Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Montez

Superstar
Daps
not going into the whole barca shyt again, there's more in the soccer world than such nonsense

but diving/whining/false sense of importance aint enough for you? mysterious red cards and pens when they're failing

Nothing to do with Barca. Bayern isn't far off them in the c*nt Olympics.

Bayern have the same self importance. They bully clubs and always put their heads in other people's business.

Look at their treatment of City and Chelsea last season.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Honestly I'm surprised you guys watch Brooker like that.

Black Mirror is the only Brooker thing I haven't seen.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
if Neymar knows whats good for him, he'll stay away from city(and Mancini)....

@Montez
exactly. At least Barca got the top 3 best players on their team. Bayern got no reason to act the way they do.

Theyve always been a$$holes. They're successful, its expected but they turned it up a notch when they bought Ribery and Luca Toni.

FFP and the Allianz got them :smugfavre:.

Last edited by a moderator:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
euro/african/caribbean/non-US brehs, help me out @Liu Kang @Kunty McPhuck @Gilver @KOTK @BOBN @Bury Da Bwoy @SCORCH

i'm explaining the game of american football to a bunch of foreigners tomorrow. as an american there's so much of it i've internalized that it's hard for me to tell if i'm overlooking any fundamentals that need to be explained to a new viewer. if you watch the nfl/ncaa football, what were some things that really cracked the ice of understanding for you? like after you got this or that concept, the game started to make more sense to you?

i'm not gonna be breaking down tampa 2 or the spread option, just basic stuff to make the game intelligible

:salute: thanks brehs. yanks welcome to comment too

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
:heh: I tried doing that once but I failed miserably

What a fukked up sport.

Girl: "Why did they throw a flag?"

Me: "I don't fukking know :heh:"

Ref: The lineman wasn't called in and was in illegal motion, 5 yard penalty

Me: :dwillhuh: I didn't know that was a thing

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
:heh: I tried doing that once but I failed miserably

What a fukked up sport.

Girl: "Why did they throw a flag?"

Me: "I don't fukking know :heh:"

Ref: The lineman wasn't called in and was in illegal motion, 5 yard penalty

Me: :dwillhuh: I didn't know that was a thing

i'm very familiar with those weird little nuances but i'm not even gonna touch those right now

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
euro/african/caribbean/non-US brehs, help me out @Liu Kang @Kunty McPhuck @Gilver @KOTK @BOBN @Bury Da Bwoy @SCORCH

i'm explaining the game of american football to a bunch of foreigners tomorrow. as an american there's so much of it i've internalized that it's hard for me to tell if i'm overlooking any fundamentals that need to be explained to a new viewer. if you watch the nfl/ncaa football, what were some things that really cracked the ice of understanding for you? like after you got this or that concept, the game started to make more sense to you?

i'm not gonna be breaking down tampa 2 or the spread option, just basic stuff to make the game intelligible

No one explained it to me, when I moved here from Sierra Leone, after one or two games, just got it.

Sports is like music, just show it to them, and if they wanna get it, they'll get it. If don't, then they don't.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
No one explained it to me, when I moved here from Sierra Leone, after one or two games, just got it.

Sports is like music, just show it to them, and if they wanna get it, they'll get it. If don't, then they don't.

yeah that's great and all, but my objective is for them to get it

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

I agree.

So breh, Im trying this online dating thing. Its kind of cool brehs. Im meeting like 5 ladies this week. If I dont end up in a sex trafficking ring in the former Yugoslavia, I will tell you about some of the experiences. :ehh:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

ive been watchin the NFL since I was 7-8 y/o. when I 1st started watchin it, I thought it was just another version of rugby, afterall we have both league and union over here

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Let them watch it, and ask questions, then you can explain it a little. No sport is hard to get.

It's really if you want to get it.

ideally, yeah, you're right. i just gotta account for how much time this is gonna take. we could stop and talk for 15 minutes between each play. that's why i need to at least have a top-down approach ready

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Good luck with that.

I think football would be one of the most challenging sports to explain honestly.

The down system, a lot of it seems arbitrary. But that's any sport I suppose. But with football there seems to be no real reason behind a lot of the rules. Why four downs? Why do you have a PAT? Why 10 yards? Why do you need 15 coaches to call one play? Why is there a 2 minute warning when there are literally clocks on everywhere on the field?