Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

and to bayern :picard:

yeah the living standard is higher, the weather better but germany ... :picard:

away from the bright lights of international media:

"The supportive words are in stark contrast with the actions of Ngankam's club and coach in 2019 after Ngankam, then playing for Hertha's under-23 team, was subjected to monkey chants by fans from the opposing team.
The club took days to make a statement, while Hertha's under-23 trainer, Andreas Neuendorf, seemed to make light of the incident.
"Some say idiot, some say donkey, some say monkey," Neuendorf said after the game. "Perhaps it wasn't intended to be racist.""

Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Mane has played in Austria and France before coming to England. I dont know where you get this idea he is being mistreated.

that doesnt equate to mistreatment....Though his numbers are generally good from what i've seen and the analysis his overall play is lacking so he's getting criticized for it no more no less.

he wasnt mistreated at pool either, yes salah stole his thunder and the club prioritized signing mo instead. That hurt i know but mistreatment ala italian clubs or spanish clubs i dont see that. Not treated as the top top dog maybe.

here is Son Heung-Min's recollection of day-to-day life in Germany

"But Son said his most memorable career moment had been South Korea's stunning 2-0 victory over Germany four years ago, because of the racism he had endured in the country as a teenager after joining Hamburg in 2010."

'"I moved to Germany when I was young, and went through so many really difficult,
unimaginable moments," said Son, who left Hamburg in 2013 for Bayer Leverkusen."

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Hazard is only a flop because that pos Munier broke his ankle and Madrid mismanaged the recovery.

He was never the same again after that. So this isn't a case of a player going somewhere and being out his depth rather he was just kicked out the game. :manny:

Funnily enough I was watching that night when Munier broke his ankle and it was easily the best game Hazard had for Madrid up to that point.

Real shame how his dream move turned into a nightmare. He was special. 🕊️