Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

KOTK

Pro
Daps
Hey guys, I got some bad news. The dude who wrote Soccernomics and attempted to grind football into cold, grey figures and statistics reports that he's fallen out of love with football

Why I’ve fallen out of love with football - FT.com
Don't really get why they'd comission this, just a guy bytching about his job and talking about the lowest common denominator.
Well if your good enough you wouldnt be anon in Europe. :manny:

But hey enjoy your ambassador being a flat track bully and enjoy cryin about results not goin Team Americas way in the Concacaf
He was quality at Everton.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hows he been this season?

Shaw does look very composed when hes on the ball. Another left footed genius :bow:

Struggled a lot. Looks shaky and playing in midfield hasn't helped either. Can only remember 2-3 games he's looked any good. Good squad player but doubt he'll be the long-term solution at LB.

Thought England looked a lot better once Baines came on midweek btw. Ashley ain't the same player any more and hasn't been for ages. Baines offers a lot more and should be first choice.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Butland talk was bullshyt. Papers claimed a Chelsea bid was accepted which Birmingham denied. Total non-story.

Yeah the clubs got to make a decision in the next 12-18 months about Cech and Courtois. Cech could easily play at the top level for another 8-10 years. He's only 30 so coming into his prime as a keeper. Courtois is a beast though and is only 20. Would hate to lose a club legend like Cech but would understand if he is moved on.

If its true that you get Courtois back to loan him to a PL team for a season, I would sell Cech after the World Cup. Its a shame Hunt had to come in and crush his buildings because he would of been even better then he has been. He reminded me of Buffon with the easy and calmness he would make saves.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Most footballers I’ve interviewed have been perfectly pleasant. My problem isn’t with them. In part, I no longer like the game on the field. In my childhood there were barely any live matches on TV. A weekly highlights programme was a highlight of my week. Now that we can watch six live matches every weekend, the secret is out: most football is boring. And the ceaseless flow creates too much repetition. Lionel Messi is the best ever, but now that he’s live on TV 60 times a year, déjà vu encroaches: Messi dribbles past four men and scores, again.

he's got a point there :ehh:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
di-GQPY.gif

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If its true that you get Courtois back to loan him to a PL team for a season, I would sell Cech after the World Cup. Its a shame Hunt had to come in and crush his buildings because he would of been even better then he has been. He reminded me of Buffon with the easy and calmness he would make saves.
If Atletico are playing Champions League next season it'd be pointless to bring him back here.

He probably wouldn't want to swap that for Premier League either and upsetting him wouldn't be beneficial :whoa: Gotta keep him happy until he signs that extension. :merchant: