Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

J.Pinkman

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Too risky to be confident with 3 newcomers, Song gone, and no one knowing what Jack would play like. You were potentially looking at a title challenging team with him. He's 31 no big loss if he leaves on a free.

Selling Van Persie has demoralized the fanbase and diminished the brand.
Either way, like 90% of Arsenals profits over the last few years have come from selling players haven't they? Sure I read that the other day. Wenger will have a job for life. Which board would want to sack the guy that's making them £50m a year?

Can't remember who it was, someone on the board, but the quote was something like 'When Wenger decides to hang up his boots' (with regards to Arsenal) which would suggest Arsene has a job for life.

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Peter Hill-Wood last season said it wouldn't have been a disaster if the club had failed to be in the Champions league this season. The expectations have been lowered by the Chairman and most likely the board that it is surprising to see all the speculation about Wenger leaving.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think he meant they can cope with the loss of the champions league income.

They'll keep arsenal corporation ticking over, while us fans are :wtf:

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
“He is a great player who we have met playing against Arsenal and without doubt he can reach the height of the players we have here at Barcelona like Xavi and Iniesta,” Alves said.

“He has a lot of quality and a great personality. If I was given the chance to choose, he is a player that I would sign for Barcelona.”

Arsenal prolly won't qualify for Champion's League. Profit has to come from somewhere, right?

Garage sale :lolbron:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Seen at least 5 people with Arsenal things on and I haven't even walked around that much. American fans giving the support the English ones don't :smh:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Arsenal prolly won't qualify for Champion's League. Profit has to come from somewhere, right?

Garage sale :lolbron:

He just signed a contract not to long ago so it is not like he can hold Arsenal hostage.

-------

on a sidenote: :russ: @Ibra thinking he can go to Bayern. Especially with Pep as their new manager.