Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Tbf what does Keane know about goalkeepers? He spent 9m on Craig Gordon :scusthov:

Well the exampled he used was Schmeichel. And he said that when The Dane started to get too cocky in his game he would end up fukkin up.

tbf Gordon was probably the best British keeper at the time and was highly rated, he had a nasty injury and then when he came back he was prone to them after that/lost confidence iirc..

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well the exampled he used was Schmeichel. And he said that when The Dane started to get too cocky in his game he would end up fukkin up.

tbf Gordon was probably the best British keeper at the time and was highly rated, he had a nasty injury and then when he came back he was prone to them after that/lost confidence iirc..

He was skinny as fook and with keepers allowed to get roughed-up in this league he was never gonna cope.

He sorta reminds me of De Gea thinking about :ohhh: Decent shot-stopper and shyt at everything else.

Thank gawd for Courtois btw, don't have to worry about replacing Cech in the future :blessed:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
He was skinny as fook and with keepers allowed to get roughed-up in this league he was never gonna cope.

He sorta reminds me of De Gea thinking about :ohhh: Decent shot-stopper and shyt at everything else.

Thank gawd for Courtois btw, don't have to worry about replacing Cech in the future :blessed:

I think Gordon would of done better if he didnt play in front of shyt defenders. Paul McShane and others of that ilk :scusthov: As he came from Scotland I cannot really see the physical side being that much different tbh.

Well if things were so rosey with Courtois, why did you want Butland aswell :mjpls: . But yeah Courtois is good, depends on what happens with his situation because knowin you lot youll probably sell him

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Highly rated on Fifa career mode too.

:whew: England dont have to worry about Nigeria or someone else comin to take him away from us

Set Puncheon up at the Bridge with a 60 yard run and pinpoint cross. Ran past Azpilicueta like he weren't there which takes some doing.

Ashley's long-term replacement :blessed: unlucky Bertrand.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Set Puncheon up at the Bridge with a 60 yard run and pinpoint cross. Ran past Azpilicueta like he weren't there which takes some doing.

Ashley's long-term replacement :blessed: unlucky Bertrand.

Hows he been this season?

Shaw does look very composed when hes on the ball. Another left footed genius :bow:

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
:laff: @ referees being so bytchmade that they'll let players make no attempts at the ball and bungle attackers over in the box so they don't have to hear about any controversy

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think Gordon would of done better if he didnt play in front of shyt defenders. Paul McShane and others of that ilk :scusthov: As he came from Scotland I cannot really see the physical side being that much different tbh.

Well if things were so rosey with Courtois, why did you want Butland aswell :mjpls: . But yeah Courtois is good, depends on what happens with his situation because knowin you lot youll probably sell him

Butland talk was bullshyt. Papers claimed a Chelsea bid was accepted which Birmingham denied. Total non-story.

Yeah the clubs got to make a decision in the next 12-18 months about Cech and Courtois. Cech could easily play at the top level for another 8-10 years. He's only 30 so coming into his prime as a keeper. Courtois is a beast though and is only 20. Would hate to lose a club legend like Cech but would understand if he is moved on.