Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
yeah, American football is too archaic a game to understand.

The penalties will probably leave people mind blown. Also, why does the clock not stop until the final 2 minutes when the ball goes out of bounds.

The basics of the game are difficult to understand. Whereas with basketball, hockey, and sawkerball, its easier to understand the basics..

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Good luck with that.

I think football would be one of the most challenging sports to explain honestly.

The down system, a lot of it seems arbitrary. But that's any sport I suppose. But with football there seems to be no real reason behind a lot of the rules. Why four downs? Why do you have a PAT? Why 10 yards? Why do you need 15 coaches to call one play? Why is there a 2 minute warning when there are literally clocks on everywhere on the field?

You can say the pat is a reward for scorin a td.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
I agree.

So breh, Im trying this online dating thing. Its kind of cool brehs. Im meeting like 5 ladies this week. If I dont end up in a sex trafficking ring in the former Yugoslavia, I will tell you about some of the experiences. :ehh:

Honestly, I don't want to hear shyt unless you wind up on the track in the old Bloc.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reminds me of tryna explain football to my father, who watches nothing but soccer.

Impossible to explain, one of those sports you need to start viewing as a kid otherwise you're hopeless :manny:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
what site are you using?
Ironically, Plenty of Fish.

I know brehs were on there trolling. And I guess after meeting up with some of these girls, I can find out what the real deal is. (ie, something tangible, or are we fukking)

The other sites, you gotta pay for.:shaq2:

Honestly, I don't want to hear shyt unless you wind up on the track in the old Bloc.
bet. I will bring a telegram and have someone type out my stories as I am drugged up in hole in the wall spot in Bratislava.

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
Ironically, Plenty of Fish.

I know brehs were on there trolling. And I guess after meeting up with some of these girls, I can find out what the real deal is. (ie, something tangible, or are we fukking)

The other sites, you gotta pay for.:shaq2:

bet. I will bring a telegraph and have someone type out my stories as I am drugged up in hole in the wall spot in Bratislava.

@Brooklynzson sent me a profile of someone that was using my pics on pof :blink:

Creeped me the fukk out :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
@Brooklynzson sent me a profile of someone that was using my pics on pof :blink:

yeah, thats the weird thing about it

Its why I try to meet these chick quickly and make sure they are local. No fukking around.

I remember when Malcolm was using my pics on twitter. :dwillhuh:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Plenty of fish is a gold mind if you're looking for an easy shag.

If you're looking for something proper proper, prepare to sift through hundreds of horrors to find the gems. If your craic is any good you'll be fine though.

I often wander back to it if whatever girl i'm seeing/fukking is annoying me.

concise

Veteran
Daps
euro/african/caribbean/non-US brehs, help me out @Liu Kang @Kunty McPhuck @Gilver @KOTK @BOBN @Bury Da Bwoy @SCORCH

i'm explaining the game of american football to a bunch of foreigners tomorrow. as an american there's so much of it i've internalized that it's hard for me to tell if i'm overlooking any fundamentals that need to be explained to a new viewer. if you watch the nfl/ncaa football, what were some things that really cracked the ice of understanding for you? like after you got this or that concept, the game started to make more sense to you?

i'm not gonna be breaking down tampa 2 or the spread option, just basic stuff to make the game intelligible

:salute: thanks brehs. yanks welcome to comment too

let's think back to how I explained it to my dad.

Kickoff, kick ball to other team to start

You have the ball andhave 4 chances (downs) to move the ball ten yards. If you cant, other team gets the ball at that spot.

Why they kick the ball away on 4th chance? They dont want to get stuck in a bad spot, so they kickit away (punt)

concise

Veteran
Daps

not surprised, tbh. :ehh: That's a reason I was apprehensive about posting pics in that megathread and I won't be doing it again. 100% chance it was one of your fellow coli-brehs.