Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
When are we going to start a dialogue
b.png
about $135m Darwin Nunez getting dominated by a kid named Willy :dame:
seriously-diddy.gif

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
Thing that gives me hope going into the last couple of games of the season is not only are we not conceding goals, but we also don't look like conceding goals either.

City have been shipping goals and Liverpool always look like they will concede in a game.
We definitely have the hardest run in but if we continue in this fashion I fancy us to win against any of the remaining fixtures we have truefully.

It's soooo tight but whoever wins it will deserve it in the end :salute:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Liverpool and City have really easy matches left to play, incredibly weak schedule for both. Meanwhile Arsenal has Spurs, Chelsea and United still to play. As flabby as United and Chelsea may be high fukkery potential is still there.
United will be interesting, but Chelsea and Spurs will allow goals.

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
I've been apprehensive to express my ETH support on here cause I know ya'll want that bald man gone.

But yeah, I'm still Ten Hag in :lolbron:

The guy has had to deal with an insane amount of injuries (that don't get reported on) and then there's the ownership/management which has failed every manager since SAF.

As if that wasn't hard enough, he had to manage the Ronaldo, Greenwood, Maguire and Antony noise on top of that.

They way he handled Ronaldo and stripped Maguire of the captaincy shows me that he is a leader.

Sometimes he doesn't help himself (Insisting on playing Antony and Weghorst as long as he did, buying Mount when we needed a goal scorer, playing Bruno and Rashford regardless of form etc.) and I will not defend him for that but dude has had the chips stacked against him since day 1 and still managed to break our trophy drought despite that.

We don't talk about it a lot (and neither does he) but we've also had A LOT of bullshyt ref and VAR calls go against us in his time too but he never moans about it.

Coming from somebody who was quick to turn on Moyes, Jose and Ole, I think he deserves more time. Eventually he will weed out the weak links in this team and build a quality squad. Compare the team Klopp inherited vs the one he has now and it's chalk and cheese. I believe Ten Hag can do the same.

All that being said, if we lose the FA Cup semi-final my opinion may change.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've been apprehensive to express my ETH support on here cause I know ya'll want that bald man gone.

But yeah, I'm still Ten Hag in :lolbron:

The guy has had to deal with an insane amount of injuries (that don't get reported on) and then there's the ownership/management which has failed every manager since SAF.

As if that wasn't hard enough, he had to manage the Ronaldo, Greenwood, Maguire and Antony noise on top of that.

They way he handled Ronaldo and stripped Maguire of the captaincy shows me that he is a leader.

Sometimes he doesn't help himself (Insisting on playing Antony and Weghorst as long as he did, buying Mount when we needed a goal scorer, playing Bruno and Rashford regardless of form etc.) and I will not defend him for that but dude has had the chips stacked against him since day 1 and still managed to break our trophy drought despite that.

We don't talk about it a lot (and neither does he) but we've also had A LOT of bullshyt ref and VAR calls go against us in his time too but he never moans about it.

Coming from somebody who was quick to turn on Moyes, Jose and Ole, I think he deserves more time. Eventually he will weed out the weak links in this team and build a quality squad. Compare the team Klopp inherited vs the one he has now and it's chalk and cheese. I believe Ten Hag can do the same.

All that being said, if we lose the FA Cup semi-final my opinion may change.
Not even a United fan, but I feel like this deserves a neg.....