Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Isco in play during the summer.

Malaga playmaker Isco has said he would have no problem leaving for a bigger club and believes a move could be in the interests of both him and his current team.

Isco, 20, signed a new contract at financially-troubled Malaga late last month, but the deal was widely reported to have been largely designed to include a higher release clause, of €35 million, ahead of an expected summer move.

The player’s sparkling performances, which included an impressive senior international debut in Spain’s 3-1 friendly win over Uruguay last month, have further increased speculation linking him with clubs including Chelsea, Manchester City, Tottenham and Bayern Munich.

Speaking to AS prior to Malaga’s Champions League last 16 first leg at Porto on Tuesday, Malaga-born Isco said he was not worried about his future career prospects.

“I am not afraid, because my head is focused here,” he said. “Any club who pays that much money will surely be a big club.

“Then, if it is to help Malaga, I would not have a problem accepting a departure which would be good for everyone.”

Malaga’s success this season has come despite severe financial problems which have seen the sale of key men including Santi Cazorla and Nacho Monreal to Arsenal.

It has also resulted in impressive coach Manuel Pellegrini being linked with a number of clubs, including Chelsea and Manchester City.

Isco said the faith Pellegrini had shown in him since his €6 million arrival from Valencia in summer 2011 had been key to his development.

“He has been the most important,” he added. “I came here at 19, as an unknown, and he began to play me game after game. He gave me so much confidence.”

Isco could leave cash-strapped Malaga - ESPN FC

KOTK

Pro
Daps
The thought of someone going out their way to see Black Mirror is high comedy.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
The high pressuring nature of Welbecks game means he's usually all over the place so isn't ever really in a 1 on 1 situation. This 'he can't finish' thing is massively overstated.

Don't get me wrong he needs to improve on his composure in front of goal and his striking of a ball from afar but he's actually a very competent finisher.

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
he used to when he was younger. Now he's just afraid to shoot. he wont even try a long pass in the air.

Even when he was on loan at Sunderland he would be on some wasteful shyt but I just blamed it on him being played as a winger but ohmygod

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
The high pressuring nature of Welbecks game means he's usually all over the place so isn't ever really in a 1 on 1 situation. This 'he can't finish' thing is massively overstated.

Don't get me wrong he needs to improve on his composure in front of goal and his striking of a ball from afar but he's actually a very competent finisher.

If I had absolutely no life I would record every instance Welbeck bottled a clear chance. I like him and I want him to do well but it's getting to be a problem.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
If I had absolutely no life I would record every instance Welbeck bottled a clear chance. I like him and I want him to do well but it's getting to be a problem.

He 'bottles' things like laying on chances for others quite a lot. But presented with a 1 on 1, he's fine.

We can't forget this guy is still only 22. He's got plenty of time, and in the big games his endeavour and work rate, along with his ability to retain the ball with his back to the defence are a huge asset. It's the only thing that stopped England going out in the group stage last year imo.

The lad is quality m8s, quality.