Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
Coutinho :smugfavre:
ilZc3FlmzoL28.gif

The Teamplay on this one. Sturridge just havin fun outchea
iTzcCCGXwhC9I.gif

I mean yall can't hate on this one at all :wow: Sturridge greedy and has no brain tho :mjpls:

noodles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
smh@Liverpool beating up on a weakened Swansea side..

On a different note, in your opinions...

who are the top 10 players right now in World Football??

KOTK

Pro
Daps
Orbinho ‏@Orbinho
Olivier Giroud's chance conversion rate in Ligue 1 was 15.7%.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
9 hrs Orbinho ‏@Orbinho
The conversion rate of the average Premier League striker is 17%.
Expand
9 hrs Orbinho ‏@Orbinho
Chance conversion in Arsenal career: Chamakh 16%, Bendtner 16%, Gervinho 15%, Giroud 14%.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Orbinho ‏@Orbinho
Olivier Giroud's chance conversion rate in Ligue 1 was 15.7%.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
9 hrs Orbinho ‏@Orbinho
The conversion rate of the average Premier League striker is 17%.
Expand
9 hrs Orbinho ‏@Orbinho
Chance conversion in Arsenal career: Chamakh 16%, Bendtner 16%, Gervinho 15%, Giroud 14%.

Bigger concern is creating chances.

Looking at this post again, the thing I miss most about Arsenal these past few seasons, is the entertainment.

For a long time, when people tuned in to watch Arsenal, they were expecting to be entertained, and they were. Even in the 06/07 seasons, which before the last two seasons, was our most dire in the Wenger years. The football was good, lots of chances(couldn't score), players that gave it all, and always stepped up against the big boys.

I just get bored as fukk watching Arsenal of the past couple of years play. It's horrid at times. :huhldup:

+1 The play is predictable and slow.

It doesn't look like a traditional Wenger team, just a filler team or something put together to do a job. There is no real purpose at the club.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
No it isn't. When there are chances, he misses them.

If he continued to miss chances like he did early in the season I would agree but he barely sees the ball now in good positions.

When this team is having one of those games where they create plenty of chances he usually bags (West Ham H&A, Newcastle) a goal or two. The main reason we harp on Giroud misses is because chances are so far and few between. Podolski and Theo have been lethal but how many times have they been pedestrian on the pitch?

Yesterday's match was the norm for Arsenal. Opposing team sit backs and he doesn't see the ball because our build up is too slow or unimaginative.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
From the jump, i could tell Giroud was going to be a pedestrian striker. Especially when our last 4 or 5 guys up top have ranged form slightly above average to world beaters. No pace, isnt great when facing the goal, passing is not Arsenal striker quality....he just screams mid table to me. He hustles for the most part, but has a tendency to linger over mistakes which i dont like. In reality...is he much better than Bendnter was? Serious question.