Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
can you go back and actually answer the questions this time?

1. how can he take the ream forward if he cannot identify players' talents?

2. how can he if his in-game management is terrible?
1) This Is the real world, not FIFA. Managers would love to have a starting XI of players that perfectly suit their vision and style of play but the reality is that they inherit squads and need to do the best they can with the resources at their disposal.

Why not just sell the players they don't want you ask? Well again, not so simple. United are the biggest over-payers and have the most overpaid players in world football. Players do not want to leave even if they have no prospects of game time because it generally means a 20% to 50% pay reduction. So they would rather sit and rot whilst earning the biggest wages they ever will. Ask yourself, besides CR7, Di Maria, Herrera and *maybe* Zaha, how many players have left United and had better careers?

So whichever manger comes in needs to deal with a squad composition of perhaps 10% world class players, 60% to 70% of players who are just okay/ doing just enough and another 30% to 40% who are just hanging on to their contracts.

How about this, why don't *you tell me* which talents in this squad are not currently being utilized to their best potential outside of Amad?

2) I'm not sure which part of his game management tells these players to concede *consistely* 5 minutes after half time or 2 minutes after leveling/going ahead. Again, I'll throw the question at you, what subs would you have made at 80 mins (or before) in this game given his options?

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
FA cup:

Citeh - potential double/treble.

Chelsea - lifeline at cheski.

Man U - ten hag survival and two cups (3 finals) in 2 seasons.

Coventry - ten hag gone?, poch in last chance saloon, citeh treble prevented.

:patrice:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

Pay Amorim's release clause :hula: keep ETH and pay Amrabat's release clause

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
Tbh, I think they got away with the Burnley result. That was one of the worst results of the season.
Man they got away with United result.

Two of the weakest penalty decisions you'll see this season (again, I ask where did the 8 mins of stoppage time come from?) and a wicked deflection for the winner.

If you have to fraud your way to a win vs United then you know you're bad.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Neither team has an easy schedule. This season has shown us every game is not a given.
for these 3 teams it kind of is
Pool has lost only 2 games this season. Now some of their injured players are starting to come back.
Not to mention they dont have a double with Bayern and RM

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Why did Wan Bisaka do that? What is that challenge? :russ:

Anyway, thank you Man U. We gotta stay focused tho. Hopefully with everyone and possibly Timber back, rotating will be executed to perfection

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
for these 3 teams it kind of is
Pool has lost only 2 games this season. Now some of their injured players are starting to come back.
Not to mention they dont have a double with Bayern and RM
All three three teams are still in Europe. City have the FA Cup semi-finals to deal with too.

If we go out to Bayern, then we only have the league to deal with. If we make it, we’ll more than likely face City, and they’ll have the same fixtures as us. And at least those two games won’t be outside of England if it comes down to us.

This really is ours to lose. We’ve got our full squad back. The momentum is with us. I have no doubt we can go all the way.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
you didn't actually address the questions.

:hubie:

1) This Is the real world, not FIFA. Managers would love to have a starting XI of players that perfectly suit their vision and style of play but the reality is that they inherit squads and need to do the best they can with the resources at their disposal.

Why not just sell the players they don't want you ask? Well again, not so simple. United are the biggest over-payers and have the most overpaid players in world football. Players do not want to leave even if they have no prospects of game time because it generally means a 20% to 50% pay reduction. So they would rather sit and rot whilst earning the biggest wages they ever will. Ask yourself, besides CR7, Di Maria, Herrera and *maybe* Zaha, how many players have left United and had better careers?

So whichever manger comes in needs to deal with a squad composition of perhaps 10% world class players, 60% to 70% of players who are just okay/ doing just enough and another 30% to 40% who are just hanging on to their contracts.

How about this, why don't *you tell me* which talents in this squad are not currently being utilized to their best potential outside of Amad?

2) I'm not sure which part of his game management tells these players to concede *consistely* 5 minutes after half time or 2 minutes after leveling/going ahead. Again, I'll throw the question at you, what subs would you have made at 80 mins (or before) in this game given his options?

i am only gonna say this once ..

the players follow the instructions of the manager during standard phases of the game.

we have seen them time and time again concede the same pullback from the byline assist to midfield runner type goal.

why? because our midfield is missing and are under instructions to play high up the field.

i pointed out this type of error at the start of the season.

why is ten hag pushing his midfield up so far? especially when they do not have the legs to get back.

for the brentford (pullback) _ goal even though we had numbers back you can see that they are following the instruction to get in a line RATHER THAN pick up midfield runners.

Screenshot-2024-04-07-at-15-42-41.png

watch the video .. you can see them organizing into a line which means they have all received the same instruction.

and that has been happening all season.

ten hag's response to (all) of the above "it is ok".

even at Ajax with his "perfect" team he was unable to stop the rot against PSV and again against spurs in the semi-final.

it is nothing new.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
you didn't actually address the questions.

i am only gonna say this once ..

the players follow the instructions of the manager during standard phases of the game.

we have seen them time and time again concede the same pullback from the byline assist to midfield runner type goal.

why? because our midfield is missing and are under instructions to play high up the field.

i pointed out this type of error at the start of the season.

why is ten hag pushing his midfield up so far? especially when they do not have the legs to get back.

for the brentford (pullback) _ goal even though we had numbers back you can see that they are following the instruction to get in a line RATHER THAN pick up midfield runners.

Screenshot-2024-04-07-at-15-42-41.png

watch the video .. you can see them organizing into a line which means they have all received the same instruction.

and that has been happening all season.

ten hag's response to (all) of the above "it is ok".

even at Ajax with his "perfect" team he was unable to stop the rot against PSV and again against spurs in the semi-final.

it is nothing new.

Ten Hag is being innovative and trying to implement high press with a low block :troll:

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
All three three teams are still in Europe. City have the FA Cup semi-finals to deal with too.

If we go out to Bayern, then we only have the league to deal with. If we make it, we’ll more than likely face City, and they’ll have the same fixtures as us. And at least those two games won’t be outside of England if it comes down to us.

This really is ours to lose. We’ve got our full squad back. The momentum is with us. I have no doubt we can go all the way.
A few days ago it was Liverpools to lose, now its ours to lose, next week maybe it will be City's :yeshrug:
Im guessing its everyone's to win at this point