Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Arsenal have pretty much got our full squad back. I still think all three teams will drop points until the last game, but I’m strongly confident Arsenal can go all the way. Arteta has this team as the top scorers, with no out and out striker.

The defense is the difference. The goal diff was made up in January and February. But what keeps Arsenal in it is the defending. That's REALLY the story of the season so far. There's no way United play heavy metal football like they did today against Arsenal. They are too solid in the middle of the park and at the back. Not to mention, Saka, Havertz and Trossard have been more clinical in 2024 so far.

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
Dont want to be negative but Arsenal stil has the 3rd chance. Waaay harder schelude

for these 3 teams it kind of is
Pool has lost only 2 games this season. Now some of their injured players are starting to come back.
Not to mention they dont have a double with Bayern and RM

For me it comes down to our defense and general control of games.
Defenses usually win leagues and we have the best this season.

Like I said earlier we definitely have the hardest run of games on paper so I'm not saying it will be easy, but if we keep our level of performance up there is no reason we can't win against any of the teams we have left.

A few weeks ago it looked even tougher but we have ticked City (A) and Brighton (A) off the list and got 4 points which we would have certainly took.

Liverpool kinda remind me of us last season.
Reliant on their firepower but always vunerable at the back.
There is at the very least 5 times this season when I thought they should have lost a game and their attack got them the Win/Draw instead.
The Fulham game instantly springs to mind like :mindblown:

This is not to shyt on them cause tbh they have done it so often this season I thought they were going to keep doing it.

City also ship goals but they seem to have a bit more control of games once they take the lead.

Either way you look at it I don't see it being straight forward for any of the 3 teams.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
classic ..

:hubie:

I'm often not with Rants but these dude are clowns. He cooked bro. Out of posession EVERY player is part of a "defensive line".

Liverpool and City have really easy matches left to play, incredibly weak schedule for both. Meanwhile Arsenal has Spurs, Chelsea and United still to play. As flabby as United and Chelsea may be high fukkery potential is still there.

United can't play through Arsenal's midfield and Chelsea can't even beat Sheffield. The title is won and lost over who beats Spurs and who doesn't. Flat out.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
This had me rolling bro. Najee and Marcelle be giving that panel headaches, lol

Screenshot-2024-04-07-at-16-47-34.png

:patrice::hubie:

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
you didn't actually address the questions.

i am only gonna say this once ..

the players follow the instructions of the manager during standard phases of the game.

we have seen them time and time again concede the same pullback from the byline assist to midfield runner type goal.

why? because our midfield is missing and are under instructions to play high up the field.

i pointed out this type of error at the start of the season.

why is ten hag pushing his midfield up so far? especially when they do not have the legs to get back.

for the brentford (pullback) _ goal even though we had numbers back you can see that they are following the instruction to get in a line RATHER THAN pick up midfield runners.

Screenshot-2024-04-07-at-15-42-41.png

watch the video .. you can see them organizing into a line which means they have all received the same instruction.

and that has been happening all season.

ten hag's response to (all) of the above "it is ok".

even at Ajax with his "perfect" team he was unable to stop the rot against PSV and again against spurs in the semi-final.

it is nothing new.

Fair enough. Quite an insightful post and it's unacceptable that he hasn't addressed this.

I'm not going to change your mind and that's not my intention. Like I said I can 100% see why people want him out and if this was any other manager, I would be in the same boat. On the basis of the evidence (results and performances) you can't really defend the guy without sounding like a naive optimist so I typically refrain from doing so.

I still support ETH but my support is silent given what I've said in the above paragraph.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Frankfurt ain't interested in Donny Van De Beek no-more. He's always on the bench and they ain't signing him in the Summer. It's ova. :francis:

Better off going back to Ajax.

Daps
Reppin
NYC

Fans throw a barricade off the second deck, security guards try to stop them but failed, that one guard looked like he could've been tossed over along with the barricade.

:huhldup: