Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Montez

Superstar
Daps

Point blank chances like the one against Sunderland, Liverpool, and Chelsea? The last great chance he had was away at Chelsea (which he did miss) but him seeing none of the ball or no shots on goal is the norm.

Is he a great finisher? No but this team poses no threat.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Point blank chances like the one against Sunderland, Liverpool, and Chelsea? The last great chance he had was away at Chelsea (which he did miss) but him seeing none of the ball or no shots on goal is the norm.

Is he a great finisher? No but this team poses no threat.

Is it too much to ask from your starting striker to win you a game from nothing though?

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
probably Russia. Only teams over there are willing to meet UTD's asking price.

Well whats their asking price? Because if you look at it, his contract ends next summer and he hasnt been a regular starters for United in a while nor is he that important to them, so i doubt they can get that much for him.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
probably Russia. Only teams over there are willing to meet UTD's asking price.

Is he being in the doghouse with Big Ferg have to do with the contract situation? Because with Toni still out of form/ hurt it seems we could use him more often.

KOTK

Pro
Daps
He has 15 goals and 8 assists this season, for a team that has a mediocre midfield.
Which midfields in the prem are better than Arsenal's? Goals and assists against average prem teams, average CL teams and lower league sides aren't very impressive. Especially considering his glaring misses. He's the back up next season.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Which midfields in the prem are better than Arsenal's? Goals and assists against average prem teams, average CL teams and lower league sides aren't very impressive. Especially considering his glaring misses. He's the back up next season.

Most of the glaring misses were in August and September. He has been much better recently.

Can you think of a glaring miss outside of the Chelsea match since September?

I am not saying Giroud is a world class player, but I am also not going to call him unacceptable when this team has been unstable all season and dont create much.

And just because Arsenal have a midfield only behind Chelsea and City, doesnt mean its a great or even that good of a midfield. Its more of a statement of how the premiership standards have fallen.

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Giroud is a good Plan B type striker, Arsene changing from a direct style of the Invincibles to the tippy tappy style needs a striker who is good at link up play and Giroud isn't as good in that role. I would be surprised if he gives up on Giroud after a season without any internal options like what happened to Chamakh when RVP cam back from injury.

KOTK

Pro
Daps
Most of the glaring misses were in August and September. He has been much better recently.

Can you think of a glaring miss outside of the Chelsea match since September?

I am not saying Giroud is a world class player, but I am also not going to call him unacceptable when this team has been unstable all season and dont create much.

And just because Arsenal have a midfield only behind Chelsea and City, doesnt mean its a great or even that good of a midfield. Its more of a statement of how the premiership standards have fallen.
Is not having a glaring miss every other week meant to suggest that he's a top finisher? I don't trust him with a half chance.

Of course you aren't calling him a world class player, why would you even bring that into the discussion. His finishing is unacceptable. If a team is relying on a finisher like him then they aren't going to win anything in England. Downing the midfield as if some elite player is being wasted up front.:mindblown:

New striker in the summer or Podolski number 9 if this club wants to challenge.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Giroud is a good Plan B type striker, Arsene changing from a direct style of the Invincibles to the tippy tappy style needs a striker who is good at link up play and Giroud isn't as good in that role. I would be surprised if he gives up on Giroud after a season without any internal options like what happened to Chamakh when RVP cam back from injury.
Giroud isnt good at link up play? :mindblown:

Is not having a glaring miss every other week meant to suggest that he's a top finisher? I don't trust him with a half chance.
I never called him a top finisher. In fact I am not saying he is close to that.

Of course you aren't calling him a world class player, why would you even bring that into the discussion. His finishing is unacceptable. If a team is relying on a finisher like him then they aren't going to win anything in England. Downing the midfield as if some elite player is being wasted up front.:mindblown:
I am downing the midfield because it isnt good enough. I am downing the midfield because it isnt good enough, lol.

All I am saying is I refuse to write him off after 7 months. Drogba wasnt finishing shyt his first season in England, and that all turned out fine.

Even Adebayor was shyt at finishing his first 18 months.

New striker in the summer or Podolski number 9 if this club wants to challenge.
I agree here.