Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

concise

Veteran
Daps
All the talks about the Saudi league remind me of @yoyoyo1 who was a degenerate gambler watching some obscure leagues. Like dude was really betting on 2nd division matches in Eastern Europe and stuff. And that was 10 years ago:lolbron:

But I'mma let brehs cook. If you guys have time to watch that league, then do your thing :ehh:

lol, that was gambling addiction, the type that leads you to questionable websites :laugh:

Meanwhile, I'm off from work today and notice FS2 is about to show a Saudi League double header. I'm about to head out for errands and will definitely be watching when I get back in. :ehh:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
it makes NO difference to the argument being made. and it was one of what? 7 points?

if it makes a "big difference" to the argument i made please explain how.

:hubie:

someone was defending city's (alleged) 115 charges .

must be some other city supporter around these parts.

edit: just searched. it was Yayo :wow:. still waiting for your explanation tho. and your "full of" post breakdown @Kunty McPhuck .

You started the first of your 7 points out with a lie/half truth. Not a good start and I didn't even read the rest so they might be 6 outright lies/half truths following that one up :manny:

You should just stick to posting about Norwegian Fish cuisines Germans and their racism and your troll work in TLR.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
You started the first of your 7 points out with a lie/half truth. Not a good start and I didn't even read the rest so they might be 6 outright lies/half truths following that one up :manny:

You should just stick to posting about Norwegian Fish cuisines Germans and their racism and your troll work in TLR.

all those personal attacks don't hint at a healthy spirit breh :picard:

i ain't gonna ask you again so :camby::mjlol:

p.s.
you forgot my posts about advanced computing :ufdup:

:camby:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
My dude, that's nonsensical. You talking about a 20 year period spanning 3 generations of players. If you place the bar that high to label a top team as such, then in that case, there was only two other top teams ever which are Brazil '50-70 and Germany '70-90. And those teams also had different gens of players.
With your criteria, even Brazil '94-2002 or Spain 2008-2012 don't qualify. Your reasonning is so extreme, it's meaningless.

Also, you're mixing generations most importantly. France was a non factor from 2004 to 2014 as we had issues transitionning from the late 90s gen. We lucked out in 2006 because Zidane and them came back for their swan song but it makes no sense for you to include this period as dominance.

And it shows that you don't know the intricacies because that gen didnt start started with Clairefontaine academy and didnt coincide with France becoming a majority black team. This is simply not factual.

First, the 98 gen is called "Black, Blanc, Beur" (Black, Arab, White) because it was the first team that really represented France as the melting pot it is. But overall out of the 40 or so players that spanned that gen, there were a dozen brehs at the max and they were not all starters (from memory : Lama, Dessailly, Thuram, Karembeu, Vieira, Makelele, Henry, Anelka, Wiltord and I'm sure a couple more than I'm forgetting)

Second, Clairefontaine academy was created in the 80s and on that late 90s gen, there were only Henry (maybe some others but Henry is the only one i know for sure) that came up with that academy... All the other major players of that gen (Zidane, Barthez, Deschamps, Thuram, Dessailly, Liza, Trezeguet...) didn't pass by the academy !

The actual first Clairefontaine gen, as seen in this famous French documentary "A la Clairefontaine" below was the Ben Arfa/Abou Diaby/Jourdren generation which famously didnt win jack shyt.

That Nasri/Benzema/Ben Arfa/Menez gen which we call the "87 generation" that won the U17 Euro in 2004 absolutely underachieved and cannot be mixed with the 94-2004 (Thuram/Deschamps/Zidane...) and the 2014-current (Griezmann/Lloris/Pogba...) gens.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
My dude, that's nonsensical. You talking about a 20 year period spanning 3 generations of players. If you place the bar that high to label a top team as such, then in that case, there was only two other top teams ever which are Brazil '50-70 and Germany '70-90. And those teams also had different gens of players.
With your criteria, even Brazil '94-2002 or Spain 2008-2012 don't qualify. Your reasonning is so extreme, it's meaningless.

Also, you're mixing generations most importantly. France was a non factor from 2004 to 2014 as we had issues transitionning from the late 90s gen. We lucked out in 2006 because Zidane and them came back for their swan song but it makes no sense for you to include this period as dominance.

And it shows that you don't know the intricacies because that gen didnt start started with Clairefontaine academy and didnt coincide with France becoming a majority black team. This is simply not factual.

First, the 98 gen is called "Black, Blanc, Beur" (Black, Arab, White) because it was the first team that really represented France as the melting pot it is. But overall out of the 40 or so players that spanned that gen, there were a dozen brehs at the max and they were not all starters (from memory : Lama, Dessailly, Thuram, Karembeu, Vieira, Makelele, Henry, Anelka, Wiltord and I'm sure a couple more than I'm forgetting)

Second, Clairefontaine academy was created in the 80s and on that late 90s gen, there were only Henry (maybe some others but Henry is the only one i know for sure) that came up with that academy... All the other major players of that gen (Zidane, Barthez, Deschamps, Thuram, Dessailly, Liza, Trezeguet...) didn't pass by the academy !

The actual first Clairefontaine gen, as seen in this famous French documentary "A la Clairefontaine" below was the Ben Arfa/Abou Diaby/Jourdren generation which famously didnt win jack shyt.

That Nasri/Benzema/Ben Arfa/Menez gen which we call the "87 generation" that won the U17 Euro in 2004 absolutely underachieved and cannot be mixed with the 94-2004 (Thuram/Deschamps/Zidane...) and the 2014-current (Griezmann/Lloris/Pogba...) gens.

1. "no one said majority black".` the 84 win had just one breh in that picture of the final team. it improved but it doesn't matter whether brehs were the majority in the team all that time or not.

2. i never meant "a top team (i.e. anything to what? position 10? 5?)" i mean "one of the very top teams (if not the best) over that period "

3. "mixing generations" is a canard. germany (up until recently) has been the most consistent world cup team. see you can make a factual statement that bounds "generations". in short i am not saying "a particular french team is great" i am saying "the french team is great" and has been better in the past decades than at any other time.

4. "Clairefontaine opened in 1988". top scorer henry went there. agree. more brehs in the interim but they slumped. agreed.

5. "That Nasri/Benzema/Ben Arfa/Menez gen which we call the "87 generation" that won the U17 Euro in 2004 absolutely underachieved and cannot be mixed with the 94-2004 (Thuram/Deschamps/Zidane...) and the 2014-current (Griezmann/Lloris/Pogba...) gens."

even if you split them into two generations they have a lot more than 2 semis and 1 european championship win to show for it. and the breh participation is a lot higher.

also:

point about positions and skin colour?

point about the number of wins for france recently EVEN when you split recent wins into two gens?

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

thierry-henry-laugh.gif

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Why are you even trying me on France lol ?

France has had 4 golden gens : 50s, 80s, late 90s and late 2010s. The only gen that didnt win silverware is the first one but at the time.[/spoiler]
Personally, can’t be a golden generation if you don’t win anything.