Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People laugh at O'Shea now but there was a point in time Utd fans genuinely rated him. I remember a game against Newcastle about 02/03 times and he had a half decent game and everyone was raving about him. Funny how he's a bit of a joke now.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
People laugh at O'Shea now but there was a point in time Utd fans genuinely rated him. I remember a game against Newcastle about 02/03 times and he had a half decent game and everyone was raving about him. Funny how he's now a bit of a joke now.

The Scholes hattrick game

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
:shaq:

yeah, it was never argued because Kluivert was jokingly superior to van Nistelrooj, you got me there.

No one, outside of United fans, would even put van Nistelrooj in the same sentence as Henry. Henry was worlds apart.

Spelling Nistelrooy with a j, who are you kidding you wannabe c*nt.

You'll be calling it 'futbol' next :weirdo:

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People laugh at O'Shea now but there was a point in time Utd fans genuinely rated him. I remember a game against Newcastle about 02/03 times and he had a half decent game and everyone was raving about him. Funny how he's now a bit of a joke now.
He's not necessarily a joke, because he did play a part... but just evidence that number of trophies are no indication of your overall ability as a footballer.

It's like trying to tell me Anderson is better than Matt Le Tissier.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
O'Shea was genuinely brilliant in his first season and should have won young player of the year.

After that he wasn't as good, but was still a brilliant utility player, something which is very hard to come by.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The worst player comparison was/is the Lampard vs Gerrard one.

One of the most intelligent and cultured midfielders of his generation vs Scouse headless chicken with no real position :aicmon:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Spelling Nistelrooy with a j, who are you kidding you wannabe c*nt.

You'll be calling it 'futbol' next :weirdo:
:shaq:

One of the most intelligent and cultured midfielders of his generation vs Scouse headless chicken with no real position :aicmon:

:beli:

but he is better than Gerrard. Woy is making a big mistake starting that Scouse idiot

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Who remembers this celebration from Ruud?

Was in his first season.

I've never been so shocked by a swag explosion in my life as i was when i was watching this

Last edited by a moderator:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
As central midfielders Lampard and Gerrard have always been pretty crap.

Gerrard, like scorcher says is a headless chicken, Lampard is just too immobile and dim witted.

As luxury CAM's both are great, but Gerrard is much better, has won games/trophies on his own. Lampard has never done anything of the sort.

Daps

a system nobody vs a creative, unpredictable, brilliant footballer? Lampard is west brom hoofing status if not for drogba chesting down passes to him inside the box m8. meanwhile gerrard is Zidane's favorite footballer.

your line of thinking is exactly what's wrong with english football. lads like jordan henderson and andy carroll will show u the way

brennan rodgas :noah:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Eddie is right about Lampard being a system player.

We see how AWFUL he's been when the football isn't catered to his on tracks type game/movement.

No intelligance whatsoever. Not that Gerrard does have any. But at least he can move from side to side.