Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

tenor.gif

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
how can he take the ream forward if he cannot identify players' talents?

how can he if his in-game management is terrible?

please explain.
Performances aside (I know that's a bullshyt thing to say) but what can a manager do about a team that concededs after scoring what should be a stoppage time winner (Brentford), 2 goals in the 98th minute (Chelsea), and a 80+ minute penalty (Liverpool)

ETH is not fautless in all this but these last 3 games have come down to bad referreesand idiotic decisions from the players.

I blame Ten Hag for not pushing for Harry Kane (no matter the cost) and instead settling for a 19 or 20 year old Hojlund as his main striker as opposed to getting an experienced striker and having Hojlund as back up. THIS is Manchester United's biggest problem - we cannot score goals and take games away from the opposition

I blame him for playing an out of form Bruno (probably my favorite player in the squad) and Rashford.

I blame him for spending £50m on Mount who was one year out of contract and has spent 90% of this season recovering from injuries.

I blame him for snaking De Gea and bringing in a keeper who got us knocked out of the Champions League (fair play to Onana though, he's recently stepped up in my eyes)

His faith in Weghorst was mind boggling.

My point being, I don't see him as a victim. He doesn't help himself at times, I just think the (potential for) good outweighs the bad right now and it's not just based on hope but on what I've observed in terms of characteristics I personally believe an elite manager needs to have.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
so what? people get paid millions to find the next manager. it doesn't have to be "obvious".
I agree but it's a reason I'm not chomping at getting him out. I'm still 90% ETH out because the football and general coaching looks awful and even worse is the signings and money spent.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I've been apprehensive to express my ETH support on here cause I know ya'll want that bald man gone.

But yeah, I'm still Ten Hag in :lolbron:

The guy has had to deal with an insane amount of injuries (that don't get reported on) and then there's the ownership/management which has failed every manager since SAF.

As if that wasn't hard enough, he had to manage the Ronaldo, Greenwood, Maguire and Antony noise on top of that.

They way he handled Ronaldo and stripped Maguire of the captaincy shows me that he is a leader.

Sometimes he doesn't help himself (Insisting on playing Antony and Weghorst as long as he did, buying Mount when we needed a goal scorer, playing Bruno and Rashford regardless of form etc.) and I will not defend him for that but dude has had the chips stacked against him since day 1 and still managed to break our trophy drought despite that.

We don't talk about it a lot (and neither does he) but we've also had A LOT of bullshyt ref and VAR calls go against us in his time too but he never moans about it.

Coming from somebody who was quick to turn on Moyes, Jose and Ole, I think he deserves more time. Eventually he will weed out the weak links in this team and build a quality squad. Compare the team Klopp inherited vs the one he has now and it's chalk and cheese. I believe Ten Hag can do the same.

All that being said, if we lose the FA Cup semi-final my opinion may change.
It really saddens me to say this as a Manchester United fan but United really does have the worst fans (football wise).

I thought maybe this was an online phenomenon but fans' reaction (or lack there of) to today's first half display, following the meltdown against Chelsea, showed me just how delusional the match going fans are as well.

This belief that if you just let a manager, no matter how shyt he may be, stay in charge for 27 years he will eventually become SAF is not just dumb but also very disrespectful to Fergie. After suffering through two years of watching an arrogant, tactically inept manager with the charisma of a dry cumrag, it's impossible to think to yourself, "You know what, he just needs 25 more years."

If he showed up to Madrid with his ill fitting coat and personality of Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man, Florentino would've given him the Lopetegui treatment. Napoli would've fired him after his first two loses to Brighton and Brentford, in Brazil they would've ran up on him on the pitch for finishing last in a CL group with Copenhagen and Galatasaray.

But only at Manchester United do the fans hope he stays.

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
so you are wrong a lot ... :hubie: :yeshrug: :wow:
I'm generally right going back to Adnan Januzaj days. My brother and I get into these arguments a lot.

I can count on one hand when I was wrong about a manager or player and I include Casemiro in that count even though most seem to have turned against him :hubie:

My prediction is that Kambala will not play more than 30 games for United. Garnacho still has a lot to prove (in my eyes at least) so jury is still out on him but I will admit this season he has exceeded my expectations

Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Performances aside (I know that's a bullshyt thing to say) but what can a manager do about a team that concededs after scoring what should be a stoppage time winner (Brentford), 2 goals in the 98th minute (Chelsea), and a 80+ minute penalty (Liverpool)

ETH is not fautless in all this but these last 3 games have come down to bad referreesand idiotic decisions from the players.

I blame Ten Hag for not pushing for Harry Kane (no matter the cost) and instead settling for a 19 or 20 year old Hojlund as his main striker as opposed to getting an experienced striker and having Hojlund as back up. THIS is Manchester United's biggest problem - we cannot score goals and take games away from the opposition

I blame him for playing an out of form Bruno (probably my favorite player in the squad) and Rashford.

I blame him for spending £50m on Mount who was one year out of contract and has spent 90% of this season recovering from injuries.

I blame him for snaking De Gea and bringing in a keeper who got us knocked out of the Champions League (fair play to Onana though, he's recently stepped up in my eyes)

His faith in Weghorst was mind boggling.

My point being, I don't see him as a victim. He doesn't help himself at times, I just think the (potential for) good outweighs the bad right now and it's not just based on hope but on what I've observed in terms of characteristics I personally believe an elite manager needs to have.

can you go back and actually answer the questions this time?

1. how can he take the ream forward if he cannot identify players' talents?

2. how can he if his in-game management is terrible?

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Dont want to be negative but Arsenal stil has the 3rd chance. Waaay harder schelude

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Hold On Hold TF On!

We aren't just going to let Chelsea slip under the radar drawing to Sheffield :scust:Despicable.
Because the title race is so tight and Man Utd’s season has been so temperamental, Poch has managed to scrape by on some pivotal victories.

But yes, relinquishing a lead to Sheffield TWICE, is unacceptable.

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
Because the title race is so tight and Man Utd’s season has been so temperamental, Poch has managed to scrape by on some pivotal victories.

But yes, relinquishing a lead to Sheffield at home TWICE, is unacceptable.

They also should have lost to a Ten Men Burnley :hhh:Awful Team.