Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
wut?

you ain't serious.

nothing to do with what i said. france has only been a top team recently.

up until recently people generally believed that breh players could not play responsible roles on the field well. that brehs could only be attackers.

not goalies. not midfield generals.

france team 1984

the-french-national-team-before-the-semifinal-of-the-uefa-euro-1984-picture-id639616185

france team 2018

AP_18161601962300.jpg

:mjlol: you ain't serious.

that was platini with his 9 goals. and "top team" is NOT based on one competition. the "magic square" (midfield) had one breh.

"Michel Platini's nine goals remains a record in a single European Championship."

yeah. that money sure plays football well :mjlol:.

what position did abramovich play?

wut?

Why are you even trying me on France lol ?

France has had 4 golden gens : 50s, 80s, late 90s and late 2010s. The only gen that didnt win silverware is the first one but at the time, tourneys were way different. And the only gen that actually underachieved is the Ginola-Cantona-Papin one in the early 90s

The 80s gen reached the semis of the 82 and 86 WCs and won the 84 Euro. The issue that France had at the time was that Germany/Italy were better teams. France at the time was a top team, simply not thee top one.

And the reason why there werent many brehs in that team before is simply because the NT has always been filled with sons of immigrants/2nd gens. But before the 60s, the immigration was from Euro countries (Italians, Polish, Portuguese...) so the players were logically white.

The mass migration post-decolonization from the Caribbeans/West Africa happened from the late 50s to the 70s. And it took a generation to fill the ranks with black players even though Tigana, Trésor or Janvion had paved the way already.

The black players simply appeared in the late 80s/early 90s for that reason. There weren't before because they didnt exist yet lol. And they played all positions, as a matter of fact, France didnt have that many black forwards first, it was mostly defenders/midfielders.

But that's only France, you could have a look at South American countries (Brazil, Colombia for example) back in the 1960s and on and see black defenders/midfielders thriving already. Maybe some people thought brehs should only play attack but that didn't mean they were. Many examples way back.

I have heard racists saying black people should ONLY plays defensive roles because they lacked tekkers/brains but I never heard that they should be restricted to attacking roles because of responsability. First time I'm hearing this so maybe that was a saying in the UK or Germany but certainly not in France/Italy/Spain.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
english clubs thought the european cup would never take off and refused to join in for the first decade of the competition.

Why you lying about the decade thing for ?

United were in the European Cup in its 2nd ever season and we know what happened in the 3rd season of the European Cup.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

France has had 4 golden gens : 50s, 80s, late 90s and late 2010s. The only gen that didnt win silverware is the first one but at the time, tourneys were way different. And the only gen that actually underachieved is the Ginola-Cantona-Papin one in the early 90s

The 80s gen reached the semis of the 82 and 86 WCs and won the 84 Euro. The issue that France had at the time was that Germany/Italy were better teams. France at the time was a top team, simply not thee top one.

And the reason why there werent many brehs in that team before is simply because the NT has always been filled with sons of immigrants/2nd gens. But before the 60s, the immigration was from Euro countries (Italians, Polish, Portuguese...) so the players were logically white.

The mass migration post-decolonization from the Caribbeans/West Africa happened from the late 50s to the 70s. And it took a generation to fill the ranks with black players even though Tigana, Trésor or Janvion had paved the way already.

The black players simply appeared in the late 80s/early 90s for that reason. There weren't before because they didnt exist yet lol. And they played all positions, as a matter of fact, France didnt have that many black forwards first, it was mostly defenders/midfielders.

But that's only France, you could have a look at South American countries (Brazil, Colombia for example) back in the 1960s and on and see black defenders/midfielders thriving already. Maybe some people thought brehs should only play attack but that didn't mean they were. Many examples way back.

I have heard racists saying black people should ONLY plays defensive roles because they lacked tekkers/brains but I never heard that they should be restricted to attacking roles because of responsability. First time I'm hearing this so maybe that was a saying in the UK or Germany but certainly not in France/Italy/Spain.

Careful he's going to blitz you with stuff from Wikipedia in large font and different colours and :ufdup:

He don't know about Kopa or Fontaine or the classic Reims team.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

france has only had a world dominant period starting since 1998 .

during 7 world cups since then france has reached the final 4 times and won twice.

during 6 european championships france reached the final twice and won once.

during 6 confederation cups france reached two finals and won both of them.

during only 3 nations leagues france has won one.

that has been france's ONLY dominant period. no other period even comes close.

i'm not even going to bother adding in their semi-finals (like you did) :hubie: .

what changed leading up to the 1998 team?

brehdom and clairfontaine

stop da babble !

I have heard racists saying black people should ONLY plays defensive roles because they lacked tekkers/brains but I never heard that they should be restricted to attacking roles because of responsability.

then then you have no idea what you are talking about and if you don't know this then you don't know football/

if i have to fill in the blanks then i will.

the stereotype was brehs could not be given the responsible cerebral strong character central roles as their strengths lay in skill and strength but they lacked character, mental strength and intelligence for those more weighty roles.

while this has lessened in the past 2 decades (due to breh midfield excellence) the concept still plays a role for playmaking midfielders and still heavily affects goalkeepers.

here is a discussion of the past - note "STILL"

"Over the last 17 years, research has shown that blacks are significantly underrepresented in spatially central playing positions in major league baseball and professional and college football. The present study extends the research literature by analyzing the racial characteristics of playing positions in English football (soccer). Data were obtained from 468 1st Division players. Chi-square analysis revealed that blacks were overrepresented at the noncentral forward position and underrepresented at both the spatially central midfielder position and "functionally" central goalie position."

First time I'm hearing this so maybe that was a saying in the UK or Germany but certainly not in France/Italy/Spain.

i am talking in all major european leagues. face-saving arbitrary lines notwithstanding.
i hate having to dig this stuff out, especially the historical stuff, especially with grid-iron being called "football" so please ... :blessed: cut the babble :wow:

Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Careful he's going to blitz you with stuff from Wikipedia in large font and different colours and :ufdup:

i wouldn't have said it if i didn't know about it in advance and wrote those wiki pages myself :ufdup:

He don't know about Kopa or Fontaine or the classic Reims team.

since 1998 france reached four WC finals, 2 euro champs finals, won 3 plus 2 confed cups and a nations league.

recent excellence like nothing else in their history.

:blessed:

"recent excellence" sort of like citeh ... :blessed: minus the 115 crimes:mjlol:

:ufdup:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Lmao we went from "we refuse to go over £45m :birdman:"

To offering £60m and being locked in a bidding war with Chelsea

Could've got the whole thing done ages ago :snoop:

Chelsea do need to be investigated tho. Ever since Todd got here he's been splashing the cash and signing players like Abramovitch never left

Otherwise FSG need to start offering those mortgage deals for players