Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Manchester City have failed in a second attempt to secure a leading La Liga coach as a potential replacement for Roberto Mancini. After losing their first-choice candidate Pep Guardiola to Bayern Munich, City have now received a polite rejection from Malaga coach Manuel Pellegrini.

Pellegrini - who has also been sounded out on behalf of Chelsea - informed City that he had already committed himself to a club for next season.

:ehh:

Sochaux 3 PSG 2 INCROYABLE :bryan: :blessed:

When asked whether he would be interested in managing in France, Mourinho told Canal+: 'It's a possibility but I do not know when. I can not say when. Why not!'

Ancelotti better win the league :mjpls:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The Sochaux pre-match music is that CBS Football theme song :dwillhuh:

Fair enough, I like him a lot outside of his very worrying finishing and also, to a lesser extent, his lack of pace. But if he doesn't improve in front of goal this season then there better be someone brought in to put some in the net next year.

There better be someone brought in this summer anyway. Its why I was hoping it was Villa in January.

But I do think there is potential in Giroud. This season hasnt been the best at the club, an he has played well despite it. I dont think he will be a world class forward, but he does a lot to help with the attack.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just wish they would hatch out a long term transfer plan except sell the best player every summer...

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I just wish they would hatch out a long term transfer plan except sell the best player every summer...
this summer will be the first in a while where the best players arent sold. Of course that says more about the quality of Arsenal, than anything else.

ibiAy0FY2IoFDE.gif

:whew:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Is it too much to ask from your starting striker to win you a game from nothing though?

:what: Where did I say anything that goes against that? :comeon:

All I'm saying is a striker needs service and this Arsenal doesn't provide it. Never said Giroud was a great striker or not part of the problem but the biggest issue with this team is the poor attacking play.

We can't cross, we don't move the ball, we don't move, we lack imagination, we don't shoot from outside the box, we don't have a goal threat in midfield. When Giroud was on the bench we had the same issue.

Dirty secret about Arsenal is they only made profits in the last few years because of selling players. The club wasn't the juggernaut it was painted to be. Poor commercial deals hurt us more than Chelsea or City. With more commercial deals, new Emirates deal, and kit deal things should be different.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
:what: Where did I say anything that goes against that? :comeon:

All I'm saying is a striker needs service and this Arsenal doesn't provide it. Never said Giroud was a great striker or not part of the problem but the biggest issue with this team is the poor attacking play.

We can't cross, we don't move the ball, we don't move, we lack imagination, we don't shoot from outside the box, we don't have a goal threat in midfield. When Giroud was on the bench we had the same issue.

Dirty secret about Arsenal is they only made profits in the last few years because of selling players. The club wasn't the juggernaut it was painted to be. Poor commercial deals hurt us more than Chelsea or City. With more commercial deals, new Emirates deal, and kit deal things should be different.

Fair enough. I was just putting that out there. Long gone are the days where a Cesc, or RVP, or Henry can win us a game from absolutely nothing. We have no philosophy it seems anymore. No unifying way of playing. He just sends them out there like its a pickup game or something.

Clapsteel O'Neal

Daps
Reppin
NULL

I thought they made legit dough off of selling the highbury flats and that training ground etc? :dwillhuh:

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Vol 4 brehs :wow: support the homie Equanimity :salute:

[ame="http://soundcloud.com/theblackhippie/soul-ofa-hippie-vol-4"]Soul ofA Hippie {Vol 4} by theblackhippie on SoundCloud - Hear the world[/ame]

big-booty-drums.gif

Montez

Superstar
Daps
I thought they made legit dough off of selling the highbury flats and that training ground etc? :dwillhuh:

The squad and wage bill increased a lot.

However, this was offset by substantial increases in staff costs of £40 million: wages climbed 15% (£19 million) from £124 million to £143 million; player amortisation surged 70% (£15 million) to £37 million after last summer’s acquisitions; and a £6 million impairment charge was booked to reduce the value of players “deemed to be excluded from the Arsenal squad.”

Chief executive Ivan Gazidis was at pains to emphasise the club’s self-sustaining model, claiming that the club “can and will forge its own path to success”, though he must be concerned about the continuing decline in operating profits, which have fallen from a £31 million peak in 2008/09 for the football business. In fact, excluding property development, the club actually reported an operating loss of £18 million last season, compared to the previous year’s £9 million operating profit. This £28 million turnaround was due to operating expenses (£38 million) rising much faster than revenue (£10 million).

No other leading club has been so dependent on player sales as part of its business model. In fact, over the last six years, selling the club’s stars has been responsible for £178 million (or over 90%) of the £195 million total profit. That’s great business, but it makes it very difficult to build a winning team, as Arsenal seem to be perpetually two pieces short of the complete jigsaw.

The Swiss Ramble: Arsenal - The Song Remains The Same

Wages are 100% on Wenger and his fukked up philosophy of paying everyone roughly the same amount.

Fair enough. I was just putting that out there. Long gone are the days where a Cesc, or RVP, or Henry can win us a game from absolutely nothing. We have no philosophy it seems anymore. No unifying way of playing. He just sends them out there like its a pickup game or something.

We abandoned that for all the bargains and cheap replacements after Cesc and Nasri left.

Clapsteel O'Neal

Daps
Reppin
NULL