiting until 10-15pm. Half the kids have to be at school tomorrow
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Ben Thear ‏@benthear
@DarrenArsenal1 @justinbieber I've been waiting in the car park for my daughter all night. He finished about 10 mins ago. What a disgrace.
Retweeted by Darren
View conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More
I would love to slump this guy.

i'll see your honda classic and raise you the the 2011 US Open :smugdraper:
twBui.gif

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Market research is the way to go. There is a greater reliance on numbers and there is so much data out there no one knows how to really capture what's out there so you can make inroads.

Its not smart to have big tv campaigns when phones tell you everything you need to know. Ill be honest I am a company right now that I struggle to see why we exist given market changes and all the info Google has.

The lack of experience isn't issue if you have a good work ethic and the ability to sell your strengths. Most of my experience was in Finance and I was able to say Im good with excel and here is how I can help you. Starting out folks dont worry too much about that if you have an appetite to learn. Also know the story behind the numbers - tons of heads can spit out spreadsheets but don't know whats going on.

I would rather work for a client because I can watch a product develop. Agency side has its perks (discounts on damn near everything) but it can be boring if you work for a shytty client or product.

:salute:

i'm actually doing it for my own business plan. i'm strong on ideas, pretty good and getting better on execution, and woefully blind on number-crunching

i've been going to seminars and classes for this stuff and it's exhausting.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
for white youngsters black guy with a flattop these days is the equivalent of light-skinned curly haired bytches laughing about trivial shyt in a commercial

concise

Veteran
Daps
I wonder if there is a board out there where people ask the mods every few weeks for a Ronaldo/Messi/CRonaldo/Maradona subforum. Maybe it's in Arabic.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At least some good came out of the Tottenham game.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCWLNYEajtw&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Arsenal rap #2 - YouTube[/ame]

Next big thing :obama:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Quick question. Have English sports journalists always been this awful? Or is this something recently? Like do you need to get a degree in Journalism to actually get started?
Just a little thing that's been on my mind for sometimes.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
:heh: @ OFT Country Club.
I could smell the europeanness in that thread off this name alone. I'm repping the tennis side of it by the way, fukk a golf :birdman:

1000th post on the-coli by the way :ahh:

dirty_yo

hired help
Daps
Reppin
the trashcan
It's alright. Just so fukking boring.

I have a low boredom threshold with things that I could give two fukks about so I struggle through the days for the most part. The social life is great but the actual schoolwork and class is probably killing me slowly.

At this point I can either drop out or wait to see if anything actually piques my interest my 2L year.

Leaning towards fukking off and spending time on things I actually might like because this Constitutional Law class is :beli: at the moment.

m8

dirty_yo

hired help
Daps
Reppin
the trashcan
weird how the only legacy i will leave in this world is this thread i bestowed on you bítches back in the sohhdays

but like all good things americans take it over, suck all the soul out of it and make it lowest common denominator of the worst kind

i miss the days when i thought kotk and coates were the same people (carlisle is surely a made up place) and mastermind was called guru84. whatever happened to FFK, the welsh cúnt?

LOVE ME PEOPLE, I AM YOUR SAVIOUR