Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
english clubs thought the european cup would never take off and refused to join in for the first decade of the competition.

people mocked the idea of city ever overshadowing man utd or dominating europe.

people doubted japan could make quality goods.

people thought the chinese would never catch up.

people thought brehs couldn't play midfield now brehs dominate it.

people thought france and spain didn't have the mentality to win at international football and now they are the best of the last 20 years.

times change ...

:hubie:
Were the statements you listed ever that popular ? I mean :
- Brazil and France have had great black midfielders for the longest
- France won its first major trophy in 84
- City won the league a couple of years after they got bought similar to Chelsea with Abramovitch
- The Chinese league never amounted to shyt unless you're talking politics there ?

concise

Veteran
Daps
I watch trash MLS footy because I live in America and I want the game to grow here. Why the fukk are you watching trash footy located thousands of miles away for free?

:mjlol:

Bruh, stop it. Either you like the sport or you don't. You're talking to someone that used to watch Salvadorean matches when they used to come on GolTV.

The sport is entertaining at levels other than the top and it's how we're able to watch womens matches, youth tournaments, secondary cups, tertiary cups, etc. If you feel it's not entertaining, you shouldn't watch, US based or not, because plenty of people don't believe MLS is actually interested in growing the game in this country.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
10e77de5aaa559844e9874a9850ba4687d058faf.jpg