Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps

He was spitting from 4:07 :ehh:

I can 100% see why people want him sacked and I'm not going to defend him. I'm just not at that point ("sack him") with this manager :hubie:.

I genuinely believe he can take us forward but I keep that belief silent for the most part, what he needs is a little more time and support from the new hierarchy

Last edited:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
I've been apprehensive to express my ETH support on here cause I know ya'll want that bald man gone.

But yeah, I'm still Ten Hag in :lolbron:

The guy has had to deal with an insane amount of injuries (that don't get reported on) and then there's the ownership/management which has failed every manager since SAF.

As if that wasn't hard enough, he had to manage the Ronaldo, Greenwood, Maguire and Antony noise on top of that.

They way he handled Ronaldo and stripped Maguire of the captaincy shows me that he is a leader.

Sometimes he doesn't help himself (Insisting on playing Antony and Weghorst as long as he did, buying Mount when we needed a goal scorer, playing Bruno and Rashford regardless of form etc.) and I will not defend him for that but dude has had the chips stacked against him since day 1 and still managed to break our trophy drought despite that.

We don't talk about it a lot (and neither does he) but we've also had A LOT of bullshyt ref and VAR calls go against us in his time too but he never moans about it.

Coming from somebody who was quick to turn on Moyes, Jose and Ole, I think he deserves more time. Eventually he will weed out the weak links in this team and build a quality squad. Compare the team Klopp inherited vs the one he has now and it's chalk and cheese. I believe Ten Hag can do the same.

All that being said, if we lose the FA Cup semi-final my opinion may change.
I'm like 10% ETH on another season but 90% ETH out.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Liverpool and City have really easy matches left to play, incredibly weak schedule for both. Meanwhile Arsenal has Spurs, Chelsea and United still to play. As flabby as United and Chelsea may be high fukkery potential is still there.

All true. But at least now if they win out they'll win the table as opposed to coming in second if Liverpool didn't lose.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
F9z7EPF.gif
:lolbron:

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
I'm like 10% ETH on another season but 90% ETH out.
If this was Moyes, Jose, van Gaal or Ole I would call you crazy for even having 10% belief.

I've written Kambala off after watching two performances. Go back in this thread and you'll probably find me writting off Garnacho somewhere too. I'm just not the "give him time" kind of person but with ETH it's different.

I've seen enough to make me believe he has the potential to make us challengers again. At some point being a challenger may not be enough and change may be required but right now, we're in the mud and getting out of that will be painful. I think ETH is the guy to take us through that pain (pause :dame:)

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
He was spitting from 4:07 :ehh:

I can 100% see why people want him sacked and I'm not going to defend him. I'm just not at that point ("sack him") with this manager :hubie:.

I genuinely believe he can take us forward but I keep that belief silent for the most part, what he needs is a little more time and support from the new hierarchy

how can he take the ream forward if he cannot identify players' talents?

how can he if his in-game management is terrible?

please explain.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
If this was Moyes, Jose, van Gaal or Ole I would call you crazy for even having 10% belief.

I've written Kambala off after watching two performances. Go back in this thread and you'll probably find me writting off Garnacho somewhere too. I'm just not the "give him time" kind of person but with ETH it's different.

I've seen enough to make me believe he has the potential to make us challengers again. At some point being a challenger may not be enough and change may be required but right now, we're in the mud and getting out of that will be painful. I think ETH is the guy to take us through that pain (pause :dame:)
The 10% is not really belief. Its more to give him a chance under INEOS which he hasnt proven he deserves and there isnt really an obvious candidate out there.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

I've written Kambala off after watching two performances
. Go back in this thread and you'll probably find me writting off Garnacho somewhere too. I'm just not the "give him time" kind of person but with ETH it's different.

so you are wrong a lot ... :hubie: :yeshrug: :wow: