Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
The Le Tissier mention reminded me of a convo me and my boy were having of how easy a life a talented player on a **** team has. By the end of his career he'll be absolutely lauded for epic/pointless performances, have atleast one random aspect of his game praised, and never have to pay for beers in one town again.

Deplorable, imo.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Damn brehs, I know we talk a lot about c00ns on here but I just saw a real life animal racc00n.

I was on my jog through my neighborhood when a brolic lookin c00n emerged from the sewer and turned towards me like :beli:, like he was ready to die over some petty shyt.

I just turned and jogged the other way :sadbron:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
You and your mate sound like a couple of right boring c*nts.

I don't talk about football in real life any more, it just annoys me. I talk about the events surrounding football but never of actual football, tactics, my opinions on players etc.

I did try once about a month ago with a bunch of lads on a day out, when i replied to their praising of scott parker by calling him absolutely shyte, and saying that Carrick was twice the player, but all i got was mocking laughs. When i tried to explain how Parker in actuality wasn't very good, all i got was several loud statements of "CARRICKS shytE MAN". They didn't even laugh when i mocked scotty P's 360 degree pirouettes, i'll be straight up with you lads, i was devastated, and vowed never to grace these certain lads with my opinion again.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
Damn brehs, I know we talk a lot about c00ns on here but I just saw a real life animal racc00n.

I was on my jog through my neighborhood when a brolic lookin c00n emerged from the sewer and turned towards me like :beli:, like he was ready to die over some petty shyt.

I just turned and jogged the other way :sadbron:
Safe decision, you weren't ready for that level of beef. I remember being a likkle yout at my cousins house and a rac00n ran up on a few of his cats (actual cats) and gave them all rabies in a skirmish.

You and your mate sound like a couple of right boring c*nts.

I don't talk about football in real life any more, it just annoys me. I talk about the events surrounding football but never of actual football, tactics, my opinions on players etc.

I did try once about a month ago with a bunch of lads on a day out, when i replied to their praising of scott parker by calling him absolutely shyte, and saying that Carrick was twice the player, but all i got was mocking laughs. When i tried to explain how Parker in actuality wasn't very good, all i got was several loud statements of "CARRICKS shytE MAN". They didn't even laugh when i mocked scotty P's 360 degree pirouettes, i'll be straight up with you lads, i was devastated, and vowed never to grace these certain lads with my opinion again.

Talking soccer in America is like being a good player in a shyt team. Some kid in a Barca shirt is calling Messi the best of all time, you make a snide remark and call balderdash on that shyt. In your counter argument you make a bunch of nonsensical references to Zola, Eusebio, the Hungarian Golden Team, and pragmatic European away strategies and everyone is just like :merchant::merchant::merchant::ohhh::ohhh::ohhh: and it's over with.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Talking soccer in America is like being a good player in a shyt team. Some kid in a Barca shirt is calling Messi the best of all time, you make a snide remark and call balderdash on that shyt. In your counter argument you make a bunch of nonsensical references to Zola, Eusebio, the Hungarian Golden Team, and pragmatic European away strategies and everyone is just like :merchant::merchant::merchant::ohhh::ohhh::ohhh: and it's over with.

thats why i ignore all those fukking muppets

"sawker?? i dont do ties"

this is my "talk to someone line"

manchester united.. brazil... liverpool.. chelsea.. arsenal.. argentina... spain..||||germany..netherlands.. non-famous epl/spain team.. (some team from their country).. usa/mls

my best sighting was a breh in a athletic bilbao jersey walking in my neighborhood

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin

Is this phenomena happening anywhere else? All the white people I knew growing up who weren't really into any sports have suddenly become HUGE hockey fans in the past two years or so.

Mind you, I live in Florida, so this is especially blatant CACing.

If you can find it within yourself to hate on soccer but dikkride hockey, I have to deem you a racist. There's really no other correlation.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Safe decision, you weren't ready for that level of beef. I remember being a likkle yout at my cousins house and a rac00n ran up on a few of his cats (actual cats) and gave them all rabies in a skirmish.

its true :pachaha:

mention some shyt like Batistuta, Mueller, Cruyff and faces drop. Drop some shyt like Kempes and Di Stefano and they have no choice but to cosign you.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
I damn near gave these British cougars a heart attack last year when I pointed out that the bar we were in misquoted George Best's classic "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." on a chalkboard.

Much like the career of a talented player on a shyt team it was impressive but ultimately fruitless. Didn't smash any of the cougars and the fukking quote is still up there wrong.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps

this is my "talk to someone line"

manchester united.. brazil... liverpool.. chelsea.. arsenal.. argentina... spain..||||germany..netherlands.. non-famous epl/spain team.. (some team from their country).. usa/mls

Reminds me of this Howler Magazine about to launch. You heard of this? I think it's gonna be all sorts of fail.

"Let's steal the idea of the Blizzard but just talk about North American soccer"

:beli:

Howler: A Magazine About Soccer by George Quraishi — Kickstarter

I don't even talk about football with anyone, mainly because my friends don't watch it...it's just sort of a personal time sort of thing :manny:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I have friends that follow sawker and we mock others.

Honestly, I have no problems with discussing the sport. Its just when you try and take in the sociopolitical stuff as your own, like Barhalona fans do that disgusts me.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Reminds me of this Howler Magazine about to launch. You heard of this? I think it's gonna be all sorts of fail.

"Let's steal the idea of the Blizzard but just talk about North American soccer"

:beli:

Howler: A Magazine About Soccer by George Quraishi — Kickstarter

I don't even talk about football with anyone, mainly because my friends don't watch it...it's just sort of a personal time sort of thing :manny:

there's another one along the same lines.. i think its called 90+1 i'm not sure. also the same exact format. kickstarter, something vague about "distinctive, original writing about American and international soccer"

the more quality writing the better, but MEH

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Song isn't a true DM.

He thinks he's a deep lying playmaker and he did pick up a lot of assists last season (10+) but he is also caught out of position and on a number of goals we conceded he wasn't doing what should be his main job of protecting the defence.

/QUOTE]

He was the only playmaker we had this season. I could understand why in some instances he got caught out of position, When your fellow Central Mids are incapable of doing anything positive, someone had to do something.

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Song isn't a true DM.

He thinks he's a deep lying playmaker and he did pick up a lot of assists last season (10+) but he is also caught out of position and on a number of goals we conceded he wasn't doing what should be his main job of protecting the defence.

He was the only playmaker we had this season. I could understand why in some instances he got caught out of position, When your fellow Central Mids are incapable of doing anything positive, someone had to do something.
Not strictly true.

We changed our game to involve much more direct wing play and reverted back to quick breaks. In the absence of Fabregas, there was a much greater emphasis on getting the ball wide... and quickly... and RVP benefitted from this at times.

Rosicky came in and assumed an effective AM role, Arteta kept the ball moving from deep.... there is nothing wrong with Song having some attacking ambition, but he absolutely has to realise that his number one role is to defend and anything else is a bonus... not vice versa.

Prime example being when we're 3-2 vs Norwich with 5 minutes to go and he gives away possession (leading to a goal) by attempting an ambitious ball through the middle in his own half. He needs a bit more game intelligence. You can't play Hollywood all the time then complain that you've not won anything, because you do need to grind it out at times.

The number of times our CBs got left 2 vs 2 or even 2 vs 3 this season, even at home, is also a joke.